TD Ameritrade

89 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

Interview Details – on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Interview Question – the previous working experience, stat software   Answer Question

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Senior Relationship Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially applied online, then proceeded with a 20 minute phone interview. From there, met with hiring manager then the Human Resources Manager. Next day was offered the position

Interview Question – What is one weakness you are trying to overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. My prior experience indicated I would be able to ask for a higher pay grade.

Investment Consultant

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview Details – Apply online, receive info on taking a personality test if you qualify, if they like your results you will get a short phone interview, then an in person interview.

Interview Question – All basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No matter what, you will be underpaid...

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me first and then the hr contacted me twice to schedule the same interview.

Interview Question – The retail side of the business uses the STAR method-situation, task, action, result. The marketing department does not use this method. They are more like a conversation. They do not really ask questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume online, a lady called me and explained they were interested in getting to know more about me. She set up a time later in the week for the first interview, which was held over the phone. During the phone interview, she asked the basic questions like if you were in this situation you would do what types of questions. Then she asked my availability to make sure I would be able to work the hours they needed (20 hours/week). A few days later she called and said the first one went well so they wanted me to come in for a interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was a little intimidating since it was my first real interview. The hiring manager and another guy kept writing down notes and seemed to be unimpressed with anything I said. However, when we were done with the questions and we started talking we seemed to break the ice and lighten up a bit. When I left I didn't think I had done well enough to get the internship, but a few weeks later the lady who had interviewed me over the phone called to tell me I got the internship! The lady was always very friendly, however the two guys in the interview were rigid and not very approachable. They made it kind of uncomfortable, but I guess that's how an interview is going to be.

Interview Question – What are the core values of our company?   View Answer

Leadership Prgram Interview

Leadership Prgram
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview Details – phone interview then site

Interview Question – there was a case study with math.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR manager was followed by a questionnaire to measure your sales aptitude and a phone interview with the hiring manager (Branch Manager). Nearly all the questions were about my background, skills, and experience. Was also asked several times to describe why I was interested in working at this firm and also what attracted me to the role. I was told the role consists of approximately 70% sales and 30% relationship management. It was made very clear that this role does not include any portfolio management responsibilities. The 3rd round interview is with a Branch Manager from a different office and included a 10-minute role play where I was the Investment Consultant and the Branch Manager was acting as an uninterested client that I had to persuade to become interested in the firm's products. There were lots of objections that the candidate is asked to try to overcome.

Interview Question – The most difficult question dealt with the role play in the 3rd round interview. The Branch Manager, who was acting as the client, was a very difficult customer who had absolutely no interest in learning more about ways the Investment Consultant could introduce additional products and services to the client. He gave many one word answers and was not interested in giving the Investment Consultant any room to expand the conversation.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with recruiter and two other with managers. Also took a personality assessment. Young staff of energetic managers and co-workers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest sense of accomplishment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Grass is not always greener. I like my job, work hard but also feel appreciated at TDA!

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in October 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions with two interviewers. They asked about my work history and to name an experience where I had to overcome a difficult situation and I didnt have a supervisor manager available.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when I had to deal with an upset customer and how i resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotion was done the postion had a set price.

Very Easy Interview

TAS Representative Interview

TAS Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview Details – horrible. Too many interviews and Director level interviewers are condescending and rude

Interview Question – none - all subjective interviewing so the interviewer never got a chance to know me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none -- it was a take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Ameritrade

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!

TD Ameritrade Videos

TD Ameritrade – Why Work for Us?

TD Ameritrade is a leading organization that has provided premier brokerage and investment services for over 37 years. Listed as one of Forbes’ "Global 2000" companies1, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Ameritrade interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Ameritrade employees and interview candidates.