TD Ameritrade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Interview

Principal
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2011.

Interview Details – Internal application filled out. Scheduled interview with team manager and assistant manager. Questions were not related to my resume. They used the STAR method for all of their questions. Manager and assistant manager rotated asking questions and spent most of the time writing down my answers. Basic questions included:

Give an example of one time when you had to deal with a difficult employee. What did you do and how did they handle it.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you had a lot of tasks to do and a deadline to meet.   Answer Question

New Accounts Associate Interview

New Accounts Associate
Omaha, NE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first step is to post your resume for the position. Within 24 hours a recruiter will contact you to do a prescreening and interview/review of resume. Upon completion of that you will move onto interviews with typically two managers who will do a similiar interview to the that of the recruiter. Typical interview questions, no curveballs.

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Stamford, CT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2011.

Interview Details – got a call from recruiter and discussed position. met with branch manager and then regional manager. accepted offer after 2nd interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The base salary only goes to $55k, take it, and if not offered that much insist you get paid this amount. The bonus structure is limited and changes on an annual basis

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Fort Worth, TX

The process took 6 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was Contacted on a tuesday by phone to set up a phone interview. On thursday I had a phone interview, they asked standard behavioral questions. Friday I was emailed 3 assesments, and then i set up a panel interview with them the next monday. You meet with two managers who ask you seven "tell me about a time when.." and "what did you do" type questions. I was contacted on wednesday with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2011.

Interview Details – The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Question – If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   View Answer

Interface Interview

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 4 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2011.

Interview Details – Everything went very well. Very good well thought out questions and an honest open question answer session.

Interview Question – Your thoughts on current industry best practices.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Strategy Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2011.

Interview Details – Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.

Interview Question – Biggest Failure?   Answer Question

Senior Client Side Developer Interview

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2008.

Interview Details – There is a technical phone interview first. If you manage to pass this, you will be invited to interview with the team. The onsite interview basically is a group interview there is no 1:1 interview. The group interview can be intimidating and stressful, but if you can get past this, your golden.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for TD Ameritrade a little over a year ago. Was then contacted and asked some basic questions. An interview time was set up. I was called however never called back for a job offer.

Intern Interview

Intern
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2010.

Interview Details – HR Rep called and set a phone interview. After the phone interview the Rep will send an email for you to complete an online personality test and perform a background check. if all goes well, rep then contacts you and sets up an in person interview and then another interview in which you interview in front of a panel.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a company?   Answer Question