TD Canada Trust

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very typical questions.."tell me about yourself" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?".
There are no questions that require much thinking...

Negotiation Details – Despite what they tell you, each branch pays a little differently.
They are given a range and the branch manager is the one who decides how much you get paid (even though they will deny this)

Interviewed at TD Canada Trust

Interview Details – Hiring depended on manager of the branch. Most worked their way up the "corporate ladder". First step was to be hired on as a teller and work your way through the ranks. Even for a job at head office in HR you are expected to work your way up through the positions. There was no change in this even with university HR education and HR experience.

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Interview Details – slow but only one interview and a decision

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – huge company, therefore very strict HR guidelines and little wiggle room

Gatineau, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Interview Details – First i applied online. Followed by a phone interview and a in person interview. I had the chance to meet my recruiter at a job fair, and I received my phone interview shortly after.

Interview Question – Know the company, its values, vision, ect.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in June 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process started with an online survey which tested your attention to detail.
Second step was a telephone interview that was mostly situational questions and little about yourself.
Third interview was face-to-face with the Branch Manager and was very similar to the telephone interview.

Interview Question – Why not work for RBC or Scotia?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...take it or leave it.

Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in March 2012.

Interview Details – AS a student in the practice in HR, I was able to maintain calm, and provide appropriate solutions to the general questions that may have been asked.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you excelled in a situation, and explain how you excelled, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i wasnt able to negotiate the hourly wage, didnt even give me an oppertunity

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in June 2010.

Interview Details – Already worked for TD Bank prior and had the skills and experience to become FSR. Got the job due to good sales result from past job.

Interview Question – How would you delegate your work if you go on vacation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Canada Trust

Worked for TD Canada Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TD Canada Trust Financial Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by TD Canada Trust employees and interview candidates.