TD Ameritrade

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2011.

Internal application filled out. Scheduled interview with team manager and assistant manager. Questions were not related to my resume. They used the STAR method for all of their questions. Manager and assistant manager rotated asking questions and spent most of the time writing down my answers. Basic questions included:

Give an example of one time when you had to deal with a difficult employee. What did you do and how did they handle it.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had a lot of tasks to do and a deadline to meet.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2011.

I was Contacted on a tuesday by phone to set up a phone interview. On thursday I had a phone interview, they asked standard behavioral questions. Friday I was emailed 3 assesments, and then i set up a panel interview with them the next monday. You meet with two managers who ask you seven "tell me about a time when.." and "what did you do" type questions. I was contacted on wednesday with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2011.

The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Questions
    • If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   View Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2011.

got a call from recruiter and discussed position. met with branch manager and then regional manager. accepted offer after 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    The base salary only goes to $55k, take it, and if not offered that much insist you get paid this amount. The bonus structure is limited and changes on an annual basis

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2011.

Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2011.

There was a series of 6 interviews with the team that I was hoping to join, four of which were in person and the other two were over the phone since the managers were not able to be present that day. The interviews were mostly fit and psychological, rather than problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2010.

Applied online, received notification within 1 week. Set up phone interview that led to a personality test. Finally I was asked to interview 1:1.

Retail Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2010.

Got phone interviewed twice, first by HR Rep, and then by the hiring manager. Then was brought on site for 6 back-to-back interviews. There were 3 case interviews and 3 behavioral ones. The whole process took about 4-5 hours and was pretty straight forward. The case interviews were pretty simple, compared to consulting case interviews, and the managers and directors were very helpful. Then they called to schedule 2 more phone interviews with directors of the group. Those were also pretty easy, cultural fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to use a) logic, b) analytical skills, and c) business judgement ===> 3 separate questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2010.

Phone interview conduct by someone who sounded as if they were 15 years old. Questions were deceptive and interview did not last long. Kind of strange considering the fact that I have years of experience and possess all the required licenses. Must be looking for a recent college grad to pay them pennies

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things most people don't know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2010.

HR Rep called and set a phone interview. After the phone interview the Rep will send an email for you to complete an online personality test and perform a background check. if all goes well, rep then contacts you and sets up an in person interview and then another interview in which you interview in front of a panel.