TD Bank

392 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Supervisor Interview

Store Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – Completed online profile. Received a phone call, which "wasn't an interview." Had an interview a couple days later. The interview was at a store with two managers. I sat with both if them. I only interviewed once. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Should have asked for a little more. But it WAS 2008 in December, right after the crash.

Head Teller Interview

Head Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview with a recruiter and then an interview with manager in branch. The questions were centered around sales and how you feel about them. Not difficult at all. A lot of the information was then sent via email to complete.

Interview Question – Most questions were around sales.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very proactive and open about what they were looking for and I seemed like a good fit. Manage my expectations and kept me in the loop throughout process. After dealing with many recruiters over the years, I must say this was my best experience so far.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I lacked management experience but had the business development experience they were looking for.

Teller I Interview

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – It was good. It was a 1:1 interview. It was at a open house so you got to see all the applicants. The managers that interviewed me were very sweet. I Smiled, A LOT, which i think was the main reason why i got the job.

Negotiation Details – none, i was offered what i wanted.

TD Bank Customer Service Representative Interview

TD Bank Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy because managers seemed like they could careless. I met with a group panel and then met with the ASM then the branch manager. We talked about everything and then I was made an offer the following day.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – around ~11 dollars an hour 6 years ago

Teller I Interview

Teller I
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got called in the next two days after applying really early in the morning around 7 a.m. On the spot phone call interview asking if i was able to work ft or pt. Was given a day to go to a interview (not optional to chose the date) which ended up being a intro to what TD is all about. Later on i received another call for a store interview to where i was applying.

Interview Question – The very last question in the meeting was "How would you treat a customer?" and in the interview "What are your expectations for working here?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a pretty decent job just coming out of high school so any offer is acceptable, and the bank pays more than minimum wage.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Falmouth, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and I received a phone call within the same week by an HR employee setting up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told that I had made it to the final round of interviews. I went for a in-person interview(I believe they allow you to take the final interview on the phone) because I thought it would look better. All interview questions were standard. There were a few behavioral questions, but besides that it wasn't that difficult at all. I got a call the next day by an HR employee and I was offered the job.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time that you were working on something and it didn't go as planned"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview to explain what TD is about. I was in contact with their hiring manager for about a month after the group interview as she was trying to get me into a branch as a teller. She told me that I would need to interview with the specific branch manager which I had no problem. My only request was that I did not want to be placed in a branch were I would need to travel more than an hour driving ,but she kept setting me up in branches that were either in New York City or Nassau county which were over an hour travel from my house.

Reason for Declining – I was not willing to travel more than an hour from my house for a teller job where I would not be gaining any money. I was looking at the time for a hirer paying job which this was ,but with the cost of gas or a lirr ticket, I would be losing money each paycheck.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – I was originally applying for a Teller position, but HR suggested that I applied for a CSR position given my qualifications! I've never seen a department do that...!

I had filled out my application online as usual, and completed an online assessment. A regional HR Rep responded by email wanting to schedule an interview. The interview was by phone, 1 on 1, and that's when the rep said "I don't know why you're applying for a teller position when you should aim higher". I did not know how it would go if I applied for a higher position given that I had no experience in finance or banking. Maybe it was due to my having a Bachelor's degree? I don't know. So I accepted the bump up, and then I went to an interview with the store managers about 1 week later.

The interview process was straightforward, wasn't intimidating (for my interviewers anyway), and had no curveballs or surprises. The same day of my in person interview with the two managers, the HR rep called me to give me the good news.

I was asked how much I was wanting to make per hour, and I gave a reasonable amount that is expected, but the final wage came out to be $4.00 less per hour. So I guess salary wasn't negotiable?

Compared with all of the other upper entry level positions I was applying for, this one had the shortest and most efficient interview process.

So far I am loving my job and wouldn't ask for a better first job in banking! I hope that your experience with HR is as good as mine was.

Interview Question – What was the most notable time that you went out of your way to impress or wow the customer?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online to multiple CSR and FSR positions. Waited 3 weeks, from initial application, to hear from the HR rep. They asked me general questions about my interest in the position/company, what I knew about the job, and asked me salary requirements. I was then given a personality trait test online. After the results were submitted, I was contacted again by the recruiter and we scheduled an interview with the store manager within the next 2 days.
The interview with the store manager included introducing myself to the store employees and a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. Questions revolved around prior work experiences and how my skills would transfer to the FSR position. The manager gave information about the expectations of the FSR and their role within the team. I was asked for my salary requirements and my availability.
The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the FSMM, which would be the following day. The interview questions revolved around my experiences and what is expected of the FSR within the branch.
After the call I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The interview included more challenging questions and questions about past work experiences. Was told by the regional manager that the team (recruiter, store manager, FSMM, and regional manager) would be making a decision over the next week and would let me know either way if I was going to move forward or not.
After 5 days I received a call from the recruiter and was offered the job and began the on-boarding process.

Overall the interview process was good. Everyone I met or had spoken to was very professional and friendly. The interview process will definitely weed out anybody who isn't serious about the job, or anyone who would not be a great fit for the position/company.
The time between initial application to first contact is very spaced out. If you were applying to other jobs, you may have gotten interviews or job offers before TD had even made first contact. Also between the recruiter and all the members of management that you have to meet with, there is a lot of back and fourth communication. I would recommend keeping your phone on you at all times.

Interview Question – In your prior job in sales, where you worked independently to achieve your goals, and now transitioning into a team orientated environment; How will you adapt to the new environment to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary or any benefits.

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!