TD Bank

137 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – First found out about the job through someone who worked at the bank.
For the application itself, everything is submitted online through the company website.
Didn't hear back from them for quite a long time... Maybe a month?
Anyway, the first time they contacted me was through a phone call to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, they ask about scheduling availability and locations you're able to work at, why you want to work at TD, what your career goals are etc.. There are some questions asking about how you've dealt with certain situations in the past etc., basically questions to test how good fit you'd be for the role etc. Oh, they also briefly tell you about the required training (where it is, how long it takes etc.)
Shortly after that, I had to do a quiz of sorts online? You're required to answer questions like on a scale of 1-5, how much does a word (like a personality trait for example) apply to you etc..

Interview Question – Not too bad really. Pretty basic questions about what you've done when faced with challenges etc. Just questions that are supposed to test how you act in different situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by TD recruitment about a month and a half later for a basic phone screening and to set up an in person interview. First interview was postponed the day of the interview (the hiring manager could not come in). The second interview was a no-show fro the hiring manager. I left 2 voicemails with the hiring manager, 1 voicemail with the TD recruiter who set up the interview and sent en email to that recruiter detailing the situation, but using a professional tone explaining what happened and leaving room for an explanation. No response whatsoever from anyone. Left a really bad impression about the company and the people involved...

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing was that nobody showed up...   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview Details – Strategic view to audit in the most efficient way

Interview Question – How to improve staff morale which is not great   Answer Question

Credit Card Specialist Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Around 4 weeks later, I got a call from TD for phone interview arrangement and online assessment. Phone interview the next day.online assessment has two parts. The first one is call center simulation. Remember to focus on what the client says, because he won't repeat. You need to catch the points immediately. Part two tests your personality. There are a lot of questions. Be patient and consistent.
Phone interview focus on your past experience and sales ability.

Interview Question – Nearly all the questions can be found here. One is 'what's the difference of customer service between face to face and through phone'.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – made me answer an online survey and one, one on one interview

Interview Question – Is there any reason why we shouldn't hire you   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Met hr manager by attending her workshop session with an immigrant serving agency.

Interview Question – What makes you think you are on top of the other candidates?   View Answer

Small Business Manager Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One causal face to face meeting with the area recruiter and one panel interview with 4 TD branch managers.

Interview Question – they asked do I believe in insurance I was asked to explain why in detail and tried to sell them an insurance product.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at TD Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – One step test of tech knowledge

Interview Question – not much only about technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing it depends on individual situation

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Recruiters came to campus, we had the chance to network with them. The first interview was behavioral, then I was asked to fill out an online questionnaire and then another mostly behavioral interview with three bank managers at their regional office. The whole process was pretty smooth and the HR reps are very responsive to emails if you have questions.

Interview Question – If we asked you to analyze a set of financial statements, what would you do?   View Answer

Senior Process Analyst Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by hiring manager about contract opportunity. Worked with hiring manager previously at another organization. Was highly recommended by hiring manager to program manager. Had informal interview with hiring manager on the phone, since I had prior work experience with them. In-person interview with program manager on past experience, work approach and accomplishments.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic and there was nothing out of the ordinary. As a contractor, I've had many interviews, so I am pretty seasoned at answering even the more difficult ones.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked what the TD rate was to ensure it was competitive, as I was leaving a previous contract 4 weeks early. Negotiated for higher rate to compensate for expected extra hours of work and also to entice me to leave previous contract a bit early. There was no recruiter representing me, so that helped with the negotiation, only a recruiting company who processed the background check, contract and payroll. I really lucked out compared to many other contractors, as I later learned from a few recruiters that TD tends to pay the lowest amongst all major Canadian banks.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank interview questions and advice in Canada. All 137 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.