TD Ameritrade

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2012.

Received a phone call from a recruiter for a brief phone interview that consisted of some basic questions relating to relevant experience. This is a customer service and sales position first so the questions leaned towards experience in customer service roles, previous sales experience, and pretty basic interview questions.
    The next step was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. This was a little more detailed and delved further in to the previous customer service experience. Basic questions about how one would resolve issues with unsatisfied clients, experience in selling/suggesting products to clients, comfort levels with interacting with clients over the phone. The interview was fairly basic for this type of role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out as being unexpected or especially difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. In this economic environment, when you're applying for an entry-level position with a company, salary negotiations are never a part of the equation. Either you take the offer on the table, or you move on.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2012.

Contacted via email by HR told to come in for interview with 3 managers. Later in the day told it was a mistake and a screening phone call would take place a few days later. After the screening phone call I was asked to come in a week later to meet with 3 managers. Showed up early and had to wait for manger to come in around 915. Interview was for 9. Spoke with one manager for 45 mins. Which left little time left to speak with other 2 managers. THey apologized but it was really bad time management by the first manager. I sent a thank you follow up to all parties the day after. A week later I contacted HR asking whether the position was filled. Three months later still no response. I have seen the position again advertised on Linkedin. Very unprofessional HR and managers in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • No question unexpected. What is your biggest strength/weekness? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2012.

After applying for this position I was contacted by their HR Shared Services dept. The email communication went very well and I was given a time slot a few days later to interview with a recruiter. When the recruiter called he sounded very young and inexperienced. He had very little personality and asked me very basic interview questions that did not challenge me one bit. After a few minutes I felt as if I was the recruiter running the interview. I could hear the recruiter typing away on his keyboard and not being very engaged. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, but it felt like an hour. After the interview I sent a thank you email to the HR person that originally contacted me as the recruiter did not provide me with that information. Well as I figured I never heard back from the recruiter.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Applied online through the website. Had a pleasant phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist and was sent a sales aptitude survey via email. I took the survey and four days later received a form email saying that they had hired another candidate. The survey asked a lot of questions about how comfortable you are with making lots of phone calls and if you are comfortable being called a sales person or sales rep as though we should be embarrassed to be in sales. Also asked a couple of ethics questions, etc. I got the impression that they are looking for more aggressive sales types to get the assets and hen move on to the next potential client rather than being a true financial consultant.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Initial communication was great and easy interview. Full scope of role not detailed

non negotiable

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

phone interview, follow by panel interview, and sometimes called back for 1:1
    TD likes the STAR format. Situation, time, action, and resolution. There are many different departments inside TD, but for any sales positions, be prepared to answer about your sales process, how you communicate, and be specific

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to answer specific questions about your sales process   View Answer
    none

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

Only one interview. Managers are very respectful and flexible. Questions were pretty easy. Behavioral Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to say "no" to your boss"   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2012.

The Interview started with a an hour long phone interview. I was then called in the next week for a one on one interview that was scheduled at 9pm at night. I had previously worked with the company as a temp, and exceeded goals, with great job performance. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

New Accounts Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2012.

The first step is to post your resume for the position. Within 24 hours a recruiter will contact you to do a prescreening and interview/review of resume. Upon completion of that you will move onto interviews with typically two managers who will do a similiar interview to the that of the recruiter. Typical interview questions, no curveballs.