TD Bank Interview Questions

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Submitted application online and was called by TD HR in about 3 hours (no joke). Had a phone interview on the spot and he passed my resume to the branch I applied to. 2 days later I got a call from the branch to have an interview the following week. Had my interview and the following week I was offered the position. The whole process was very fast for me. I must have applied at the perfect time.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 traits your current supervisor would say about you.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TD Bank.

contacted by human resources and interview was then set with manager or district manager Easy process and usual questions general skills and strengths. There were no surprises and they spoke about their company - what they require from their employees responsbilites etc

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions - just know your strengths and skills   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TD Bank.

I received a phone call from HR to have an interview. I met the ASM and store sup for an interview and it was nice. They had great questions, they really got to know me, I got to talk about relevant things.

Interview Questions
    • Greatest success so far. That was the hardest question for me 3 years ago, but today it's easier .   Answer Question
    I was happy with their initial offer of a part time teller position.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TD Bank.

They were very friendly, they expect you to be outgoing and cheerful. They respond fast and HR is on point. They required cash and excellent customer service skills. The interview lasted for around an hour and i received a call of their decision the next day.

Risks Management Interview

The Hiring manager was very straightforward, asked mostly about excel skills. As a college intern, they're main goal was to have an intern with proficient excel skills in order to make their tasks simpler in the Risk Management Department.

Interview Questions
    • The Hiring Manager was strict and straightforward in terms of this position. During the interview the Hiring Manager's main concern was the intern's knowledge of excel and whether the intern can accomplish a task with the resources provided to them   Answer Question

Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Received a phone interview with a recruiter and then an interview with manager in branch. The questions were centered around sales and how you feel about them. Not difficult at all. A lot of the information was then sent via email to complete.

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

It was good. It was a 1:1 interview. It was at a open house so you got to see all the applicants. The managers that interviewed me were very sweet. I Smiled, A LOT, which i think was the main reason why i got the job.

none, i was offered what i wanted.

TD Bank Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview was very easy because managers seemed like they could careless. I met with a group panel and then met with the ASM then the branch manager. We talked about everything and then I was made an offer the following day.

around ~11 dollars an hour 6 years ago

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

I was originally applying for a Teller position, but HR suggested that I applied for a CSR position given my qualifications! I've never seen a department do that...!

I had filled out my application online as usual, and completed an online assessment. A regional HR Rep responded by email wanting to schedule an interview. The interview was by phone, 1 on 1, and that's when the rep said "I don't know why you're applying for a teller position when you should aim higher". I did not know how it would go if I applied for a higher position given that I had no experience in finance or banking. Maybe it was due to my having a Bachelor's degree? I don't know. So I accepted the bump up, and then I went to an interview with the store managers about 1 week later.

The interview process was straightforward, wasn't intimidating (for my interviewers anyway), and had no curveballs or surprises. The same day of my in person interview with the two managers, the HR rep called me to give me the good news.

I was asked how much I was wanting to make per hour, and I gave a reasonable amount that is expected, but the final wage came out to be $4.00 less per hour. So I guess salary wasn't negotiable?

Compared with all of the other upper entry level positions I was applying for, this one had the shortest and most efficient interview process.

So far I am loving my job and wouldn't ask for a better first job in banking! I hope that your experience with HR is as good as mine was.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most notable time that you went out of your way to impress or wow the customer?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Applied online to multiple CSR and FSR positions. Waited 3 weeks, from initial application, to hear from the HR rep. They asked me general questions about my interest in the position/company, what I knew about the job, and asked me salary requirements. I was then given a personality trait test online. After the results were submitted, I was contacted again by the recruiter and we scheduled an interview with the store manager within the next 2 days.
    The interview with the store manager included introducing myself to the store employees and a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. Questions revolved around prior work experiences and how my skills would transfer to the FSR position. The manager gave information about the expectations of the FSR and their role within the team. I was asked for my salary requirements and my availability.
    The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the FSMM, which would be the following day. The interview questions revolved around my experiences and what is expected of the FSR within the branch.
    After the call I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The interview included more challenging questions and questions about past work experiences. Was told by the regional manager that the team (recruiter, store manager, FSMM, and regional manager) would be making a decision over the next week and would let me know either way if I was going to move forward or not.
    After 5 days I received a call from the recruiter and was offered the job and began the on-boarding process.

Overall the interview process was good. Everyone I met or had spoken to was very professional and friendly. The interview process will definitely weed out anybody who isn't serious about the job, or anyone who would not be a great fit for the position/company.
    The time between initial application to first contact is very spaced out. If you were applying to other jobs, you may have gotten interviews or job offers before TD had even made first contact. Also between the recruiter and all the members of management that you have to meet with, there is a lot of back and fourth communication. I would recommend keeping your phone on you at all times.

Interview Questions
    • In your prior job in sales, where you worked independently to achieve your goals, and now transitioning into a team orientated environment; How will you adapt to the new environment to achieve your goals?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my salary or any benefits.

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!