TD Ameritrade Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

Leadership Prgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

phone interview then site

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They just want to know if you can close business. They need closers to sell the in house product. As long as you have your license they'll hire you and promise the world. Ask about the high turnover.

Negotiation

Pay is not competitive

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews. First one very general with hr team member. Next is with a finance manager with more questions about background/past and then some basic math questions to test you. 3rd interview with another finance manager and it is a very straight forward business/logic case.

Interview Questions

• A glass bottle full of liquid weighs 100 ounces. If you remove half the liquid, the bottle now weighs 60 ounces. How much does the bottle weigh with nothing in it?   4 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted via email by HR told to come in for interview with 3 managers. Later in the day told it was a mistake and a screening phone call would take place a few days later. After the screening phone call I was asked to come in a week later to meet with 3 managers. Showed up early and had to wait for manger to come in around 915. Interview was for 9. Spoke with one manager for 45 mins. Which left little time left to speak with other 2 managers. THey apologized but it was really bad time management by the first manager. I sent a thank you follow up to all parties the day after. A week later I contacted HR asking whether the position was filled. Three months later still no response. I have seen the position again advertised on Linkedin. Very unprofessional HR and managers in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• No question unexpected. What is your biggest strength/weekness? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Questions

• If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a series of 6 interviews with the team that I was hoping to join, four of which were in person and the other two were over the phone since the managers were not able to be present that day. The interviews were mostly fit and psychological, rather than problem solving.

Retail Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Got phone interviewed twice, first by HR Rep, and then by the hiring manager. Then was brought on site for 6 back-to-back interviews. There were 3 case interviews and 3 behavioral ones. The whole process took about 4-5 hours and was pretty straight forward. The case interviews were pretty simple, compared to consulting case interviews, and the managers and directors were very helpful. Then they called to schedule 2 more phone interviews with directors of the group. Those were also pretty easy, cultural fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to use a) logic, b) analytical skills, and c) business judgement ===> 3 separate questions   Answer Question