TD Ameritrade

Updated Aug 1, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2014.

Attended open house. Applied for open position. Received initial phone interview from company recruiter. Successfully completed 2 online assessments. Held phone interview with 2 branch managers (even though I could have easily attended a personal interview with the Chicago branch manager since I work just blocks away).

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever made that much money before? I was asked this when I answered the initial question of "How much money do you need to make in a year?" and my answer was more than $100K.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Applied online through the website. Had a pleasant phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist and was sent a sales aptitude survey via email. I took the survey and four days later received a form email saying that they had hired another candidate. The survey asked a lot of questions about how comfortable you are with making lots of phone calls and if you are comfortable being called a sales person or sales rep as though we should be embarrassed to be in sales. Also asked a couple of ethics questions, etc. I got the impression that they are looking for more aggressive sales types to get the assets and hen move on to the next potential client rather than being a true financial consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2009.

I applied through career builder and a recruiter had contacted me the next day about the position. she pretty much asked about my experience and background and mainly wanted to set up an interview with the branch manager of where i would be working. I met with the branch manager as well as some brokers there. All of them were men and I think he was afraid that i might not get along with an office full of men. I thought the interview went really well and he even sent me a personality assessment once i got home to complete. I passed the assessment as they said but I never got a call back from the manager and there was no explanation as even the recruiter heard that the interview went quite well.

Interview Questions
    • how do you feel about taking outbound calls? what do you know about options?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2007.

Interview was set up through a recruiter with the branch manager.
    Branch manager seemed preoccupied with anything but the interview.
    After taking an online skill and personality test the manager asked a few questions including
    the old sales test question - giving me a pen and telling me to sell it to him
    Pretty lame for a financial consultant position. I was not impressed with the operation.
    Any way I was considering another offer at the time,branch manager was going on vacation, recruiter was useless and I ended up accepting the other position.