TD Ameritrade

2.8

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2014.

They just want to know if you can close business. They need closers to sell the in house product. As long as you have your license they'll hire you and promise the world. Ask about the high turnover.

Pay is not competitive

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions
    • long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   Answer Question
    very cheap on negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

I applied for a branch manager position at TD Ameritrade via their online system. After a few days (not too long) I was contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was very nice, asked questions about current positions, why I want to leave, etc. Gave me information about the position and let me ask all the questions I had. At the end of the interview I was sent a link to a sales assessment test which I took online.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2010.

Sales Key a Personality Test and quick check credit completed prior to interviews. Multiple interviews. They are very social organization that collaborates so want team players who share best practices. You have to be willing to share a great deal of your ideas.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. How did you decide what came first?   View Answer
    Some negotiation possible. If they want you they will do what they can within their limits.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in October 2013.

Applied through their website, then got the phone call interview, then office interview. Recruiter and interviewer are very nice. The interview process was not hard at all. Just be confident and show your passion about the internship program and the company, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. Very basic, just show them your passion for learning about the work and this company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very basic, asking about resume and experience. Interview was more of a dialogue. First I spoke with the general recruiter, who then scheduled follow up interviews with different managers to see who was the best fit. Everyone was very nice during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about strengths and weaknesses, latest technology softwares   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Applied online. Had a short phone interview. I had to do an online simulation and a personality test. I got a call 3 days later to arrange an face to face interview.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2014.

Attended open house. Applied for open position. Received initial phone interview from company recruiter. Successfully completed 2 online assessments. Held phone interview with 2 branch managers (even though I could have easily attended a personal interview with the Chicago branch manager since I work just blocks away).

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever made that much money before? I was asked this when I answered the initial question of "How much money do you need to make in a year?" and my answer was more than $100K.   View Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

phone interview, follow by panel interview, and sometimes called back for 1:1
    TD likes the STAR format. Situation, time, action, and resolution. There are many different departments inside TD, but for any sales positions, be prepared to answer about your sales process, how you communicate, and be specific

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to answer specific questions about your sales process   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.