TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for a branch manager position at TD Ameritrade via their online system. After a few days (not too long) I was contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was very nice, asked questions about current positions, why I want to leave, etc. Gave me information about the position and let me ask all the questions I had. At the end of the interview I was sent a link to a sales assessment test which I took online.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was in person with three of the national branch managers. They focused more on past sales experience opposed to industry experience. They were very direct in their questions. They want to see confidence and ambition in the interview.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended open house. Applied for open position. Received initial phone interview from company recruiter. Successfully completed 2 online assessments. Held phone interview with 2 branch managers (even though I could have easily attended a personal interview with the Chicago branch manager since I work just blocks away).

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made that much money before? I was asked this when I answered the initial question of "How much money do you need to make in a year?" and my answer was more than $100K.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

They used a list of standard questions similar to interviewing an entry level associate. Uses a STAR format. STAR stands for situation, task, actions and result. It is very important to follow the format and give as much details as possible. If you remember the date and year and the clients name would be even better. The more detail the better. Also emphasize what you do extra to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Give an example you helped a client and uncovered hidden needs   Answer Question

Voice Network Prodtion Support() Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2014.

Interview

I received this internship opportunity via a program called NPower TSC. I conducted the interview on sight and spoke to who would be my supervisor on a Webex, as he was on a work related trip. It was as simple as a video/skype kind of interview could have been.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience from your previous job that was difficult to handle?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Apply online, receive info on taking a personality test if you qualify, if they like your results you will get a short phone interview, then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No matter what, you will be underpaid...

Leadership Prgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

phone interview then site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They just want to know if you can close business. They need closers to sell the in house product. As long as you have your license they'll hire you and promise the world. Ask about the high turnover.

Negotiation

Pay is not competitive

TAS Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

horrible. Too many interviews and Director level interviewers are condescending and rude

Interview Questions

• none - all subjective interviewing so the interviewer never got a chance to know me   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none -- it was a take it or leave it