TD Ameritrade Senior Manager Interview Questions

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

I was referred for consideration by a friend of a friend. The first interview with the individual currently in the role and the hiring manager was extremely cordial and proceeded to next steps. The next set of meetings were with the HR generalist and the hiring manger's boss, an MD, each scheduled for 30 minutes. Things seemed to go well with the generalist but the MD appeared to be unavailable. After 10 minutes, the Generalist made contact and brought me to that individual's office. Upon arrival this person was obviously agitated and explained that he had a hard stop at the hour: he was having child care issues. I had been concerned with only having 30 minutes as per the original schedule and this time had now been trimmed to 15. Throughout, the interviewer was distracted, detached and visibly annoyed. In any other environment I would have recommended that we reconvene at a better time but this didn't seem like a good idea. I was so concerned with the tone of the meeting that I emailed the person who referred me to let him know that there was no way I would be proceeding and thanked him for his help.

Everyone has a bad day so I brushed the issue off as "stuff happens". I was very surprised to be called back for what was initially to be 2 more 30 minute meetings. The morning of the scheduled date I was informed that only 1 meeting would take place. Upon arrival, the individual I was scheduled to meet with was unavailable. When he was found, it turned out he was "triple booked" but we could "chat". I got the impression that this individual had not reviewed my credentials at all and I came away thinking that nothing we discussed could possibly support a hire/don't hire decision.

I was called the next day to be notified that I would not be getting an offer. What annoyed me was I am convinced that the last meeting was simply to cover the MD, whose complete disregard for me as a candidate still leaves a bad impression. I strive to provide substantial latitude when my directs are looking to hire someone. Without that autonomy what is the point of empowering subordinates? I would be cautious in dealing with TDA in that it appears that the most senior manager has the most weight in executing hiring decisions.

Interview Questions
  • My wife works and our nanny needs to leave early, so I have to leave at 5.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2009.

The process was very lengthy and strenuous.

Having to fly to Ft. Worth and Omaha from Chicago to meet with upper management, and then waiting two weeks for an offer. Once the offer was accepted they expected you to drop everything and start immediately. If you were unable to start immediately the offer was pulled

Interview Questions

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!