TD Bank

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Teller I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TD Bank.

Nearly a month passed after I applied online. I called the branch several times, but no one was able to follow up on my application. Anyway, when the recruiter finally called me, we set up a time for an interview at the branch. I was an employee referral, so the process was a bit lax-- I interviewed alone with the ASM. Received an offer via e-mail within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Face-to-face interview in branch location, Was told I would get a response whether I got the job or not, but I received nothing. And I was told multiple times during the interview that they basically already had made a decision before my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

It was a pretty standard interview. Got a phone call asking about some few basic questions (why do you want to work here). If you pass that, HR asks you to go meet the store manager. Got an offer within a week after interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in February 2015.

I applied online and then 2 weeks later I got a phone call from HR. We talked for about 15 min and then she faxed me information to the branch manager. I got a call from the branch manager 10 min after scheduling an interview. The interview took about 30 min and I interviewed with the branch manager and the head CSR. I'm waiting to hear back about their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you WOWed a customer in your previous job?
      Did you have sales goals in your previous job?

Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in February 2015.

Applied for position, was contacted about a month later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well, then scheduled in-person interview. Interview was with my potential manager and the operations manager for the Northeast. After the interview with them, I received a phone call about 20 minutes after leaving the building stating the feedback was positive and he will be working up an offer. A couple days later I received a job offer and negotiated salary. A day later my counter offer was approved and I formally accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with coworkers who you didn't get a long with but you needed to complete a task.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Applied online by sending in resume and cover letter. A few days later I got a call from an HR recruiter and did a phone interview with her. She was great and sent my resume on to the location that I applied to. Had two different interviews at the store. The first was with the Assistant store manager and the store supervisor. They were so comforting and fun because they were pretty young women like me. I got called back a few days later for a second interview which was with the store manager and head teller. Asked similar questions. They choose the questions they want to ask from a long list of questions. They said they would call by monday but didn't call back until after that so when they asked me to come back in to finish paperwork I assumed I wasn't hired but the paperwork I had to sign was to sign up to be fingerprinted. They didn't specify if I was hired or not because they had to wait for my fingerprint results but that same day the HR recruiter told me I was hired and told me my training dates. A few days later, had to travel an hour to get fingerprinted. easy 5 minute process but was frustrating having to drive that far. Had three-four weeks in between being hired and starting. 3 days of training (thurs, friday, friday) and one day of orientation (monday in between the fridays). Overall: Average/easy interview, great company to work for!

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a long line of customers waiting?   Answer Question
    • What part of a team do you consider yourself to be? (leader, follower, etc)   Answer Question
    Got an offer letter via email and stated my hourly wage, 12 dollars an hour, which was fine with me. Didn't negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank.

Was flown to the interview in NJ. Company wanted me to make the 7 hour drive so they could save money. Interviewed with a couple managers who I don't think had very much interviewing experience. One was rigid but was more well liked of the two. The other one was abrupt and I could tell right away that I didn't want to work for him. The questions were rather easy, nothing too technical. Lasted about an hour or so. One left to make a business phone call. The rude one stayed and immediately wanted to discuss salary. Told him I needed to better understand the responsibilities of the role. Tried pressing me again for a dollar figure but I stood firm and didn't respond. Overall was an ok experience. The offer was very low considering the high rent area and that it was a VP level position. It was so low that it was almost an insult. Company knew I would have to relocate and was reluctant to offer any relocation assistance. In the end I was offered about half of what I would have to pay out of pocket to move even on a shoestring budget. I did not negotiate the salary or benefits. The offer and what I had in mind were way too far apart. So I thanked the company for the offer but that I would no longer pursue the opportunity because I had other things in the works. I did not elaborate but obviously my explanation was not good enough. They pressed me for more reasons why I wasn't accepting. My answer remained vague. Ended up speaking with a senior manager at the company later on and was chastised for being "unprofessional". That experience further validated my decision to reject their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a story to help convince me that I should hire you?   View Answer

Offer was well below market compared to other banks operating within the NYC/NJ market. I would be giving up more than I'd be getting.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Bank.

Applied online. Received a call from HR, and they set me up with one bank. They gave me a courtesy interview, but said i should interview with another branch. Interviewed with a different branch (manager, assistant manager, and head teller) and was offered the job.

IT Systems Developer Interview

This is an associate position for new graduates, first round is a phone interview, in this round there are just some introduction to this position, then I got the on site interview. I have a final exam on that day, so it is changed to a Skype interview. In the Skype interview, there are two rounds, first round, I meet the tech manager, he told me this is an associate position, so he does not anticipate must experience or coding ability, just talk about the content of my resume. Second round, the recruiter asks some behavior questions. The two-round Skype interview lasts for one hour.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

they asked all the normal banking questions, they will ask behavioral questions to see what your experience level is. it is not too bad as long as you know your stuff

Interview Questions
    • they were all behavior questions, they ask about the hours a lot of the time   View Answer
    they set the level of pay