TD Bank

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – 1st with HR then with a group interview with the brand manager, brand assistant manager, and the head teller. Overall took almost a month + drug test and paperwork.

Interview Question – How long do you think you will stay in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You either take the offer or other 20ppl. who want this job gonna take it :)

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Saturday morning, got a call back Monday. Interviewed same week with recruiter and following week with assistent store manager and branch manager. Upon accepting offer from recruiter, a drug test must be competed within 48 hours. Total process about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Coming from banking previosualy with a similar background, the interview was very easy. Focus on valuing customer needs and listening attentively on the customer so you can make the best product recommendation. Customer service driven enviroment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took a pay cut of a $1.37 because the recruiter said she "could not mach the offer."

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details – Was not long process. I walked in a big branch that had on site hr rep and introduced myself. She called me for phone interview two days later then had the branch interview in a week. Took my fingerprints on the following week then was hired.

Interview Question – None. All of them were expected honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Meet HR and then meet store manager. Easy interview process as long as you walk in with confidence and prepared. Questions are just based on why you would like to work for the company and what do you know about the company.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I am already grateful to obtain an offer being unemployed

South Belmar, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – phone interview, then face to face interview with store manager, later meeting with HR to discuss your pay

Interview Question – typical interview style. STAR format. Tell me about yourself, past work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, increase the offer upto 10%, it might work

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – The process was pretty fast.

Interview Question – All of the questions and process was common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got 1.50$ more than average, nothing big.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – First contact was via phone, asked simple questions about: previous employer, why I left, my banking experience, and how much I wanted to get paid. After that a in person group interview with one hiring manager asked simple question about education, what type of position I was looking for etc, then an In-store interview with: Branch Manager, Assisted Branch Manager, and head Teller. I was asked some STAR questions and about my previous banking experience. Hint> you have to be okay with working on the weekend to work at TD.

Negotiation Details – The jobs pay is pretty basic you don't have make room unless you have years of banking experience. Don't expect to get paid more then $16.10 as a CSR.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – One interview, it was very professional. They answered all my questions and clearly explained career path choices.

Interview Question – None really except, where do you see yourself in 5 years? This was hard to answer because I am just entering the banking industry and not sure of my direction or niche yet.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at TD Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had the interview but didnt get hired

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for a phone interview-then sent to a pre-interview with an HR specialist. She advised that the job paid 12.12 an hour and I would be expected to work nights, weekends, holidays. I was then set up with an interview at a local branch.

Interview Questions

• The branch manager asked me-"How do you handle negative criticism?"   Answer Question
  • I was told after the fact that the management team thought I was over- qualified   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not get the job at the branch closest to my home but was offered a position at another store, which I accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.