TD Bank

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.6

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Applied online by sending in resume and cover letter. A few days later I got a call from an HR recruiter and did a phone interview with her. She was great and sent my resume on to the location that I applied to. Had two different interviews at the store. The first was with the Assistant store manager and the store supervisor. They were so comforting and fun because they were pretty young women like me. I got called back a few days later for a second interview which was with the store manager and head teller. Asked similar questions. They choose the questions they want to ask from a long list of questions. They said they would call by monday but didn't call back until after that so when they asked me to come back in to finish paperwork I assumed I wasn't hired but the paperwork I had to sign was to sign up to be fingerprinted. They didn't specify if I was hired or not because they had to wait for my fingerprint results but that same day the HR recruiter told me I was hired and told me my training dates. A few days later, had to travel an hour to get fingerprinted. easy 5 minute process but was frustrating having to drive that far. Had three-four weeks in between being hired and starting. 3 days of training (thurs, friday, friday) and one day of orientation (monday in between the fridays). Overall: Average/easy interview, great company to work for!

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a long line of customers waiting?   Answer Question
    • What part of a team do you consider yourself to be? (leader, follower, etc)   Answer Question
    Got an offer letter via email and stated my hourly wage, 12 dollars an hour, which was fine with me. Didn't negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank.

Was flown to the interview in NJ. Company wanted me to make the 7 hour drive so they could save money. Interviewed with a couple managers who I don't think had very much interviewing experience. One was rigid but was more well liked of the two. The other one was abrupt and I could tell right away that I didn't want to work for him. The questions were rather easy, nothing too technical. Lasted about an hour or so. One left to make a business phone call. The rude one stayed and immediately wanted to discuss salary. Told him I needed to better understand the responsibilities of the role. Tried pressing me again for a dollar figure but I stood firm and didn't respond. Overall was an ok experience. The offer was very low considering the high rent area and that it was a VP level position. It was so low that it was almost an insult. Company knew I would have to relocate and was reluctant to offer any relocation assistance. In the end I was offered about half of what I would have to pay out of pocket to move even on a shoestring budget. I did not negotiate the salary or benefits. The offer and what I had in mind were way too far apart. So I thanked the company for the offer but that I would no longer pursue the opportunity because I had other things in the works. I did not elaborate but obviously my explanation was not good enough. They pressed me for more reasons why I wasn't accepting. My answer remained vague. Ended up speaking with a senior manager at the company later on and was chastised for being "unprofessional". That experience further validated my decision to reject their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a story to help convince me that I should hire you?   View Answer

Offer was well below market compared to other banks operating within the NYC/NJ market. I would be giving up more than I'd be getting.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Bank.

Applied online. Received a call from HR, and they set me up with one bank. They gave me a courtesy interview, but said i should interview with another branch. Interviewed with a different branch (manager, assistant manager, and head teller) and was offered the job.

IT Systems Developer Interview

This is an associate position for new graduates, first round is a phone interview, in this round there are just some introduction to this position, then I got the on site interview. I have a final exam on that day, so it is changed to a Skype interview. In the Skype interview, there are two rounds, first round, I meet the tech manager, he told me this is an associate position, so he does not anticipate must experience or coding ability, just talk about the content of my resume. Second round, the recruiter asks some behavior questions. The two-round Skype interview lasts for one hour.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

they asked all the normal banking questions, they will ask behavioral questions to see what your experience level is. it is not too bad as long as you know your stuff

Interview Questions
    • they were all behavior questions, they ask about the hours a lot of the time   View Answer
    they set the level of pay

Assistant Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

The hiring and interview process is an incredibly long one! Everything/all screening goes through HR first, so when a position opens up, even when people are applying it takes forever sor HR to send candidates to the stores.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a few questions like how I did in math classes in highschool. They head teller and another teller interviewed me because management was out of the office. Not a normal interview as they did not really ask me any banking or customer service related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got an internship interview through my campus career center. The interview was very straightforward with mostly behavioral questions. They asked about company culture and which position you think you'd fit in to.

Interview Questions
    • Which position do you think you'd best fit into and why? (Difficult being an undergrad with little experience in banking)   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in December 2014.

I had a phone screening first. And was then given options on what location was best for me to interview at. I didn't get the job so the HR lady sent me to two more branches and I got hired the last location.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about being a bank teller? (They want you to know that this is a selling position.

Have you handled cash before.

And they ask you situation questions. Give an example of a situation where you had a difficult customer. And how would you comfort customers if you had a long line ahead of you.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary but they offered something reasonable.

Small Businesses Banker Interview

Very technical interview. Fair and appropriate for position applied. Consisted of phone screens and have to face interviews. Process was fairly quick compared to other companies I have dealt with recently.

Interview Questions
    • How to overcome conflicts in design or implementation approach.   View Answer

Teller I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

Searched job postings online and applied for a full time position through the TD website. About a month went by and I hadn't heard back, so I called the location I applied to and spoke to the manager. He then touched base with a recruiter to pull up my app with had been withdrawn because the position was split into 2 part time positions so I re-applied which was no problem as all your info will be saved. About 2 hours after resubmitting the application I was contacted to come in for an interview with a manager and head teller. Was contacted by a recruiter the next week for availability and a couple days after that with the official offer

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. The interview was pretty casual, both interviewers were very laid back. They will ask about prior sales and customer service experience though. Banking experience isn't necessary.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I was offered more than I expected.