TD Bank Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Received a phone call from the recruiter. They set up a face to face interview with the manager. The manager liked what I had to present in the interview and told me that I had the job. Received a call from the recruiter the next day to start the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? How are your previous sales goals trending? Roll played a financial conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TD Bank

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

i had an interview with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. The interview was not bad at all they asked me a lot of questions but nothing difficult.Got a call the same day for a second interview with the regional and i was drilled. Altogether it was not a difficult process

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Bank (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from a TD Bank HR Recruiter. We discussed my background and work history. A skill review and personality test were done prior to the next interview. I was scheduled for an interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager in person. All interviews went well and at this point very good follow up. A third interview was scheduled with two additional Managers at a Regional Branch. This interview also went well. All along the way thank you e-mails were sent. After the third interview I did not hear back from anyone. I emailed and called the HR and hiring Managers leaving a very positive message that I was looking forward to hearing back regarding my prospects for the position. To my amazement no one EVER got back to me after my third interview one way or the other. I would suggest to everyone reading this to stay away from this Bank for not only a job or career but also banking. There are certain business traditions that should still be followed and this Bank did not follow any reasonable etiquette regarding my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.... Tell me about the sales process at XYZ Company you worked at Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Bank (Blue Bell, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position online and in a couple weeks received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR recruiter. The interview was a basic phone screen and afterwards she forwarded her notes to the Branch Manager and set me up to take the online assessment. I completed the assessment and met with the branch and assistant branch manager. I assume they liked me as I had to set up a phone interview with the regional finance manager. I thought all aspects of the interview went well and the questions were pretty simple. However, the process ended after my phone interview with the regional manager. I never heard back from anyone at TD Bank and they did not return my calls or answer my emails.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you would be able to produce or sell to existing clients of TD Bank?   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

contacted by human resources and interview was then set with manager or district manager Easy process and usual questions general skills and strengths. There were no surprises and they spoke about their company - what they require from their employees responsbilites etc

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions - just know your strengths and skills   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Applied online to multiple CSR and FSR positions. Waited 3 weeks, from initial application, to hear from the HR rep. They asked me general questions about my interest in the position/company, what I knew about the job, and asked me salary requirements. I was then given a personality trait test online. After the results were submitted, I was contacted again by the recruiter and we scheduled an interview with the store manager within the next 2 days. The interview with the store manager included introducing myself to the store employees and a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. Questions revolved around prior work experiences and how my skills would transfer to the FSR position. The manager gave information about the expectations of the FSR and their role within the team. I was asked for my salary requirements and my availability. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the FSMM, which would be the following day. The interview questions revolved around my experiences and what is expected of the FSR within the branch. After the call I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The interview included more challenging questions and questions about past work experiences. Was told by the regional manager that the team (recruiter, store manager, FSMM, and regional manager) would be making a decision over the next week and would let me know either way if I was going to move forward or not. After 5 days I received a call from the recruiter and was offered the job and began the on-boarding process. Overall the interview process was good. Everyone I met or had spoken to was very professional and friendly. The interview process will definitely weed out anybody who isn't serious about the job, or anyone who would not be a great fit for the position/company. The time between initial application to first contact is very spaced out. If you were applying to other jobs, you may have gotten interviews or job offers before TD had even made first contact. Also between the recruiter and all the members of management that you have to meet with, there is a lot of back and fourth communication. I would recommend keeping your phone on you at all times.

Interview Questions

• In your prior job in sales, where you worked independently to achieve your goals, and now transitioning into a team orientated environment; How will you adapt to the new environment to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary or any benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Bank (Lansdale, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with store manager and assistant store manager. They asked several standard questions but basically asked why I chose this company and this position. I felt I answered the questions well and left with a positive feeling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Bank (Middletown, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Had a basic interview with the bank manager. Went over my resume but really just wanted to get to know me. Second interview was with regional manager. A little tougher but nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made me an offer same day after regional manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Bank (Manchester, NH).

Interview

You will meet with someone in HR, the store manager of the branch you are applying for and possibly the assistant store manager, and then the Financial Representative Regional Manager. They want a sales driven person, this job is all about sales.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something... Hard to do on the spot in an interview unless you have some experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't recommend this position unless you are willing to focus on sales.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Bank (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Received response from my on-line application with scheduled telephone interview. Tele interview was straight-forward. Subsequent in-person meeting set-up with a Todd Long at the corner of Walton & Township Line Rds. in Plymouth Meeting, PA Nice enough fellow, but really only asked me one question....which, I knew was a bad sign. I pushed ahead nonetheless with several pertinent questions, and Mr. Long was polite enough with the requisite "that is a good question". In short, I filled out a form that included my DOB, at the site. Since I am 50 I knew that it was age discrimination, and that they wouldn't hire me...and I never heard back from them.