TD Ameritrade

2.8

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Applied online through the website. Had a pleasant phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist and was sent a sales aptitude survey via email. I took the survey and four days later received a form email saying that they had hired another candidate. The survey asked a lot of questions about how comfortable you are with making lots of phone calls and if you are comfortable being called a sales person or sales rep as though we should be embarrassed to be in sales. Also asked a couple of ethics questions, etc. I got the impression that they are looking for more aggressive sales types to get the assets and hen move on to the next potential client rather than being a true financial consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Initial communication was great and easy interview. Full scope of role not detailed

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

phone interview, follow by panel interview, and sometimes called back for 1:1
    TD likes the STAR format. Situation, time, action, and resolution. There are many different departments inside TD, but for any sales positions, be prepared to answer about your sales process, how you communicate, and be specific

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to answer specific questions about your sales process   View Answer
    none

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

Only one interview. Managers are very respectful and flexible. Questions were pretty easy. Behavioral Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to say "no" to your boss"   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2012.

The Interview started with a an hour long phone interview. I was then called in the next week for a one on one interview that was scheduled at 9pm at night. I had previously worked with the company as a temp, and exceeded goals, with great job performance. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   View Answer

New Accounts Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2012.

The first step is to post your resume for the position. Within 24 hours a recruiter will contact you to do a prescreening and interview/review of resume. Upon completion of that you will move onto interviews with typically two managers who will do a similiar interview to the that of the recruiter. Typical interview questions, no curveballs.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2011.

Internal application filled out. Scheduled interview with team manager and assistant manager. Questions were not related to my resume. They used the STAR method for all of their questions. Manager and assistant manager rotated asking questions and spent most of the time writing down my answers. Basic questions included:

Give an example of one time when you had to deal with a difficult employee. What did you do and how did they handle it.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had a lot of tasks to do and a deadline to meet.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2011.

I was Contacted on a tuesday by phone to set up a phone interview. On thursday I had a phone interview, they asked standard behavioral questions. Friday I was emailed 3 assesments, and then i set up a panel interview with them the next monday. You meet with two managers who ask you seven "tell me about a time when.." and "what did you do" type questions. I was contacted on wednesday with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2011.

The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Questions
    • If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2011.

got a call from recruiter and discussed position. met with branch manager and then regional manager. accepted offer after 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    The base salary only goes to $55k, take it, and if not offered that much insist you get paid this amount. The bonus structure is limited and changes on an annual basis