TD Ameritrade

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

1. Phone interview with HR, very impressive recruiting process, keeps you in touch etc. This phone screen lasted 45 minutes. No technical phone screening by the hiring manager.

2. Then the 1 hr. interview in person with 4 people, they were able to squeeze a lot of questions in that hour, so that was impressive.

3. The team was very well knit, exceptionally cordial, and I could see the team work environment. But the rigorous skills in the team were abysmal, I mean one of the worst I have ever seen (well, I have interviewed and worked with some Wall street type firms, so take that into consideration), and not a single decent question came up, and basically whatever questions they had, I answered every question, and if I have to I guess, I think I had more education than the 4 people combined who interviewed me had and I am not exaggerating, and also I have as much experience as the boss of the hiring manager, I could read between the lines and they felt a lack of common ground between me and them.

4. I knew I was not going to be the best fit, but I was still interested since this is a good company, and with a great vibe and a very positive work environment. I saw everyone there was very happy and enjoying their work, and while I was not too impressed with the interview content itself, they more than made up for it in their professionalism and how they conduct business and I give them a thumbs up even though no offer :)

I wish them well.