TD Bank

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in December 2014.

I had a phone screening first. And was then given options on what location was best for me to interview at. I didn't get the job so the HR lady sent me to two more branches and I got hired the last location.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about being a bank teller? (They want you to know that this is a selling position.

Have you handled cash before.

And they ask you situation questions. Give an example of a situation where you had a difficult customer. And how would you comfort customers if you had a long line ahead of you.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary but they offered something reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Apply online got email to set up in person interview. Alot of the boarding is done remotely by computer. You must get finger printed. Overall a pleasant interview. No online tests

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you did in your last job and how it correlates to what you would be doing here.
      Told about the company culture. uniform requirements etc....need copy of high school diploma

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Submitted application online and was called by TD HR in about 3 hours (no joke). Had a phone interview on the spot and he passed my resume to the branch I applied to. 2 days later I got a call from the branch to have an interview the following week. Had my interview and the following week I was offered the position. The whole process was very fast for me. I must have applied at the perfect time.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 traits your current supervisor would say about you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

I applied for the teller position through the company website; a few days later I received an email from a recruiter about a new store opening up that I applied to and proceeded to ask me questions about my availability, whether I want part time or full time, etc. I responded to her email and she scheduled me for a phone interview the following week.
    The phone interview was with the same recruiter who emailed me and she asked me my availability again, if I was going back to school and things of that nature. She also asked me the typical behavioral questions that anyone who has done retail can answer like when u had a difficult customer or if you couldn't give the customer what they wanted what did you do to ensure they return. If u pass that you then get scheduled for an in person interview with the store manager.
    The in person interview is very easy; they asked me alot about myself and what I do at my current job. They are more interested in you the person and what you can bring to the company. Just be very smiley, show you know what customer service entails and that you love working with others and you should be fine. Also please do your research on the company; the managers will ask you what you know about TD bank.
    Anyhoo I received an offer 3 business days later and start in July.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected if you have ever done a retail job or interview. I've done retail for 7 years so it was easy for me.   Answer Question
    I was offered 14$ per hour but it could be due to me working in Manhattan in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in May 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call with on the spot phone interview. Scheduled a 1:1 interview at one location. During the interview, he talked as though I had got the job but then I was told they were continuing to interview other candidates. Interviewed at a different location and kept being told that they had not reached a final decision. Still no word about the job so I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in February 2014.

Online application. Contacted by HR about a week after. I was informed that they do not hire managers from the outside. They offer me a lower position with the idea of a possible promotion. I did not accepted. After 2 more weeks a different HR rep. contacted me to set an interview with a manager from a different branch. I was confused by the change of heart, however after the interview waited about 2 weeks until they contact me to set a new interview with area manager. The day they call me to set the interview I was not available. I returned the call after a few hours and no answer. The next day when I contacted them, the HR rep. who previously left a message to set the interview - claimed that he could not set a day yet. A few days after that I received a general email that I was not considered for the position. Lack of professionalism from their HR department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Meet HR and then meet store manager. Easy interview process as long as you walk in with confidence and prepared. Questions are just based on why you would like to work for the company and what do you know about the company.

I did not negotiate because I am already grateful to obtain an offer being unemployed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

2 interviews
    1 with HR, and the second was with the Manager and Asst. Managers of the branch.
    Interview was very easy. You just have to show that you're an energetic, positive, and fun person.

Non Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in July 2013.

was called more than two weeks after online application, the interviewer asked questions about current and previous jobs and educational background.
    the interviewer will go through what you put in your resume, mostly the questions in the interview will come from there. was told to come to a branch the next day for a 1:1 interview with the managers.

Interview Questions
    • how much money do you usually handle?
      how much do you make on your current job?

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank in June 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter's assistant and then spoke with the recruiter. The job description was very clear as to the role, but there were some confusion as titles in Canada are different from titles in the US and the role I was interviewing for was a global role.

My first interview was with the US head of the group in Cherry Hill NJ, which went very well. I was then scheduled for a second round of interviews with four additional people in New York. For the most part this went well. There were to interviewers that were quite interesting. The first came into the interview with nothing but a pad of paper (no resume, no notes) and after some time asked me to diagram a technology process related to the role. I was a bit surprised at the ask but was able to (poorly) draw and diagram and discuss it. It was tough to read this interviewer. The last interviewer is probably best described as an attack dog. While seemingly pleasant, the interviewer kept picking on my limited/lack of experience as a supervisor/manager. The questioning on that was very repetitive and ultimately put a bad taste in my mouth and had me seriously considering not taking the role (if offered) based on that last interviewer.

A couple days later I was notified that I need to meet with HR and if I could do a phone interview. I provided my availability for a phone interview on a Friday but then Thursday evening was contacted saying the HR representative preferred to meet in person on Monday morning. I had to scramble and request time off from work but it all ended up working out and the HR representative was quite pleasant and it was clear from that meeting the role would be offered to me.

Received offer about a week later, took about 1.5-2 weeks to fully work out package and accept.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions were: (1) Draw a diagram, as you would for a technologist, explaining how systems would interact related to mobile device, firewalls, internal server and external servers. (2) Understanding your management/supervisory experience is limited, how would you manage?   Answer Question
    Received first offer and the base salary was a bit disappointing, but had a generous equity (stock) package. I was able to speak tot he US head of the group and get a revised offer both in base and equity.