TD Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.3

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

They were very friendly, they expect you to be outgoing and cheerful. They respond fast and HR is on point. They required cash and excellent customer service skills. The interview lasted for around an hour and i received a call of their decision the next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD Bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview

Longest interview process of the century. Be fully knowledgeable on the position including the banking industry. It is a bit biased because college student hold an edge over non college students, especially business students. Know enough about the position. It requires a sales background. You want to market yourself as an excellent sales abassador, of course top knotch customer service, ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!! And overall, just be youself. This is a job that requires you to have patience, so if you don't have it, it not for you. I thought I was a patient person until I worked for a bank, where customers act like they're in a zoo. There are also some of the most annoying co-workers and managers who dont know what the hell on earth they're doing. Its sad! Honestly, its not worth the money. Your safety, sanity, etc. noy worth it...

Interview Questions

• How would you sell so and so product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None! If you're not experienced, then take what is offered which is $11.00 to start.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Bank in March 2014.

Interview

I was called right away and given a meeting time within one week from the original call. The interview was a basic and typical job interview "what are you good at" "what is your weakness". Once I was offered the job, I had to wait 3 weeks to start and then was not fully trained for a month after that.

Interview Questions

• Once I was hired, no one knew what they were doing. The system was very disorganized and needs adjustments. The training process was unnecessarily long and a waste of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate. They said they would pay $13 and that's what I took.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter about two weeks later to set up an interview with the branch management. Got interviewed by a panel of three (Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and Teller Service Manager). Was impressed by the professional conduct and was asked quite a few challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• You are overqualified for this position. Why would you want it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got a call about a week after the interview by the same recruiter who called before and was offered an initial hourly rate of $13 which I happily accepted. I think I should have negotiated as now I know the initial rate can go up to $14.

Teller Interview

Interview

Very brief, they just wanted a person to speak chinese.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Bank (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call from an HR Rep and she interviewed me on the phone asking a few questions. Contacted me a few days later to let me know that I was invited back for an interview with the store managers. I went to the interview and then they let me know a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult. It was about an average interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Wasn't given a chance to.

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR department and then in store interview

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Interview

Wen to a career fair, they contacted me for a interview with the branch manager. got a call back to in interview with the head teller. Got called next week with an offer

Interview Questions

• why Td bank, Above an beyond, upset customer,routine questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

ALWAYS NEGOTIATE

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Bank in December 2012.

Interview

It was friendly, and seemed like everything is going well. But the process could be shorter and as long as you show that you really want the job you most likely will get it.

Interview Questions

• Answer each question with smile and don't forget to mention that you love working with people and team work!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Bank (Orange, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

The Hiring and Interviewing process was fairly quick and simple. I received a call back within two weeks of submitting application. The interview was very relaxed and simple.

Interview Questions

• There are question regarding the making of business goals, they were probably the most difficult to assess and answer.   Answer Question