TD Bank Interview Questions in Mount Laurel, NJ

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at TD Bank in February 2014.

Most protracted and least organized interview process I have ever been a party to. Having worked in human resources and conducted many interviews myself I am probably a bit more sensitive to these things than most, but it doesn't take expertise to recognize that bringing a candidate in 4 separate times within 6 business days to accommodate "Travel schedules", and having that candidate wait an average of over an hour past the scheduled interview time on 3 of 4 of those occasions, is absurdly unprofessional. Interviewers also made multiple inconsistent claims about the company's policies, culture, and ultimately the hiring schedule itself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Two managers interview you, First manager then group manager. It takes about 30 minutes.
    You will be asked what you will do in certain scenario. What you bring to the Table in terms of strengths. What are your weaknesses. They will ask you about schedule preferences of scheduling.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

The interview was very awkward for me. I ended up interviewing in multiple locations because I was not a great fit for most of the locations. I guess I wasn't hitting the right cords for my interviewers. Luckily I was picked up at one of the regional headquarters, and was pretty good at the job. The questions are you run of the mill questions about selling and retaining customer loyalty. Just make up what you think someone in your position would do.

Interview Questions
    • These aren't ivy leaguers you are dealing with so the questions are very basic. The toughest question was about my selling process.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, I was strapped for cash and just needed to float for a bit.

Debit Card Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2011.

I met with a supervisor one time. Even though my experience with the actual company was not the best the lady I met with was very nice and informative. She explained the hours and shifts and advised of the work and work load of the department which was not the problem.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was how would I handle an IRate customer calling in about their claim, not knowing the department very well mad it difficult to answer   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2012.

HR never told me I was rejected until I followed up several times and finally got a rejection four months later. I first went on a phone interview and in-person interview and the least that they could do is reject me. I followed up for months and each time that I did so, I felt like a burden when trying to follow up as to whether a decision was made. The interview process itself wasn't exactly smooth either. One person was on the phone while the other two people were in person, so I had to scream into the phone but try to face the two other people at the same time. I felt that they were trying to take advantage of the fact that the market is bad and they threw common courtesy out the window.

Office seemed nice, typical corporate environment where you have the men with pink ties driving their beamers on 50k salary.

I'm a bit disappointed that I did not get the job but I ended up getting another one anyway so I don't have any hard feelings. But, they should have treated their applicants more like people and less like burdens.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you have a client who does not agree with your assessment and you have to please him but also comply with the rules and regulations?   View Answer

Corporate Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2010.

First round was phone interview, behavioral. Second round, laid back in person interview.

None

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2009.

The department I work in hires most of it's employees from temporary agencies. Completing the employment application on line can be a little frustrating.

I was only able to negotiate .25 cents higher than what was offered.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in November 2011.

I applied online and within a few weeks I was called by someone in the HR department

After a few more phone interviews I was able to set up an appointment to meet with the HR person I had been dealing with on the phone. He was very helpful and courteous and responded thoughtfully and thoroughly to every question I had.

When going to the 1:1 interview it turned out it was actually a group interview however I lucked out to only have one more person interviewing with me who was applying for the full-time position and I was applying at the time for the part-time position.

After the 1:1 interview I was called about a week and ½ later and the HR rep offered me the job, welcoming me aboard. Afterward I was called for training in Center City Philadelphia

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate the figure

Banking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in February 2011.

Phone interview, followed by a group information session, followed by a one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • Give a scenario of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hours

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!