TD Bank

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employee of TD and immediately received an interview. The hiring manager was very unprofessional and reacted to interview responses negatively. Very typical structured interview to be expected by a big five bank. Both the branch manager and csr manager were present.

Interview Question – What was a customer issue that you solved in the past at your own discresion?   Answer Question

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in April 2014.

Interview Details – I first got a phone interview and after a few days later I received a call from the branch. I got 2 round of branch interview with all the managers.

Interview Question – (1) Sell me the pen.
(2) What will you do if your parents want you to quit?
  Answer Question

Small Business Manager Interview

Small Business Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One causal face to face meeting with the area recruiter and one panel interview with 4 TD branch managers.

Interview Question – they asked do I believe in insurance I was asked to explain why in detail and tried to sell them an insurance product.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – First, you have to apply through their online website and wait for them to contact you (they don't just take paper applications).
I got a call a few weeks after applying to schedule a time for a phone interview with a HR rep. During the phone interview, they first ask questions about what hours you're available for etc. Then, they ask some behavioral questions like what you did in such and such a situation... Basically the interview is only about 15-20mins.

Interview Question – The hardest question was something like how you would best serve the customers interests and promote products to them.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in July 2013.

Interview Details – Saw an opening for the CSR position and submitted an application online. Was contacted shortly (within a week) through a phone call to schedule an interview. The interview took place three weeks after the phone call. It was a panel interview including the branch manager, and the customer service managers. They try to challenge any scenarios you provide.

Interview Question – What suggestions would you make to your previous employer to improve the customer service at his/her company and why   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – received an email about personality questionnaires, after a week, received a phone call to schedule an phone interview. At the same day after the phone interview, received a invitation of in-person interview from a branch which scheduled a week after.

Interview Question – Why TD?
What is exceptional customer service?
What is your 5 yrs goal?
Give an example of exceed sale target.
  Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at TD Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call from HR two weeks later. Arranged a phone interview the following week , and then a group interview with other 11 candidates, passed to next round and got a face to face interview with 2 branch managers.

Interview Question – Presentation during group interview   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail 3 days later to take the questionnaire. Once it was finished, got a phone call to set up a phone interview. Interview was scheduled a week later. Interview questions were pretty much same as other people stated. Behavioral questions, like describe an experience on team conflicts, describe an experience when you exceeded your goal. About 3 weeks later, got a phone call to have a interview at the branch in the area I wanted. Tomorrow I have an interview.

Interview Question – What is it like to be proactive   View Answer

Customer Services Representative I Interview

Customer Services Representative I
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – first phone interview, then panel interview or group interview. The phone interivew is pretty easy just answer typical questions like briefly introduce yourself, what is your strength, what TD attracts you, tell me an example that you handle customer complain, why did you leave your last position, etc

Interview Question – sell me this pen   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TD Bank in February 2008.

Interview Details – Asked about previous experience, customer service experience. Gave me an online examination on ethics and behavioral questions. Ask about what teams I have been a part of, how I acted within the group, and if there were any team conflicts and how they were resolved. Asked about sales experience as well.

Interview Question – Asked about a situation when I had a problem with a customer how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Bank interview questions and advice in Vancouver, BC. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Bank employees and interview candidates.