TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was instructed to complete a SalesKey questionnaire online, rushed through it while standing at the airport on my way to another interview. The company believes in SalesKey religiously. Had an in-person interview with the branch manager, which was very conversational, he seemed to really like me, and he had me meet a second manager at a different location, as it was explained to me that more than one manager has to interview a candidate. The following week, I was contacted by recruiting, and asked to fill out the application and consent forms to check the CRD and run a background check. One week later, had a second in-person interview with another manager at a different branch, both managers were very conversational. Few days later, I was called by the branch manager to come by the branch, and I went early the next morning to see him, and he congratulated me on becoming part of the team, told me to expect a call from the recruiter with an offer that day. Received a call from the recruiter later in the day. 55k Base was the max at the time, and they wouldn't budge. They also pay a draw which amounts to 16k per year, and it is paid out in the bi-weekly paychecks. When you get paid the quarterly bonus, the 4k that you were paid for the 12 week period is deducted from your bonus. They have paid 60-65k since that time, depending on the mood of the company and the time of the year. Bases range from 55-65, however anything over 60k is very very rare. When you start working, the background check has yet to be completed. Company was a bit backward that they hire people prior to completing the background checks. HR emailed a few times asking for documentation and that was quickly completed. Overall the interview process wasn't bad. Company is ok, not my top pick

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First is the phone interview which is about 40 minutes, and if the recruiter likes you, they will send you a 40 minute assessment. Depending on your score of the assessment, the recruiter will then offer you an in person interview. The in person interview consists of two or three TD Ameritrade employees conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does world-class customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I received a call from a recruiter. After that interview I met with the Branch Manager. I had to do a Sales Key assessment. Was interviewed by another Branch Manager over the phone later that week. Final interview was with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager for expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Four people interviewing specific list of questions interview set and moved by recruiter received an email after first reschedule to prepare a presentation a peer was involved in the interview process the panel did not all seem prepared

Interview Questions

• Asked me to present on a successful project I had led as if they were business owners   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

They used a list of standard questions similar to interviewing an entry level associate. Uses a STAR format. STAR stands for situation, task, actions and result. It is very important to follow the format and give as much details as possible. If you remember the date and year and the clients name would be even better. The more detail the better. Also emphasize what you do extra to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Give an example you helped a client and uncovered hidden needs   Answer Question

Senior EPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews - team interview, HR interview, director interview, manager interview Several rounds over a couple weeks The interview process was very intense and stressful. However, it also provided a great insight to team dynamics and culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your career aspiration path? Why do you want this role? What makes you most qualified?   Answer Question

Practice Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with 2 employees from the company. It was very straightforward and easy. They asked mostly questions about my background and resume. They also asked what I knew about the company and why I would be interested in joining their team. Interview went well, but they removed the program shortly after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Radnor, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews two in person with the branch manager and then the regional manager as well as 1 phone interview with a BM who ran through a role play.

Interview Questions

• What's your sales process?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview then face to face interview with two managers. In addition to that they have you take a personality quiz. The entire process was easy and seamless.

Human Resources Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough yet laid back. All of the interviewers were professional. All of the interview questions were professional behavioral based interview questions. I was impressed with every person involved in the process.