TD Bank

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank.

Was flown to the interview in NJ. Company wanted me to make the 7 hour drive so they could save money. Interviewed with a couple managers who I don't think had very much interviewing experience. One was rigid but was more well liked of the two. The other one was abrupt and I could tell right away that I didn't want to work for him. The questions were rather easy, nothing too technical. Lasted about an hour or so. One left to make a business phone call. The rude one stayed and immediately wanted to discuss salary. Told him I needed to better understand the responsibilities of the role. Tried pressing me again for a dollar figure but I stood firm and didn't respond. Overall was an ok experience. The offer was very low considering the high rent area and that it was a VP level position. It was so low that it was almost an insult. Company knew I would have to relocate and was reluctant to offer any relocation assistance. In the end I was offered about half of what I would have to pay out of pocket to move even on a shoestring budget. I did not negotiate the salary or benefits. The offer and what I had in mind were way too far apart. So I thanked the company for the offer but that I would no longer pursue the opportunity because I had other things in the works. I did not elaborate but obviously my explanation was not good enough. They pressed me for more reasons why I wasn't accepting. My answer remained vague. Ended up speaking with a senior manager at the company later on and was chastised for being "unprofessional". That experience further validated my decision to reject their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a story to help convince me that I should hire you?   View Answer

Offer was well below market compared to other banks operating within the NYC/NJ market. I would be giving up more than I'd be getting.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in December 2014.

I had a phone screening first. And was then given options on what location was best for me to interview at. I didn't get the job so the HR lady sent me to two more branches and I got hired the last location.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about being a bank teller? (They want you to know that this is a selling position.

Have you handled cash before.

And they ask you situation questions. Give an example of a situation where you had a difficult customer. And how would you comfort customers if you had a long line ahead of you.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary but they offered something reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Apply online got email to set up in person interview. Alot of the boarding is done remotely by computer. You must get finger printed. Overall a pleasant interview. No online tests

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you did in your last job and how it correlates to what you would be doing here.
      Told about the company culture. uniform requirements etc....need copy of high school diploma

Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Submitted application online and was called by TD HR in about 3 hours (no joke). Had a phone interview on the spot and he passed my resume to the branch I applied to. 2 days later I got a call from the branch to have an interview the following week. Had my interview and the following week I was offered the position. The whole process was very fast for me. I must have applied at the perfect time.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 traits your current supervisor would say about you.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

I applied for the teller position through the company website; a few days later I received an email from a recruiter about a new store opening up that I applied to and proceeded to ask me questions about my availability, whether I want part time or full time, etc. I responded to her email and she scheduled me for a phone interview the following week.
    The phone interview was with the same recruiter who emailed me and she asked me my availability again, if I was going back to school and things of that nature. She also asked me the typical behavioral questions that anyone who has done retail can answer like when u had a difficult customer or if you couldn't give the customer what they wanted what did you do to ensure they return. If u pass that you then get scheduled for an in person interview with the store manager.
    The in person interview is very easy; they asked me alot about myself and what I do at my current job. They are more interested in you the person and what you can bring to the company. Just be very smiley, show you know what customer service entails and that you love working with others and you should be fine. Also please do your research on the company; the managers will ask you what you know about TD bank.
    Anyhoo I received an offer 3 business days later and start in July.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected if you have ever done a retail job or interview. I've done retail for 7 years so it was easy for me.   Answer Question
    I was offered 14$ per hour but it could be due to me working in Manhattan in NYC.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in May 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call with on the spot phone interview. Scheduled a 1:1 interview at one location. During the interview, he talked as though I had got the job but then I was told they were continuing to interview other candidates. Interviewed at a different location and kept being told that they had not reached a final decision. Still no word about the job so I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank in March 2014.

Why do you want to work here ? What do you know about TD Bank? How comfortable are you counting money ? The interview was easy and fun the hiring process was quick I did a phone interview, then I was sent to my location for a interview was asked to come in two weeks later to fill out paper work for the position

Interview Questions
    No negotiation during interview they disclose salary when you are accepted for the position

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in February 2014.

Online application. Contacted by HR about a week after. I was informed that they do not hire managers from the outside. They offer me a lower position with the idea of a possible promotion. I did not accepted. After 2 more weeks a different HR rep. contacted me to set an interview with a manager from a different branch. I was confused by the change of heart, however after the interview waited about 2 weeks until they contact me to set a new interview with area manager. The day they call me to set the interview I was not available. I returned the call after a few hours and no answer. The next day when I contacted them, the HR rep. who previously left a message to set the interview - claimed that he could not set a day yet. A few days after that I received a general email that I was not considered for the position. Lack of professionalism from their HR department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank.

Meet HR and then meet store manager. Easy interview process as long as you walk in with confidence and prepared. Questions are just based on why you would like to work for the company and what do you know about the company.

I did not negotiate because I am already grateful to obtain an offer being unemployed

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

2 interviews
    1 with HR, and the second was with the Manager and Asst. Managers of the branch.
    Interview was very easy. You just have to show that you're an energetic, positive, and fun person.

Non Negotiable