TD Bank Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

they asked all the normal banking questions, they will ask behavioral questions to see what your experience level is. it is not too bad as long as you know your stuff

Interview Questions

• they were all behavior questions, they ask about the hours a lot of the time   1 Answer

Negotiation

they set the level of pay

Other Interview Reviews for TD Bank

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was very proactive and open about what they were looking for and I seemed like a good fit. Manage my expectations and kept me in the loop throughout process. After dealing with many recruiters over the years, I must say this was my best experience so far.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I lacked management experience but had the business development experience they were looking for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Oceanside, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application. Contacted by HR about a week after. I was informed that they do not hire managers from the outside. They offer me a lower position with the idea of a possible promotion. I did not accepted. After 2 more weeks a different HR rep. contacted me to set an interview with a manager from a different branch. I was confused by the change of heart, however after the interview waited about 2 weeks until they contact me to set a new interview with area manager. The day they call me to set the interview I was not available. I returned the call after a few hours and no answer. The next day when I contacted them, the HR rep. who previously left a message to set the interview - claimed that he could not set a day yet. A few days after that I received a general email that I was not considered for the position. Lack of professionalism from their HR department.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position of assistant branch manager on Sunday evening online. I was called Monday morning by 10 am by a human resources department. I had a five minute phone interview with her about what days I am available, locations, why I want to work for TD, and other basic questions. I was told to come in on Wednesday for an interview. It was an event they were having where multiple people from HR would be there as well as branch managers and sales managers. I showed up fifteen minutes, as was requested from the assistant, and was quickly placed in a room of twenty candidates for all different positions. After nearly two hours of waiting, I was able to meet one branch manager. Everyone else who I was supposed to be interviewing with as well, had a meeting. I spoke with him for about ten minutes and knew within one I was not going to be working for TD. The first question he asked me was what position I was applying for. I responded and he said "really?" I was asked a few questions about service issues I have dealt with, experience leading tellers, sales referrals, compliance, but he always came back to dealing with human resources, which I admitted to having no experience with. He also told me in the interview that I didn't really understand the position that I was applying for. So I asked him to explain, to make sure that we were on the same page. After his explaination it was pretty clear I knew what I was applying for. I left the interview with him saying that someone will get back to me by Friday, with a yes or no. It's been at least three weeks and I haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult service issue you have dealt with?   1 Answer
    • How would you lead or motivate tellers to make sales referrals?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

TD Bank will hire easily from other banks because they are growing and need to staff. My perception is that they want to get you in and will pay you more to make that happen. They have a different approach to banking in the sense that they are very focused on customer service and developing relationships with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a insubordination issue with an employee?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer complaint with a customer?   Answer Question