TD Ameritrade Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 14, 2014

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Prgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

phone interview then site

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2013.

3 rounds of phone interviews. First one very general with hr team member. Next is with a finance manager with more questions about background/past and then some basic math questions to test you. 3rd interview with another finance manager and it is a very straight forward business/logic case.

Interview Questions
    • A glass bottle full of liquid weighs 100 ounces. If you remove half the liquid, the bottle now weighs 60 ounces. How much does the bottle weigh with nothing in it?   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2012.

Contacted via email by HR told to come in for interview with 3 managers. Later in the day told it was a mistake and a screening phone call would take place a few days later. After the screening phone call I was asked to come in a week later to meet with 3 managers. Showed up early and had to wait for manger to come in around 915. Interview was for 9. Spoke with one manager for 45 mins. Which left little time left to speak with other 2 managers. THey apologized but it was really bad time management by the first manager. I sent a thank you follow up to all parties the day after. A week later I contacted HR asking whether the position was filled. Three months later still no response. I have seen the position again advertised on Linkedin. Very unprofessional HR and managers in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • No question unexpected. What is your biggest strength/weekness? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2011.

The HR person talked over phone on a Friday and had telephonic technical interview for half an hour the Tuesday after that. Called for a face to face interview to the Jersey City the next week. After I went there they asked me about my salary expectations and the HR person got disappointed and they conducted a name sake interview for 1.30 hours by three persons each 30 minutes . It was a total disappointment and after I paid for air ticket. It seems there was communication between the HR Department at Nebraska and Jersey City office.

Interview Questions
    • If you pass null object to a method like simpleMethod(null) what would happen. simpleMethod is overridden like simpleMethod(String str) and simpleMethod(Date d)   View Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2011.

Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 4 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2011.

Everything went very well. Very good well thought out questions and an honest open question answer session.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2011.

There was a series of 6 interviews with the team that I was hoping to join, four of which were in person and the other two were over the phone since the managers were not able to be present that day. The interviews were mostly fit and psychological, rather than problem solving.

Retail Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2010.

Got phone interviewed twice, first by HR Rep, and then by the hiring manager. Then was brought on site for 6 back-to-back interviews. There were 3 case interviews and 3 behavioral ones. The whole process took about 4-5 hours and was pretty straight forward. The case interviews were pretty simple, compared to consulting case interviews, and the managers and directors were very helpful. Then they called to schedule 2 more phone interviews with directors of the group. Those were also pretty easy, cultural fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to use a) logic, b) analytical skills, and c) business judgement ===> 3 separate questions   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2010.

Phone interview then 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult area of the sales process?   Answer Question

Not the right fit. Compensation was not a fit

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!