TD Ameritrade Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Practice Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with 2 employees from the company. It was very straightforward and easy. They asked mostly questions about my background and resume. They also asked what I knew about the company and why I would be interested in joining their team. Interview went well, but they removed the program shortly after.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

Leadership Prgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

phone interview then site

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They just want to know if you can close business. They need closers to sell the in house product. As long as you have your license they'll hire you and promise the world. Ask about the high turnover.

Negotiation

Pay is not competitive

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews. First one very general with hr team member. Next is with a finance manager with more questions about background/past and then some basic math questions to test you. 3rd interview with another finance manager and it is a very straight forward business/logic case.

Interview Questions

• A glass bottle full of liquid weighs 100 ounces. If you remove half the liquid, the bottle now weighs 60 ounces. How much does the bottle weigh with nothing in it?   4 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted via email by HR told to come in for interview with 3 managers. Later in the day told it was a mistake and a screening phone call would take place a few days later. After the screening phone call I was asked to come in a week later to meet with 3 managers. Showed up early and had to wait for manger to come in around 915. Interview was for 9. Spoke with one manager for 45 mins. Which left little time left to speak with other 2 managers. THey apologized but it was really bad time management by the first manager. I sent a thank you follow up to all parties the day after. A week later I contacted HR asking whether the position was filled. Three months later still no response. I have seen the position again advertised on Linkedin. Very unprofessional HR and managers in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• No question unexpected. What is your biggest strength/weekness? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was instructed to complete a SalesKey questionnaire online, rushed through it while standing at the airport on my way to another interview. The company believes in SalesKey religiously. Had an in-person interview with the branch manager, which was very conversational, he seemed to really like me, and he had me meet a second manager at a different location, as it was explained to me that more than one manager has to interview a candidate. The following week, I was contacted by recruiting, and asked to fill out the application and consent forms to check the CRD and run a background check. One week later, had a second in-person interview with another manager at a different branch, both managers were very conversational. Few days later, I was called by the branch manager to come by the branch, and I went early the next morning to see him, and he congratulated me on becoming part of the team, told me to expect a call from the recruiter with an offer that day. Received a call from the recruiter later in the day. 55k Base was the max at the time, and they wouldn't budge. They also pay a draw which amounts to 16k per year, and it is paid out in the bi-weekly paychecks. When you get paid the quarterly bonus, the 4k that you were paid for the 12 week period is deducted from your bonus. They have paid 60-65k since that time, depending on the mood of the company and the time of the year. Bases range from 55-65, however anything over 60k is very very rare. When you start working, the background check has yet to be completed. Company was a bit backward that they hire people prior to completing the background checks. HR emailed a few times asking for documentation and that was quickly completed. Overall the interview process wasn't bad. Company is ok, not my top pick

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Questions

• If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.