TD Ameritrade Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.6

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2015.

Interview

A brief interview with a recruiter went well. He asked a few questions and wanted STAR format answers. I interviewed for one start date but got pushed but to another much later date due to an internal error after waiting months already. I've interviewed at several other financial firms and TD by far has the slowest process to get people on board.

Interview Questions

• basic star format questions about how you handled past situations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The Interview started with a an hour long phone interview. I was then called in the next week for a one on one interview that was scheduled at 9pm at night. I had previously worked with the company as a temp, and exceeded goals, with great job performance. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was Contacted on a tuesday by phone to set up a phone interview. On thursday I had a phone interview, they asked standard behavioral questions. Friday I was emailed 3 assesments, and then i set up a panel interview with them the next monday. You meet with two managers who ask you seven "tell me about a time when.." and "what did you do" type questions. I was contacted on wednesday with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (DFW, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person meetings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Needed a job and accepted right away

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Star interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Hiring process consists of a short phone interview, 2 assessments (personality, and basic mathematical skills), and an in person interview with 2 managers. Questions are very basic behavioral type questions. Easy to get along with the managers. There is not a drug test

Interview Questions

• None of them were technically difficult, all pretty much fluff questions, search behavior questions online and you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation available- but you get to choose your shift, each shift pays differently

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. From there, you set up a one on one interview with the recruiter. That interview consisted of conversation and some behavioral questions. After that interview, a personality test is sent and then a final interview is made with two hiring managers that includes background history and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to break company policy. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, everyone is on the same plan.