TD Bank Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank.

Was flown to the interview in NJ. Company wanted me to make the 7 hour drive so they could save money. Interviewed with a couple managers who I don't think had very much interviewing experience. One was rigid but was more well liked of the two. The other one was abrupt and I could tell right away that I didn't want to work for him. The questions were rather easy, nothing too technical. Lasted about an hour or so. One left to make a business phone call. The rude one stayed and immediately wanted to discuss salary. Told him I needed to better understand the responsibilities of the role. Tried pressing me again for a dollar figure but I stood firm and didn't respond. Overall was an ok experience. The offer was very low considering the high rent area and that it was a VP level position. It was so low that it was almost an insult. Company knew I would have to relocate and was reluctant to offer any relocation assistance. In the end I was offered about half of what I would have to pay out of pocket to move even on a shoestring budget. I did not negotiate the salary or benefits. The offer and what I had in mind were way too far apart. So I thanked the company for the offer but that I would no longer pursue the opportunity because I had other things in the works. I did not elaborate but obviously my explanation was not good enough. They pressed me for more reasons why I wasn't accepting. My answer remained vague. Ended up speaking with a senior manager at the company later on and was chastised for being "unprofessional". That experience further validated my decision to reject their offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a story to help convince me that I should hire you?   View Answer

Offer was well below market compared to other banks operating within the NYC/NJ market. I would be giving up more than I'd be getting.

Other Interview Reviews for TD Bank

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Bank.

Quick 20 minutes call interview, asking me for the solution for the current situation in the department.

Interview Questions
    • Just ask me for the solution, without involving any normal interview questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

The process was very quick, I had a 30 minutes interview and and the next day I received a positive answer.
    I saw immidiately how great is the work culture and environment.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in February 2008.

wrote a test to complete technical (finance and IT questions); then answered a series of behavior questions; and then talked to a group of people for a combination of technical and personality questions; got an offer in 30 days.