TD Bank

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online to multiple CSR and FSR positions. Waited 3 weeks, from initial application, to hear from the HR rep. They asked me general questions about my interest in the position/company, what I knew about the job, and asked me salary requirements. I was then given a personality trait test online. After the results were submitted, I was contacted again by the recruiter and we scheduled an interview with the store manager within the next 2 days.
The interview with the store manager included introducing myself to the store employees and a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. Questions revolved around prior work experiences and how my skills would transfer to the FSR position. The manager gave information about the expectations of the FSR and their role within the team. I was asked for my salary requirements and my availability.
The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the FSMM, which would be the following day. The interview questions revolved around my experiences and what is expected of the FSR within the branch.
After the call I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The interview included more challenging questions and questions about past work experiences. Was told by the regional manager that the team (recruiter, store manager, FSMM, and regional manager) would be making a decision over the next week and would let me know either way if I was going to move forward or not.
After 5 days I received a call from the recruiter and was offered the job and began the on-boarding process.

Overall the interview process was good. Everyone I met or had spoken to was very professional and friendly. The interview process will definitely weed out anybody who isn't serious about the job, or anyone who would not be a great fit for the position/company.
The time between initial application to first contact is very spaced out. If you were applying to other jobs, you may have gotten interviews or job offers before TD had even made first contact. Also between the recruiter and all the members of management that you have to meet with, there is a lot of back and fourth communication. I would recommend keeping your phone on you at all times.

Interview Question – In your prior job in sales, where you worked independently to achieve your goals, and now transitioning into a team orientated environment; How will you adapt to the new environment to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary or any benefits.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Lansdale, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Met with store manager and assistant store manager. They asked several standard questions but basically asked why I chose this company and this position. I felt I answered the questions well and left with a positive feeling.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Back in 2011 when I was hired was alittle crazy. I was contacted by the manager of the store directly, and went in for an interview the next day. I was hired on the spot and told I need to complete a drug test, as well as consent to a background / credit check (Expected). Once I completed these tasks, I heard nothing from TD for almost 3 weeks. I had no idea who to call, the manager who interviewed me was on a months vacation. Eventually HR called me and had asked if I had started yet, I told them "No" and this was quickly rectified.

Interview Question – I was asked to discuss difficult customer confrontations, explain how I've dealt with customer problems in the past etc. For the FSR position I was asked a few questions related to my sales techniques, my team building skills, and conflict resolution skills.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are external, always ask for much more than you really want. See what glass door salaries are for that position and expect it. They will probably knock you down some, but you'll still get more than you really wanted!

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received response from my on-line application with scheduled telephone interview. Tele interview was straight-forward. Subsequent in-person meeting set-up with a Todd Long at the corner of Walton & Township Line Rds. in Plymouth Meeting, PA Nice enough fellow, but really only asked me one question....which, I knew was a bad sign. I pushed ahead nonetheless with several pertinent questions, and Mr. Long was polite enough with the requisite "that is a good question".
In short, I filled out a form that included my DOB, at the site. Since I am 50 I knew that it was age discrimination, and that they wouldn't hire me...and I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – You will meet with someone in HR, the store manager of the branch you are applying for and possibly the assistant store manager, and then the Financial Representative Regional Manager. They want a sales driven person, this job is all about sales.

Interview Question – Sell me something... Hard to do on the spot in an interview unless you have some experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't recommend this position unless you are willing to focus on sales.

Very Easy Interview

Greenfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Three interview process. First is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then you will have an interview with the FSMM and RMM. Then if that goes well you will have an interview with your store's manager and the RMM. If you get hired you will be called by the store manager and told.

Interview Question – Name one occasion where you had to rely on your employees to accomplish your goals and how did you reward them for helping.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got my first call from the local HR office the morning after submitting my resume. We scheduled the first in-person interview that week. It was a one-on-one with the HR manager for the region, essentially just low-level qualifying questions (i.e. making sure I knew exactly what the job was). About two hours after that interview the Branch Manager from the location in question gave me a call to set up the next in-person interview. It was a panel interview with the Manager, Asst. Manager, and Supervisor. However, the managers have a lot of leighway on this part of the process and it differs store to store. Next, I had a phone interview with the Financial Services Manager for the region, mainly covering job-specifics and making sure I was up to the challenge.

Interview Question – You're expected to be very comfortable speaking out in the open, so they had me actually go out into the lobby and greet customers and spark up basic conversations with them. This was an on-the-spot decision to do and not part of the standard interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With no prior experience in the banking industry, I didn't have any wiggle room and didn't even attempt to negotiate. The offer was via phone from the HR rep that conducted the very first interview.

Shelton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview starts with a phone call. You answer some basic questions and are then asked to have a face to face interview. The face to face interview consists of behavioral questions and situational questions. They also ask you about your resume and like to find out as much about you as possible.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you made a mistake. How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Quebec, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – I was working for a competitor as assistant. Got called by HR after a cocktail at my university saying they wanted me to try their recruitment and joined their team. On monday, i did 1 test of personality online then a small interview by phone. Wednesday did the full interview in person in front of the lead HR and 2 branch director. I got the offer 2 hours after leaving their office.

Interview Question – Sales pitch maybe ! the question are really not on the technical side since its one of the lowest position you can enter in this bank.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was a way over what i expected (more then the median on this website), 2 week vacation min per year, fully paid retirment plan and much more. So i did not tried to negotiate.

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Great turnaround! Applied for the position and was called by HR the very next day for a phone interview. Then interviewed in person with the manager and assistant manager by the next week.

Interview Question – Role-playing   View Answer

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!