TD Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Applied online and received a phone interview two days later. The HR recruiter asked basic questions. A few days later, I came in for an interview with the Head Teller and Assistant Manager. The questions very straightforward and mainly focused on behavior in particular scenarios.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Job( part time) the week of 4th of July 2015 and within a week i was called and asked to come in for an interview the following monday. I was also told that i should prepare to be there for 4-5 hrs. When i arrived at the interview(8:45 a.m) it was about 30+ other applicants. We were all placed in a huge conference room and we were then called one by one to meet and interview with various branch managers. I had 1 interview while others had 3-4. I stayed until 11a.m. The interview went very well, i was a relaxed atmosphere. Major focus was on delivering exceptional customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why TD bank, especially since banking is not you college major?( i am a full time college student)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Somerville, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point...great experience. The manager made me feel very comfortable we laughed and discussed their availability, training required and locations where the training would take place and the ones I would be required to attend. I was introduced to the head teller and she asked me a few questions about my previous employment nothing much but like I said great experience.

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you...   1 Answer

Relocated

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and waited about a week before getting the first call from HR and did a phone interview. She asked questions about why you wanted to work for TD and what about banking that appeals to you and talked a bit about pay. Then she will schedule you for a face-to-face interview with the store manager where you applied. I was interview by two different managers, one from the store I applied to and on from another branch. After the interview, I get a call from the same HR telling me about what to go about next in the hiring process, so I am assuming that i got hired. I then did the fingerprinting and background checks.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Very unprofessional. The manager showed up 45 minutes late to my interview. He told me to contact him via email in a week. I emailed him and have yet to receive any response.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Face-to-face interview in branch location, Was told I would get a response whether I got the job or not, but I received nothing. And I was told multiple times during the interview that they basically already had made a decision before my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Annandale, VA).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. Got a phone call asking about some few basic questions (why do you want to work here). If you pass that, HR asks you to go meet the store manager. Got an offer within a week after interview.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR, and they set me up with one bank. They gave me a courtesy interview, but said i should interview with another branch. Interviewed with a different branch (manager, assistant manager, and head teller) and was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank (Union, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening first. And was then given options on what location was best for me to interview at. I didn't get the job so the HR lady sent me to two more branches and I got hired the last location.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a bank teller? (They want you to know that this is a selling position. Have you handled cash before. And they ask you situation questions. Give an example of a situation where you had a difficult customer. And how would you comfort customers if you had a long line ahead of you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary but they offered something reasonable.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First a phone call interview. Than about 4 days later a face to face interview is scheduled I had to go out to the location where I would be working and interview with the Vice President of that branch along with the store manager

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current job   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer
    • What customer service skills you have that are considered above and beyond   Answer Question