TD Bank

335 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Weekend Supervisor/Teller Operations In Head Teller C A S H Program Interview

Holmes, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2009.

Interview Details – When I interviewed it was still Commerce Bank. I believe there was a phone interview. Follow up interview with HR. Then interview at Branch with assistant manager. The only thing I remember about interview is right before I was told don't forget to smile! I found out later that if I did not smile in the first 2 seconds upon entering they would have tossed app. Always smile guys

Interview Question – Well that came from me. I had to ask if they were breast feeding friendly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Training can be tuff, don't forget to smile and believe in yourself

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online, tedious application, repetitive questioning.

Interview Question – They utilise the STAR method of interviewing. Do your research and be prepared to respond using STAR.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better offer elsewhere

Assistant Head Teller Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Interview with Store Manager. Background check, fingerprinting. LONG process. No drug test.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotialble. Pay is horrible compared to other institutions.

Head Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details – Once HR is interested you are scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed twice once with the store manager and second with assistant manager and head teller

Interview Question – none were difficult for me since I already had banking experience   Answer Question

Head Teller Interview

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Preliminary interview with HR. Must meet requirement. Sales or Cash handling. No assessment test. Be very energetic at store interview. Bring ideas, charts, sales story, documents.

Interview Question – Continue talking and don't pause to think of your answer. You've lost if that happens.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a scale. Mention that you know there's a scale and have them disclose it. Ask for the top number but ready to negotiate. Negotiate don't take the number they give you. Ask for more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details – Was not long process. I walked in a big branch that had on site hr rep and introduced myself. She called me for phone interview two days later then had the branch interview in a week. Took my fingerprints on the following week then was hired.

Interview Question – None. All of them were expected honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Bank in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Applied
2. Phone Interview by HR
3. Interview by Branch manager
4. Interview by assistant managers (they couldnt attend the first interview, it was pretty much the same as the one with the branch manager).
5. Job offer

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, just standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Teller I
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
1 with HR, and the second was with the Manager and Asst. Managers of the branch.
Interview was very easy. You just have to show that you're an energetic, positive, and fun person.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about TD Bank and its values?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable

Teller II Interview

Teller II

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online and about two weeks later received an email inviting me to an open hiring event that lasted 3hrs if you got past the first interview but was worth it in the end. Love that they are so willing to work around a school schedule and they help pay for my classes.

Negotiation Details – I pushed hard for what I thought I was worth to the company and that's what they offered.

Very Difficult Interview

Lead Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview and it was the worst one I have ever had. First off this person set this up to tell me that I'm not qualified. The questions that were asked were not normal questions. She wanted to know how much money was in the vault, ATM and teller line . How many transactions were made , sales goals. All the while she kept on saying that she was going to call my former manger and HR to find out if I was in fact a Teller Supervisor. She then explained what I would be doing (Figure head Manger) Disciplining the teller to the point of firing them and taking that responsibility off the manager. This person was rude and she wasted my time. They had no intention on offering me any job, No reason for interview. I would offer a bit of advice to anyone seeking employment with this company to BEWARE.

Interview Question – Having an interview with someone, who has already decided that your not qualified. The unexpected question were the ones about the value of the Vault, ATM and teller cash.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank