TD Bank Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then 2 weeks later I got a phone call from HR. We talked for about 15 min and then she faxed me information to the branch manager. I got a call from the branch manager 10 min after scheduling an interview. The interview took about 30 min and I interviewed with the branch manager and the head CSR. I'm waiting to hear back about their decision.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you WOWed a customer in your previous job?
      Did you have sales goals in your previous job?

Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online through the company website and a few days later I was contacted by an HR representative. She basically screen through all the candidates before recommending them to the managers. She asked about what I do, where I went to school and if I had any cash handling experience. She also asked me why I chose TD Bank. Once she thought I was a qualified candidate she told me that she would tell the manager at the store that I am interested in the teller position. Later that day I received a call from the manager who asked to set up the interview. The interview was pretty easy, mainly behavioral questions. You can tell they really want to know what type of personality you have. A week later I received a call from the same HR representative saying the manager wanted to make and offer. I accepted the offer. Once I accepted you have to go through a lot of training and security clearance. They have you fingerprinted and credit checked. The teller training was three days at a "TD University", as well as many online course modules that you do in store. Once you complete all the required training you are then able to be on the floor and work. The whole process took a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

CAR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Bank (Dover, NH) in June 2012.

Interview

Really easy going. Drug test and criminal background check needed

Interview Questions

• How would you handle angry customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Thre was none just an offer for pay rate and hours

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked me non technical questions about the way I think and the what I think it takes to do well in the business world

Head Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Framingham, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I applied online, then had a person from HR called me and did a brief interview over the phone. She set up an appt. with the local store and manager to do the interview. Went to the interview and they said they would call me back since they had other people to interview. They called me within a week and asked me if i wanted the job and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult situation or request that I had with a customer and how did I deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You only get to negotiate once with HR as an external candidate but after you are hired there is no more negotiating. I only got 50 cents more per hour when i negotiated but then again I was low on the totem pole.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

The man who interviewed me in Boston mostly talked about himself and how he got to his position so I just showed enthusiasm for that and it really helped. He started the interview by asking me to tell him a joke- which was definitely odd. Overall it was really easy because every time I answered a question he turned it back to himself! After working here for a while I am pretty sure thats how most interviews go because I have seen some questionable people walk in and out of these doors! Good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

TD Bank will hire easily from other banks because they are growing and need to staff. My perception is that they want to get you in and will pay you more to make that happen. They have a different approach to banking in the sense that they are very focused on customer service and developing relationships with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a insubordination issue with an employee?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer complaint with a customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank (Needham, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

They called me over the phone and scheduled 1:1 interview. Only one interview was enough and few days later I got the offer over the phone again. Just be honest, banking is not so hard. More of the people there don't even have BS( Branches I mean, probably it is different in back office).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but it is an option

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank (Burlington, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

It was very lengthy and drawn out. However the process has been revamped & streamlined since I was hired over 3 yrs ago/

Interview Questions

• I did not encounter anything too difficult or unexpected. I did have the standard, "where do you see yourself in 5 years question". I never know why this one is so reoccurring with new employers. There is a real fear of turnover I suppose.   Answer Question

Annual salary was too low the first time. It took them 60 days to come back around.