TD Bank Financial Group Interview Questions

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in June 2010.

After 2 phone interviews with HR / recruiters, I waited quite some time to be contacted. I was told that since this was a newly-created position, there was no strict time line for hiring. After an in-person interview with the hiring manager, I was invited to a final panel interview with the hiring manager, some associates, and someone from HR. It was a relaxed interview, but with somewhat difficult questions / experience type scenarios. It went well, but another individual with more experience was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some situations in which you encountered problems or hurdles in project management, and how you managed those situations.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

1st round, 2nd round (super day) the usual. Be prepared for technicals, if you are not prepared for these you will not get hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in March 2013.

3 Rounds of interviews first by phone, second in branch and 2 weeks later job offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to deal with an un-happy customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in June 2012.

The recruiter called me on a Monday evening and asked me several question to find me the right position. He offered me a one on one interview with the manager on Wednesday and by Friday evening was calling to offer me the position....Very quick process.

Interview Questions
    • If a teller was having a hard time explaining a product to customer, how would you step in to take over with explanation.   View Answer
    • How would current or past management explain your qualities.   View Answer
    They originally called to offer me part time, I stated I needed full time. They found a position that fit my qualification and close to home. The original salary was ok but when they call me with finally offer the salary was much better then I expected.

Financial Services Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in April 2011.

I applied online, after a couple of days I've got an email with a link for a personality test. The personality test was easy, but long. Than I've got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview mostly consisted of behavioural questions and previous experience.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in March 2011.

phone interview ,reviewed my backgroud

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in February 2011.

Received a call from the recruiter, set the date and time, asked a couple of technical questions and like 4 behavioral questions like: Tell me about a problem in the past that involved a team and how did you handled it. and the other one I can remember: Tell me about a serious problem you faced in the past regarding a task or a project and how did you handle it.
    Honestly i had to made it up at that moment but it went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a serious problem you faced in the past regarding a task or a project and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salaries are already established.

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in July 2010.

Telephone interview lasted about 15 min. & was not prepared for it-was standing in a Safeway so we just did the interview right then and there. She asked me several questions, one of which was can i recollect an exceptional customer service moment.

Interview Questions
    • Try to recollect a past "best" customer service moment you had in your previous job?   View Answer

Product Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in July 2010.

The Hiring Manager (Sr Project Manager) directly contacted me and scheduled the interview. She and one more Sr Manager took the interview. She was the only one talking, she came directly on questions- give an example of a complex project you managed. She asked me to repeat lot of information as she wanted to note down the nature of business complexity and the technical complexity, size of the team, budget and why I thought the project was complex. Then she asked me an example where I faced a challenge and how I dealt with that. Also if the same challenge comes in this position, how would I handle that. Other questions were around the details of the team managed, how many were directly reporting, an average budget and size of team etc etc. Then the routine questions, what others think of you, your strengths and weaknesses. I knew that they are looking for somebody with more (more than 5 yrs) experienceand someone who has handled large projects (more than 12M). I personally did not like the attitude and unfriendliness of the hiring manager. She did not made me feel respected. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Bank Financial Group in May 2010.

One phone interview with Senior Manager based in Maine

Easy. I stated my price, she accepted.