TD Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
395 interviews

2.6

Risks Management Interview

The Hiring manager was very straightforward, asked mostly about excel skills. As a college intern, they're main goal was to have an intern with proficient excel skills in order to make their tasks simpler in the Risk Management Department.

Interview Questions
    • The Hiring Manager was strict and straightforward in terms of this position. During the interview the Hiring Manager's main concern was the intern's knowledge of excel and whether the intern can accomplish a task with the resources provided to them   Answer Question

Store Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in December 2010.

Completed online profile. Received a phone call, which "wasn't an interview." Had an interview a couple days later. The interview was at a store with two managers. I sat with both if them. I only interviewed once. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. Should have asked for a little more. But it WAS 2008 in December, right after the crash.

Head Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Received a phone interview with a recruiter and then an interview with manager in branch. The questions were centered around sales and how you feel about them. Not difficult at all. A lot of the information was then sent via email to complete.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2014.

Recruiter was very proactive and open about what they were looking for and I seemed like a good fit. Manage my expectations and kept me in the loop throughout process. After dealing with many recruiters over the years, I must say this was my best experience so far.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I lacked management experience but had the business development experience they were looking for.

Teller I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

It was good. It was a 1:1 interview. It was at a open house so you got to see all the applicants. The managers that interviewed me were very sweet. I Smiled, A LOT, which i think was the main reason why i got the job.

none, i was offered what i wanted.

TD Bank Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview was very easy because managers seemed like they could careless. I met with a group panel and then met with the ASM then the branch manager. We talked about everything and then I was made an offer the following day.

around ~11 dollars an hour 6 years ago

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2012.

Got called in the next two days after applying really early in the morning around 7 a.m. On the spot phone call interview asking if i was able to work ft or pt. Was given a day to go to a interview (not optional to chose the date) which ended up being a intro to what TD is all about. Later on i received another call for a store interview to where i was applying.

Interview Questions
    • The very last question in the meeting was "How would you treat a customer?" and in the interview "What are your expectations for working here?"   View Answer
    It's a pretty decent job just coming out of high school so any offer is acceptable, and the bank pays more than minimum wage.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falmouth, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

I applied online and I received a phone call within the same week by an HR employee setting up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told that I had made it to the final round of interviews. I went for a in-person interview(I believe they allow you to take the final interview on the phone) because I thought it would look better. All interview questions were standard. There were a few behavioral questions, but besides that it wasn't that difficult at all. I got a call the next day by an HR employee and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time that you were working on something and it didn't go as planned"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2012.

Group interview to explain what TD is about. I was in contact with their hiring manager for about a month after the group interview as she was trying to get me into a branch as a teller. She told me that I would need to interview with the specific branch manager which I had no problem. My only request was that I did not want to be placed in a branch were I would need to travel more than an hour driving ,but she kept setting me up in branches that were either in New York City or Nassau county which were over an hour travel from my house.

I was not willing to travel more than an hour from my house for a teller job where I would not be gaining any money. I was looking at the time for a hirer paying job which this was ,but with the cost of gas or a lirr ticket, I would be losing money each paycheck.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

I was originally applying for a Teller position, but HR suggested that I applied for a CSR position given my qualifications! I've never seen a department do that...!

I had filled out my application online as usual, and completed an online assessment. A regional HR Rep responded by email wanting to schedule an interview. The interview was by phone, 1 on 1, and that's when the rep said "I don't know why you're applying for a teller position when you should aim higher". I did not know how it would go if I applied for a higher position given that I had no experience in finance or banking. Maybe it was due to my having a Bachelor's degree? I don't know. So I accepted the bump up, and then I went to an interview with the store managers about 1 week later.

The interview process was straightforward, wasn't intimidating (for my interviewers anyway), and had no curveballs or surprises. The same day of my in person interview with the two managers, the HR rep called me to give me the good news.

I was asked how much I was wanting to make per hour, and I gave a reasonable amount that is expected, but the final wage came out to be $4.00 less per hour. So I guess salary wasn't negotiable?

Compared with all of the other upper entry level positions I was applying for, this one had the shortest and most efficient interview process.

So far I am loving my job and wouldn't ask for a better first job in banking! I hope that your experience with HR is as good as mine was.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most notable time that you went out of your way to impress or wow the customer?   Answer Question

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!