TD Ameritrade

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Very basic, asking about resume and experience. Interview was more of a dialogue. First I spoke with the general recruiter, who then scheduled follow up interviews with different managers to see who was the best fit. Everyone was very nice during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about strengths and weaknesses, latest technology softwares   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

I applied for a branch manager position at TD Ameritrade via their online system. After a few days (not too long) I was contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was very nice, asked questions about current positions, why I want to leave, etc. Gave me information about the position and let me ask all the questions I had. At the end of the interview I was sent a link to a sales assessment test which I took online.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions
    • long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   Answer Question
    very cheap on negotiation

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2014.

Attended open house. Applied for open position. Received initial phone interview from company recruiter. Successfully completed 2 online assessments. Held phone interview with 2 branch managers (even though I could have easily attended a personal interview with the Chicago branch manager since I work just blocks away).

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever made that much money before? I was asked this when I answered the initial question of "How much money do you need to make in a year?" and my answer was more than $100K.   View Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Apply online, receive info on taking a personality test if you qualify, if they like your results you will get a short phone interview, then an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    No matter what, you will be underpaid...

Leadership Prgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

phone interview then site

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2014.

They just want to know if you can close business. They need closers to sell the in house product. As long as you have your license they'll hire you and promise the world. Ask about the high turnover.

Pay is not competitive

TAS Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

horrible. Too many interviews and Director level interviewers are condescending and rude

Interview Questions
    • none - all subjective interviewing so the interviewer never got a chance to know me   Answer Question
    there was none -- it was a take it or leave it

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Was recruited, interviewed, passed over and offered a lower position. They took bout 6 weeks to complete the process. They seemed disorganized, uncertain of what they wanted. First interview over the phone, second in person with 8 managers in one room, chaotic. HR recruiter did not provide accurate information regarding upward management- they seemed upset at the interviewee for an HR mistake.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask difficult questions because they don't know the industry that well. Seems like they hire outside the industry for management positions, who did the interview. They are looking for a specific response, not a truthful answer   Answer Question

Manager- Internal Development, Guidance & Strategy Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2013.

Initial interview with internal recruiter was great. Then- panel interview with managers was awful. Was going great with one team member, then other manager Manager was 15 minutes late then comes on and proceeded to break me down and find ways that I was not a fit for the job, only concerned with my current role and how it had to exactly relate to their dream candidate. As if I can not learn, adapt or develop! Really not interested in me, my strengths or what I bring to the table. A colossal waste of time. I have recently interviewed with 10 large Financial Services Institutions and this was hands down the worst. I really just decided in our conversation that I would never want to work in this culture and management and said it was not going to be a fit- the first time I have ever done this in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Condescending and combative interview tone- Where is this coming from? Here is a tip- maybe this works for internal applicants who are trying to move up the ranks? (the whole, why should we hire you? Yawn. . . ) This is not going to be effective in recruiting experienced folks like me away from my firm. Guess the grass is no greener! Good luck.   View Answer