TD Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – 1st with HR then with a group interview with the brand manager, brand assistant manager, and the head teller. Overall took almost a month + drug test and paperwork.

Interview Question – How long do you think you will stay in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You either take the offer or other 20ppl. who want this job gonna take it :)

Teller I Interview

Teller I
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – Be personable. Know customer service and how to sell bank product (i.e. credit cards, checking and saving accounts)

Interview Question – sell me a credit card.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR Rep by phone a few days after I submitted my online application. I was invited for a group interview, which was TD Bank essentially presenting themselves to the potential employees. After the group interview, which was more of an information session, the 10 or so attendees were invited for 1:1 interviews with individual branch managers. I went on two interviews at two different branches and was offered positions at both.

Interview Question – This interview was so long ago, that I don't really remember the interview questions. Since none of them stand out to me, I can assume that the questions were't out of the ordinary or particularly difficult. More than anything, they want to know that you have excellent cutover service skills and will maintain a positive attitude. They also want to know you are comfortable selling things. For example, if you come from retail, they want to know if you offer customers the store credit card. They want to know if you were ever "shouted out" on customer surveys.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have much experience in banking, and I wasn't making much at my previous retail job, I took the first amount they offered.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – You will meet with someone in HR, the store manager of the branch you are applying for and possibly the assistant store manager, and then the Financial Representative Regional Manager. They want a sales driven person, this job is all about sales.

Interview Question – Sell me something... Hard to do on the spot in an interview unless you have some experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't recommend this position unless you are willing to focus on sales.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied internally, I was previously a teller at the organization. One interview that lasted an hour and a half.

Interview Question – Typical behavior based questions: describe a time you failed, describe a time you exceeded a customers expectations, describe a time where your relationship with a coworker or supervisor benefited you when dealing with a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for a marginally higher hourly wage, it was considered but HR insisted that management would be happy to discuss raises after positive sales performance.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – May be a multi interview process if you are interviewing for a management position. Expect to have a phone interview, direct manager interview followed by a regional manager interview.

Interview Question – What is your experience with small businesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to negotiate... get the salary up front as the raises are difficult to negotiate.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter's assistant and then spoke with the recruiter. The job description was very clear as to the role, but there were some confusion as titles in Canada are different from titles in the US and the role I was interviewing for was a global role.

My first interview was with the US head of the group in Cherry Hill NJ, which went very well. I was then scheduled for a second round of interviews with four additional people in New York. For the most part this went well. There were to interviewers that were quite interesting. The first came into the interview with nothing but a pad of paper (no resume, no notes) and after some time asked me to diagram a technology process related to the role. I was a bit surprised at the ask but was able to (poorly) draw and diagram and discuss it. It was tough to read this interviewer. The last interviewer is probably best described as an attack dog. While seemingly pleasant, the interviewer kept picking on my limited/lack of experience as a supervisor/manager. The questioning on that was very repetitive and ultimately put a bad taste in my mouth and had me seriously considering not taking the role (if offered) based on that last interviewer.

A couple days later I was notified that I need to meet with HR and if I could do a phone interview. I provided my availability for a phone interview on a Friday but then Thursday evening was contacted saying the HR representative preferred to meet in person on Monday morning. I had to scramble and request time off from work but it all ended up working out and the HR representative was quite pleasant and it was clear from that meeting the role would be offered to me.

Received offer about a week later, took about 1.5-2 weeks to fully work out package and accept.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions were: (1) Draw a diagram, as you would for a technologist, explaining how systems would interact related to mobile device, firewalls, internal server and external servers. (2) Understanding your management/supervisory experience is limited, how would you manage?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received first offer and the base salary was a bit disappointing, but had a generous equity (stock) package. I was able to speak tot he US head of the group and get a revised offer both in base and equity.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Saturday morning, got a call back Monday. Interviewed same week with recruiter and following week with assistent store manager and branch manager. Upon accepting offer from recruiter, a drug test must be competed within 48 hours. Total process about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Coming from banking previosualy with a similar background, the interview was very easy. Focus on valuing customer needs and listening attentively on the customer so you can make the best product recommendation. Customer service driven enviroment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took a pay cut of a $1.37 because the recruiter said she "could not mach the offer."

Loan Officer Interview

Loan Officer
Purchase, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews were performed. then a background check and the laptop and credentials were issued within 1 week.

Interview Question – the commission structure is horrible   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very smooth

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Auburn, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was pretty long. You have to fill out the application online, then wait for an e-mail or call. There is a phone interview first. After I was called I had to attend an information session, then come back for an interview. I was called back within 3 days with a salary offer.

Interview Question – After the information session, at the actual interview they ask you about the session in detail, some of the things are hard to remember if it's a week or more after the session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter called with an amount and I accepted.