TD Bank

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied and heard back in less then a week, interview was your basic interview nothing out of the ordinary. Was told on the spot I had the job, and would hear from HR sometime the next week (interview was on a friday). HR set up my training and they worked around my schedule with my other job. Was on the teller line within about 2 weeks. took a little longer due to my other job.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the teller position through the company website; a few days later I received an email from a recruiter about a new store opening up that I applied to and proceeded to ask me questions about my availability, whether I want part time or full time, etc. I responded to her email and she scheduled me for a phone interview the following week.
The phone interview was with the same recruiter who emailed me and she asked me my availability again, if I was going back to school and things of that nature. She also asked me the typical behavioral questions that anyone who has done retail can answer like when u had a difficult customer or if you couldn't give the customer what they wanted what did you do to ensure they return. If u pass that you then get scheduled for an in person interview with the store manager.
The in person interview is very easy; they asked me alot about myself and what I do at my current job. They are more interested in you the person and what you can bring to the company. Just be very smiley, show you know what customer service entails and that you love working with others and you should be fine. Also please do your research on the company; the managers will ask you what you know about TD bank.
Anyhoo I received an offer 3 business days later and start in July.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected if you have ever done a retail job or interview. I've done retail for 7 years so it was easy for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 14$ per hour but it could be due to me working in Manhattan in NYC.

Riviera Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied monday, received phone call Tuesday from hr for phone interview, invited to 1:1 which I did with branch manager, was told they wanted to hire me because I was available anytime and possess plenty customer service experience but I had to first speak with head teller which was busy because they were under staffed. Said he would call me with time to speak to head teller......haven't received call....hoping because I would like to start working in my field and I love customers

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Very short interview, hired the next day

Interview Question – Wasnt asked many questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didnt need to

Glouster Landing, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview within 3 weeks phone then walk in interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult its the basic questions for any retail job.   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – Be personable. Know customer service and how to sell bank product (i.e. credit cards, checking and saving accounts)

Interview Question – sell me a credit card.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied through TD website. Contacted by HR a few weeks later by phone in order to select which location I would like. Interviewed by Store Manager and Asst. Store Manager. Answered some general questions. I recommend to bring a copy of your resume. They were very friendly and engaging. HR called to say that I was offered the job about two days later. Went to get fingerprinted and photographed. Then started training.

Interview Question – I had a history of switching between a lot of jobs within the last 12 months. They asked why and how can I assure them that if given the position, I would not just leave again.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
1 with HR, and the second was with the Manager and Asst. Managers of the branch.
Interview was very easy. You just have to show that you're an energetic, positive, and fun person.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about TD Bank and its values?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, HR Interview, and Branch Manager Interview. Takes about a 1 month and half to actually start work.

Interview Question – Nothing. Past experience, selling experience, and customer service experience   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company website and a few days later I was contacted by an HR representative. She basically screen through all the candidates before recommending them to the managers. She asked about what I do, where I went to school and if I had any cash handling experience. She also asked me why I chose TD Bank. Once she thought I was a qualified candidate she told me that she would tell the manager at the store that I am interested in the teller position. Later that day I received a call from the manager who asked to set up the interview. The interview was pretty easy, mainly behavioral questions. You can tell they really want to know what type of personality you have. A week later I received a call from the same HR representative saying the manager wanted to make and offer. I accepted the offer. Once I accepted you have to go through a lot of training and security clearance. They have you fingerprinted and credit checked. The teller training was three days at a "TD University", as well as many online course modules that you do in store. Once you complete all the required training you are then able to be on the floor and work. The whole process took a few weeks.

Interview Question – "What would you consider to be your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank Teller I interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.