TD Bank

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.6

Assistant Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

The hiring and interview process is an incredibly long one! Everything/all screening goes through HR first, so when a position opens up, even when people are applying it takes forever sor HR to send candidates to the stores.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a few questions like how I did in math classes in highschool. They head teller and another teller interviewed me because management was out of the office. Not a normal interview as they did not really ask me any banking or customer service related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got an internship interview through my campus career center. The interview was very straightforward with mostly behavioral questions. They asked about company culture and which position you think you'd fit in to.

Interview Questions
    • Which position do you think you'd best fit into and why? (Difficult being an undergrad with little experience in banking)   Answer Question

Small Businesses Banker Interview

Very technical interview. Fair and appropriate for position applied. Consisted of phone screens and have to face interviews. Process was fairly quick compared to other companies I have dealt with recently.

Interview Questions
    • How to overcome conflicts in design or implementation approach.   View Answer

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

Searched job postings online and applied for a full time position through the TD website. About a month went by and I hadn't heard back, so I called the location I applied to and spoke to the manager. He then touched base with a recruiter to pull up my app with had been withdrawn because the position was split into 2 part time positions so I re-applied which was no problem as all your info will be saved. About 2 hours after resubmitting the application I was contacted to come in for an interview with a manager and head teller. Was contacted by a recruiter the next week for availability and a couple days after that with the official offer

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. The interview was pretty casual, both interviewers were very laid back. They will ask about prior sales and customer service experience though. Banking experience isn't necessary.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I was offered more than I expected.

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

I was informed that I had the interview in early April and did not sit for the interview until mid May. I did not start my position until mid June.

Highlights of the actual interview:
    Interviewers were on time
    Seemed to be playing a game of "good cop, bad cop" with me: one interviewer was friendly while the other was aggressive and rude
    Comprehensive questions geared directly toward my resume experience to verify if it is valid
    Detailed in explanation of the position and expectations

Interview Questions
    • "So if you have only learned about this in class, what makes you think you can do it in practice without experience?"   View Answer
    There was a disparity between the salary mentioned in the interview process and posted on the job description. I inquired as to why that was and was told that there was a budget shortfall and pressure from the top to reduce costs so newer employees would feel it. I was assured that this would be remedied after 6 months - which it never was. I let the manager I would be working under know that in the period of time I was waiting for the interview process to end, I had found and accepted another position that I would be working concurrently and she agreed to allow me a flexible schedule to allow for that. After she retired 3 months after my being hired, this agreement was breached.

Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Very easy interview process. you have a phone interview. then you interview with the tore and assistant manager. after that that they call you with an offer and you can accept or decline. took me about 2 weeks from the day i applied online to receive a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were basic and easy. just make sure you stress you customer service ability.   Answer Question
    they gave me an offer of what i was expecting so i did not need to negotiate.

Bank Teller Interview

First a phone call interview. Than about 4 days later a face to face interview is scheduled I had to go out to the location where I would be working and interview with the Vice President of that branch along with the store manager

Interview Questions
    • What do you do in your current job   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us   View Answer
    • What customer service skills you have that are considered above and beyond   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Apply online got email to set up in person interview. Alot of the boarding is done remotely by computer. You must get finger printed. Overall a pleasant interview. No online tests

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you did in your last job and how it correlates to what you would be doing here.
      Told about the company culture. uniform requirements etc....need copy of high school diploma

Answer Question

Executive Market Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Originally start out individually then end up in NJ for a Panel interview of five people. Head of HR, Market Leader, Regional President, Head of Retail, Head of Strategic Planning.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing you have every done in your career and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question
    None

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in October 2014.

I applied for this position online and in a couple weeks received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR recruiter. The interview was a basic phone screen and afterwards she forwarded her notes to the Branch Manager and set me up to take the online assessment. I completed the assessment and met with the branch and assistant branch manager. I assume they liked me as I had to set up a phone interview with the regional finance manager. I thought all aspects of the interview went well and the questions were pretty simple. However, the process ended after my phone interview with the regional manager. I never heard back from anyone at TD Bank and they did not return my calls or answer my emails.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ways you would be able to produce or sell to existing clients of TD Bank?   View Answer