TD Bank

143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online to multiple CSR and FSR positions. Waited 3 weeks, from initial application, to hear from the HR rep. They asked me general questions about my interest in the position/company, what I knew about the job, and asked me salary requirements. I was then given a personality trait test online. After the results were submitted, I was contacted again by the recruiter and we scheduled an interview with the store manager within the next 2 days.
The interview with the store manager included introducing myself to the store employees and a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. Questions revolved around prior work experiences and how my skills would transfer to the FSR position. The manager gave information about the expectations of the FSR and their role within the team. I was asked for my salary requirements and my availability.
The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the FSMM, which would be the following day. The interview questions revolved around my experiences and what is expected of the FSR within the branch.
After the call I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The interview included more challenging questions and questions about past work experiences. Was told by the regional manager that the team (recruiter, store manager, FSMM, and regional manager) would be making a decision over the next week and would let me know either way if I was going to move forward or not.
After 5 days I received a call from the recruiter and was offered the job and began the on-boarding process.

Overall the interview process was good. Everyone I met or had spoken to was very professional and friendly. The interview process will definitely weed out anybody who isn't serious about the job, or anyone who would not be a great fit for the position/company.
The time between initial application to first contact is very spaced out. If you were applying to other jobs, you may have gotten interviews or job offers before TD had even made first contact. Also between the recruiter and all the members of management that you have to meet with, there is a lot of back and fourth communication. I would recommend keeping your phone on you at all times.

Interview Question – In your prior job in sales, where you worked independently to achieve your goals, and now transitioning into a team orientated environment; How will you adapt to the new environment to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary or any benefits.

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough and friendly. HR did not do a great job of identifying the process, but the hiring manager was very knowledgeable and open to questions.

Interview Question – Based on your background, why are you applying for this role instead of a position in a different department. I thought this question was not appropriate. I was converting from a contract role and had opted not to post for other roles. The interviewer claimed they were open to people moving around, but this question implied otherwise.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary did not match what was intitially discussed.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at TD Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details – Most protracted and least organized interview process I have ever been a party to. Having worked in human resources and conducted many interviews myself I am probably a bit more sensitive to these things than most, but it doesn't take expertise to recognize that bringing a candidate in 4 separate times within 6 business days to accommodate "Travel schedules", and having that candidate wait an average of over an hour past the scheduled interview time on 3 of 4 of those occasions, is absurdly unprofessional. Interviewers also made multiple inconsistent claims about the company's policies, culture, and ultimately the hiring schedule itself.

Interview Question – Which part of your work do you like least   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Teller I

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied and heard back in less then a week, interview was your basic interview nothing out of the ordinary. Was told on the spot I had the job, and would hear from HR sometime the next week (interview was on a friday). HR set up my training and they worked around my schedule with my other job. Was on the teller line within about 2 weeks. took a little longer due to my other job.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Lansdale, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Met with store manager and assistant store manager. They asked several standard questions but basically asked why I chose this company and this position. I felt I answered the questions well and left with a positive feeling.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Teller I
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the teller position through the company website; a few days later I received an email from a recruiter about a new store opening up that I applied to and proceeded to ask me questions about my availability, whether I want part time or full time, etc. I responded to her email and she scheduled me for a phone interview the following week.
The phone interview was with the same recruiter who emailed me and she asked me my availability again, if I was going back to school and things of that nature. She also asked me the typical behavioral questions that anyone who has done retail can answer like when u had a difficult customer or if you couldn't give the customer what they wanted what did you do to ensure they return. If u pass that you then get scheduled for an in person interview with the store manager.
The in person interview is very easy; they asked me alot about myself and what I do at my current job. They are more interested in you the person and what you can bring to the company. Just be very smiley, show you know what customer service entails and that you love working with others and you should be fine. Also please do your research on the company; the managers will ask you what you know about TD bank.
Anyhoo I received an offer 3 business days later and start in July.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected if you have ever done a retail job or interview. I've done retail for 7 years so it was easy for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 14$ per hour but it could be due to me working in Manhattan in NYC.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – It wasnt that hard just keep talking about customer service, go in detail etc. They let you knoe on the phone interview if you proceed to the next step or not

Financial Services Representative I Interview

Financial Services Representative I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through main website and was contacted by telephone a few weeks later. I scheduled my first interview later that week. Once I passed the first round, the next interview was with the Regional Manager. Was offered the job on the spot.

As long as you present yourself in a professional manner and understand the fact that you are applying for the leading sales role in the store, you should be okay.

Interview Question – Name a time where you broke the rules.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was more than I expected so no need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two managers interview you, First manager then group manager. It takes about 30 minutes.
You will be asked what you will do in certain scenario. What you bring to the Table in terms of strengths. What are your weaknesses. They will ask you about schedule preferences of scheduling.

Negotiation Details – None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – On-line application only. Then they call for a group interview. After you do a Branch interview at the location you could be working. Both were fairly easy going. If you are hired, there is two weeks of training at TDU, which is easy. The do a background check, and your sent somewhere to get your thumb prints and a drug test.

Interview Question – "What would make you and asset to the company?" and "What are some of your faults?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They are firm on their starting pay and schedule.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Bank

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank interview questions and advice in United States. All 143 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.