TD Ameritrade

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.8

Investor Services Interview

Applied online through the company website. A month or so later I received an email to do a phone interview. Then a week after that I did an interview in person received an offer the following week. The hiring process is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • Know the 5 company values before they ask you about them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Investor Services Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

There was none

Investor Services Interview

Once I submitted my application, I received a phone call about five days later. The phone interview was basic information about myself, where I hear about the position, And why I wanted it. After about a week later I was contacted to do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very generic and straightforward.Just make sure to do your research about the company and be ready to answer why you want to work at TD Ameritrade.   Answer Question
    Since this was an internship position, there was not much room for any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview process consisted of two different interviews. The first being a phone interview with an HR rep which was pretty standard and more behaviorally based. The second was an interview with one of the team managers which was more intensive than the initial interview, yet still pretty standard. They preformed a background check from HireRight, which was honestly the most difficult aspect of the hiring process as the HireRight representatives that I dealt with were entirely incompetent. Background check was the longest portion of the process, taking over two weeks and including more effort than the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were largely behavioral, so no question was truly "unexpected." They were curious to how you react in certain situations and what type of tasks you prefer. Felt like most of the process was personality based, seeing if you would be a good fit personality-wise within the department you are wanting to work in. Some roles have clearly defined personality sets that are expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2012.

Received a phone call from a recruiter for a brief phone interview that consisted of some basic questions relating to relevant experience. This is a customer service and sales position first so the questions leaned towards experience in customer service roles, previous sales experience, and pretty basic interview questions.
    The next step was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. This was a little more detailed and delved further in to the previous customer service experience. Basic questions about how one would resolve issues with unsatisfied clients, experience in selling/suggesting products to clients, comfort levels with interacting with clients over the phone. The interview was fairly basic for this type of role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out as being unexpected or especially difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. In this economic environment, when you're applying for an entry-level position with a company, salary negotiations are never a part of the equation. Either you take the offer on the table, or you move on.