TD Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Interview

Very technical interview. Fair and appropriate for position applied. Consisted of phone screens and have to face interviews. Process was fairly quick compared to other companies I have dealt with recently.

Interview Questions

• How to overcome conflicts in design or implementation approach.   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Searched job postings online and applied for a full time position through the TD website. About a month went by and I hadn't heard back, so I called the location I applied to and spoke to the manager. He then touched base with a recruiter to pull up my app with had been withdrawn because the position was split into 2 part time positions so I re-applied which was no problem as all your info will be saved. About 2 hours after resubmitting the application I was contacted to come in for an interview with a manager and head teller. Was contacted by a recruiter the next week for availability and a couple days after that with the official offer

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. The interview was pretty casual, both interviewers were very laid back. They will ask about prior sales and customer service experience though. Banking experience isn't necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I was offered more than I expected.

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

I was informed that I had the interview in early April and did not sit for the interview until mid May. I did not start my position until mid June.

Highlights of the actual interview:
    Interviewers were on time
    Seemed to be playing a game of "good cop, bad cop" with me: one interviewer was friendly while the other was aggressive and rude
    Comprehensive questions geared directly toward my resume experience to verify if it is valid
    Detailed in explanation of the position and expectations

Interview Questions

• "So if you have only learned about this in class, what makes you think you can do it in practice without experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a disparity between the salary mentioned in the interview process and posted on the job description. I inquired as to why that was and was told that there was a budget shortfall and pressure from the top to reduce costs so newer employees would feel it. I was assured that this would be remedied after 6 months - which it never was. I let the manager I would be working under know that in the period of time I was waiting for the interview process to end, I had found and accepted another position that I would be working concurrently and she agreed to allow me a flexible schedule to allow for that. After she retired 3 months after my being hired, this agreement was breached.

AML Investigator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank (Mount Laurel, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a temp job which I had applied through staffing agency process was completed in 1 week. IT was only a phone interview, no face to face. I have received call from supervisor, he asked me mostly about my background and my resume and why I am interested in Compliance? and told me more about job. , it lasted around 20 minutes . next day I received call that , they want me to join same week. I was asked mostly about my resume and if I had any experience working in aml.

Head Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Very easy interview process. you have a phone interview. then you interview with the tore and assistant manager. after that that they call you with an offer and you can accept or decline. took me about 2 weeks from the day i applied online to receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• all questions were basic and easy. just make sure you stress you customer service ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they gave me an offer of what i was expecting so i did not need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank (Melville, NY).

Interview

Apply online got email to set up in person interview. Alot of the boarding is done remotely by computer. You must get finger printed. Overall a pleasant interview. No online tests

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did in your last job and how it correlates to what you would be doing here.
      Told about the company culture. uniform requirements etc....need copy of high school diploma

Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First a phone call interview. Than about 4 days later a face to face interview is scheduled I had to go out to the location where I would be working and interview with the Vice President of that branch along with the store manager

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current job   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer
    • What customer service skills you have that are considered above and beyond   Answer Question

Executive Market Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Originally start out individually then end up in NJ for a Panel interview of five people. Head of HR, Market Leader, Regional President, Head of Retail, Head of Strategic Planning.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you have every done in your career and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank (Blue Bell, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position online and in a couple weeks received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR recruiter. The interview was a basic phone screen and afterwards she forwarded her notes to the Branch Manager and set me up to take the online assessment. I completed the assessment and met with the branch and assistant branch manager. I assume they liked me as I had to set up a phone interview with the regional finance manager. I thought all aspects of the interview went well and the questions were pretty simple. However, the process ended after my phone interview with the regional manager. I never heard back from anyone at TD Bank and they did not return my calls or answer my emails.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you would be able to produce or sell to existing clients of TD Bank?   1 Answer

Bank Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Bank (Scarsdale, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

applied online, submitted cover letter/resume through their TD Bank website, created a "profile". you are given a phone interview if they are interested in you. If successful will schedule you for an interview with a branch manager at a specific TD Bank branch location, the manager and the head teller will ask you various types of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any past Teller experience or any other cash handing experiences?

Why do you specifically want to work here at TD Bank or as a Teller?

Tell us about a past problem you have faced in prior job positions, what action did you take to resolve the problem, and what where the end results based on your action in trying to sovle the problem?

Answer Question