TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.8

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was a sit down question/answer session with a panel of 5 people including peers and the manager. I was asked questions regarding my technical support experience. What kind of finance experience I have, if any.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have troubleshooting issues?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

job fair that permitted for a face to face with human resources and hiring manager. Questions were fairly easy and them were looking for enthusiasm more than 'correct answers'. After the interview, human resources is very helpful and a tour of the office is offered.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I received a call from a recruiter. After that interview I met with the Branch Manager. I had to do a Sales Key assessment. Was interviewed by another Branch Manager over the phone later that week. Final interview was with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager for expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First is the phone interview which is about 40 minutes, and if the recruiter likes you, they will send you a 40 minute assessment. Depending on your score of the assessment, the recruiter will then offer you an in person interview. The in person interview consists of two or three TD Ameritrade employees conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does world-class customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Radnor, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews two in person with the branch manager and then the regional manager as well as 1 phone interview with a BM who ran through a role play.

Interview Questions

• What's your sales process?   1 Answer

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website. A month or so later I received an email to do a phone interview. Then a week after that I did an interview in person received an offer the following week. The hiring process is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Know the 5 company values before they ask you about them.   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Fixed Income Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Great and efficient process...and I've been through every single competitors interview and hiring process...TDA is by far the best. Besides the basic personality assessment questions, expect to be asked relevant technical questions related to the job....know and understand fixed income portfolio management, bond strategy, ladders, duration management etc also expect Bloomberg Terminal questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what a bond ladder is and why would a client benefit?   1 Answer
    • Why you?   1 Answer
    • What is the current ten year treasury yielding and why is this so relevant?   1 Answer

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Once I submitted my application, I received a phone call about five days later. The phone interview was basic information about myself, where I hear about the position, And why I wanted it. After about a week later I was contacted to do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic and straightforward.Just make sure to do your research about the company and be ready to answer why you want to work at TD Ameritrade.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was an internship position, there was not much room for any negotiation.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applied online, get phone interview by HR, just normal questions (like why to leave the current company, why this company, what's the current salary and so on). Then face to face interview by direct manager.