TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2010.

Sales Key a Personality Test and quick check credit completed prior to interviews. Multiple interviews. They are very social organization that collaborates so want team players who share best practices. You have to be willing to share a great deal of your ideas.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. How did you decide what came first?   View Answer
    Some negotiation possible. If they want you they will do what they can within their limits.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in October 2013.

Applied through their website, then got the phone call interview, then office interview. Recruiter and interviewer are very nice. The interview process was not hard at all. Just be confident and show your passion about the internship program and the company, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • there are no difficult questions. Very basic, just show them your passion for learning about the work and this company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very basic, asking about resume and experience. Interview was more of a dialogue. First I spoke with the general recruiter, who then scheduled follow up interviews with different managers to see who was the best fit. Everyone was very nice during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about strengths and weaknesses, latest technology softwares   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Applied online. Had a short phone interview. I had to do an online simulation and a personality test. I got a call 3 days later to arrange an face to face interview.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2014.

Attended open house. Applied for open position. Received initial phone interview from company recruiter. Successfully completed 2 online assessments. Held phone interview with 2 branch managers (even though I could have easily attended a personal interview with the Chicago branch manager since I work just blocks away).

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever made that much money before? I was asked this when I answered the initial question of "How much money do you need to make in a year?" and my answer was more than $100K.   View Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

phone interview, follow by panel interview, and sometimes called back for 1:1
    TD likes the STAR format. Situation, time, action, and resolution. There are many different departments inside TD, but for any sales positions, be prepared to answer about your sales process, how you communicate, and be specific

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to answer specific questions about your sales process   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2010.

Initially applied online, then proceeded with a 20 minute phone interview. From there, met with hiring manager then the Human Resources Manager. Next day was offered the position

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. My prior experience indicated I would be able to ask for a higher pay grade.

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Apply online, receive info on taking a personality test if you qualify, if they like your results you will get a short phone interview, then an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    No matter what, you will be underpaid...

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2013.

The recruiter called me first and then the hr contacted me twice to schedule the same interview.

Interview Questions
    • The retail side of the business uses the STAR method-situation, task, action, result. The marketing department does not use this method. They are more like a conversation. They do not really ask questions.   Answer Question