TD Canada Trust Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

It was a lengthy process, although I did get hired during the 2008-2009 recession. Applied in October 2008, initial phone interview and computer test in January 2009, in person interview in February 2009, training in May 2009 and placement in June 2009. Interviewer was very pleasant, standard behavioural style interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to bend the rules for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TD Canada Trust

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

You apply online then someone from Hr contacts you. You have to do a personality Test, then you go into Head Office downtown and do the typical interview questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Applied through posting online, contacted by email to complete a survey, then an in-person interview at a branch.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Sat down for a panel interview - asked about how situations were handled, got a call the next day and was offered position

No negotiation - start at base salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

First had a phone pre-screen interview, a week later I had an in-person interview at a branch with two people. One was reading questions from a screen to me while the other was typing my answers as I was speaking. The questions were generic; tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what attracted you to TD etc. Then came the behavioral customer service questions like, tell us about a time when you dealt with an angry customer, what was the result? etc

Interview Questions
    • What have you identified as your greatest weakness, and what are you planning to do in the future to rectify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in January 2014.

Submitted application in person, 2 branch interviews, personality test

Non negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in January 2014.

Employee referral, I was contacted within a few weeks by HR for a preliminary phone interview which consisted of mainly behavioural questions followed by a personality aptitude test completed online. Received positive feedback and was told I would be contacted when a position on my desired region became available. I continued to apply to open positions online for the next 3 months, eventually I was contacted to set up a face to face interview at a local branch. I was interviewed by two managers simultaneously, the interview was essentially identical to the previous phone interview in terms of question content. Was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fault and how to you mitigate it?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

First contact was made with the manager of customer service, who I gave my resume to. I received a call back about two weeks later from the same lady asking me to come in for the interview. Upon arriving at the interview many people form the branch introduced themselves to me and made me feel very welcomed, asking me about myself and also answering any questions I may have had. The interview was very professional, with a line of questions pertaining to myself, my experiences, and of course what I can provide for the team. After the interview I received a call back one week later saying I got the job and ever since then I have been working with a young group of energetic peers looking to make a difference.

Interview Questions
    • The question was: What defines a legendary customer experience to you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

I was hired in 1984 and came with sound knowledge from another institution. I was hired after a quick interview with the manager. I worked for several years in this position then moved up the assistant manager in the banks administration office. After a huge lay off in 1997 I left Td and went to another institution for 2 years. I returned part-time to Td Canada trust when a Manager approached me to come back to Td as a part-time CSR.

Interview Questions
    • At Td Canada trust they want sales oriented staff and you have to have the mind set to realize the goals which are to be met   Answer Question

Phone interview first.