TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

I applied online, i interviewed once with the technical recruiter, and interviewed once onsite with the manager.Had to write java 3 objects and 2 methods for manipulating the data .

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Applied online through my university's hiring link, and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour. Two weeks later, I was invited to interview at the Jersey City, NJ office. Was flown out and had 4 interviews in one super interview day with different department managers and HR. Received a call about a week and a half later with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• You've been given a large, raw data set. How do you begin to break it down?   Answer Question
    • In what ways have you used excel to analyze and model data for a project?   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website. A month or so later I received an email to do a phone interview. Then a week after that I did an interview in person received an offer the following week. The hiring process is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Know the 5 company values before they ask you about them.   Answer Question

Retail Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

initial meeting with HR. Second meeting with Hiring Manager and Peer to describe position, growth, challenges. Final meeting with the Director to gain additional information on department goals and position requirements.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions about resume and salary requirements. Wanted to know if I would be interested in other positions at different locations. Nothing too difficult. I was emailed a couple assessments to take online which I completed on personality and likelihood of passing the series 7 so math and problem solving questions. After completing the assessments the recruiter contacted me to move on to the in person interview with the branch manager. That interview lasted about an hour and went over the assessment and asked more situational questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary as long as your prepared. Branch manager was friendly so that always helps.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle upset customers who think they are always right and act entitled? (Because of location...)   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Trading Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to setup a phone interview. I was called and the interview lasted 30 - 45 minutes. The woman was very cordial but professional. I was told I would here back in 1-2 days but didn't hear back until almost 2 weeks. An interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2015.

Interview

In person interview questions 7: How did you handle a difficult customer? You must answer in the form of a story e.g beginning, middle and end. Online testing timed: Cognitive skills test like logic, probability e.g coin flipping and simple math. In addition a test to measure your sales skills. I think the in-person interview questions carry more weight in their decisions than the online testing.

Interview Questions

• I did prepare questions prior to interview, but stumbled on the selling questions   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Once I submitted my application, I received a phone call about five days later. The phone interview was basic information about myself, where I hear about the position, And why I wanted it. After about a week later I was contacted to do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic and straightforward.Just make sure to do your research about the company and be ready to answer why you want to work at TD Ameritrade.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was an internship position, there was not much room for any negotiation.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applied online, get phone interview by HR, just normal questions (like why to leave the current company, why this company, what's the current salary and so on). Then face to face interview by direct manager.