TD Ameritrade Investment Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2012.

phone interview, follow by panel interview, and sometimes called back for 1:1
TD likes the STAR format. Situation, time, action, and resolution. There are many different departments inside TD, but for any sales positions, be prepared to answer about your sales process, how you communicate, and be specific

Interview Questions
  • Prepare to answer specific questions about your sales process   View Answer
none

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Apply online, receive info on taking a personality test if you qualify, if they like your results you will get a short phone interview, then an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    No matter what, you will be underpaid...

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2013.

Initial phone interview with HR manager was followed by a questionnaire to measure your sales aptitude and a phone interview with the hiring manager (Branch Manager). Nearly all the questions were about my background, skills, and experience. Was also asked several times to describe why I was interested in working at this firm and also what attracted me to the role. I was told the role consists of approximately 70% sales and 30% relationship management. It was made very clear that this role does not include any portfolio management responsibilities. The 3rd round interview is with a Branch Manager from a different office and included a 10-minute role play where I was the Investment Consultant and the Branch Manager was acting as an uninterested client that I had to persuade to become interested in the firm's products. There were lots of objections that the candidate is asked to try to overcome.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question dealt with the role play in the 3rd round interview. The Branch Manager, who was acting as the client, was a very difficult customer who had absolutely no interest in learning more about ways the Investment Consultant could introduce additional products and services to the client. He gave many one word answers and was not interested in giving the Investment Consultant any room to expand the conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2013.

One interview with recruiter and two other with managers. Also took a personality assessment. Young staff of energetic managers and co-workers.

Interview Questions

Grass is not always greener. I like my job, work hard but also feel appreciated at TDA!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2012.

Initial communication was great and easy interview. Full scope of role not detailed

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Met with branch manager, then regional manger. Needed to sell myself just like any other interview. Provided them with a rundown of resume and reasons for leaving current position and why I was interested in the role at TD.

Interview Questions
    straight up base, no negotiation on base and bonus structure. 55k was highest base at the time and bonus changed every year from national

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2013.

Met with Branch Manager for about 1.5 hours. Came back and met with two Investment Consultants for like 30 minutes then talked to the Branch Manager for another 15-20 minutes. Offer received within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play - How would you sell to a client looking for information   Answer Question

Was not a fan of how pushy they were for me to accept their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

Phone discussion, meeting branch manager, meeting regional manager, phone interviews with other managers. Took way too long and was repetitive. For this type of job, that degree of scrutiny is totally unnecessary and a waste of potential employees time.

Interview Questions
    • Improper focus of questions that were irrelevant to job function   View Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Hiring manager was not very interested in my background, just wanted to know if I could make lots of calls to existing TD clients everyday. Told me it was easy gig and I could leave at 2pm if I hit my goals. This turned out to be untrue. Also, had phone interviews with Regional Mgr., who talked most if the time and told me how easy it was to make $100k. Also, turned out to be untrue.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2011.

got a call from recruiter and discussed position. met with branch manager and then regional manager. accepted offer after 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    The base salary only goes to $55k, take it, and if not offered that much insist you get paid this amount. The bonus structure is limited and changes on an annual basis

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!