TD Ameritrade

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Design and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in October 2009.

I was called one day and without setting any phone interview time I found myself in the phone interview. I was asked a couple of questions regarding my background, the position I applied and the company and because I was a great match to the position, I was called to the on site interview immediately. 2 days later, I went to the on site interview and had a 1 to 1 interview with the manager of the team. Interview went great.

Later, I was called and informed that they want to extend me an offer. They said they will have a background check run and will call me. One day later, same person, talent acquisition person (TAP) calls me and offers me the job (on Tuesday), tells me all about the benefits, bonus, the salary. Salary is quite low for the position and I was given only 3 days to decide whether to accept the job or not. I want more time, but they say it would be invalid offer after Friday.

Wednesday, TAP calls me and leaves a message to me saying that she won't be in office on Friday, the day i am suppose to respond and the Monday. She leaves me another contact person. I am thinking this must be crazy odd. Why do they rush so much for my response if they are not gonna be able to even take it.... Just to make you more stressed.

I write a negotiation letter with a reasonable amount of base salary change and my reasons for the counter proposal. I sent it on Wednesday and wait for all Wednesday and the Thursday till 1.30. No phone or e-mail response and I am suppose to decide and give my decision tomorrow.!!! I leave phone messages and then finally in the afternoon, TAP calls me and just says that they not only accepted my offer, but also decided to go with a new internal search. Although I have not given a response on accepting or declining the job to them, (I just made a new salary base suggestion and let them that I am open to negotiation), they simply say that my offer is invalid after this point. I tell her that I cannot understand. She makes up excuses, saying that they want to look at internal people now. What is this? you call people, interview many people from outside of the company and even offer a job and then take it within 3 day, saying that they want someone internal.

Message is clear: Never ever apply or even try to communicate with the TD Ameritrade HR people.

Interview Questions
  • After explaining the projects, the manager asked "How would you contribute to our projects?" ( This was the most difficult question they had)   Answer Question

I