TD Bank

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty simple, as long as you have a good interpersonal skill , clever and is good with money you will do well.

Interview Question – They ask to sell something which was kind if unexpected   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Longest interview process of the century. Be fully knowledgeable on the position including the banking industry. It is a bit biased because college student hold an edge over non college students, especially business students. Know enough about the position. It requires a sales background. You want to market yourself as an excellent sales abassador, of course top knotch customer service, ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!! And overall, just be youself. This is a job that requires you to have patience, so if you don't have it, it not for you. I thought I was a patient person until I worked for a bank, where customers act like they're in a zoo. There are also some of the most annoying co-workers and managers who dont know what the hell on earth they're doing. Its sad! Honestly, its not worth the money. Your safety, sanity, etc. noy worth it...

Interview Question – How would you sell so and so product?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None! If you're not experienced, then take what is offered which is $11.00 to start.

Very Easy Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR Rep by phone a few days after I submitted my online application. I was invited for a group interview, which was TD Bank essentially presenting themselves to the potential employees. After the group interview, which was more of an information session, the 10 or so attendees were invited for 1:1 interviews with individual branch managers. I went on two interviews at two different branches and was offered positions at both.

Interview Question – This interview was so long ago, that I don't really remember the interview questions. Since none of them stand out to me, I can assume that the questions were't out of the ordinary or particularly difficult. More than anything, they want to know that you have excellent cutover service skills and will maintain a positive attitude. They also want to know you are comfortable selling things. For example, if you come from retail, they want to know if you offer customers the store credit card. They want to know if you were ever "shouted out" on customer surveys.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have much experience in banking, and I wasn't making much at my previous retail job, I took the first amount they offered.

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from an HR Rep and she interviewed me on the phone asking a few questions. Contacted me a few days later to let me know that I was invited back for an interview with the store managers. I went to the interview and then they let me know a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult. It was about an average interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Wasn't given a chance to.

Ramsey, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – - Must place resume online
- contacted by HR rep who will give immediate phone interview
- If phone interview goes well invited to come in to speak for formal interview with same HR rep
--Then interview with branch supervisors/managers

Interview Question – - Why do you want to became a...
-Why do you think you would be good at ...
- Do you mind cross-selling products
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They generally just tell you your base pay. If you wish to negotiate you must state it after offer is given.

Orange, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2012.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interviewing process was fairly quick and simple. I received a call back within two weeks of submitting application. The interview was very relaxed and simple.

Interview Question – There are question regarding the making of business goals, they were probably the most difficult to assess and answer.   Answer Question

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Very brief, they just wanted a person to speak chinese.

Interview Question – All typical questions   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – It was friendly, and seemed like everything is going well. But the process could be shorter and as long as you show that you really want the job you most likely will get it.

Interview Question – Answer each question with smile and don't forget to mention that you love working with people and team work!   Answer Question

Interviewed at TD Bank

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR department and then in store interview

Interview Question – How would you react to an irate customer?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Wen to a career fair, they contacted me for a interview with the branch manager. got a call back to in interview with the head teller. Got called next week with an offer

Interview Question – why Td bank, Above an beyond, upset customer,routine questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ALWAYS NEGOTIATE

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank Teller interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.