TD Canada Trust Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in March 2014.

The interview process was good. A little bit long, when you are stressed to get the job... During my interview, there was two persons, the Branch manager and the financial advisor. The two persons ask me some question. The atmosphere was amcial and I wasn't stressed.

Other Interview Reviews for TD Canada Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2012.

Internal interview - asked what I liked about sales, my sales experience, my financial background, what I knew about products and services, how I would reach my goals etc.

Phone Interview - Got Shortlisted

Interview Questions
    • Where do i see myself in the organization in the next 3 & 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in September 2011.

Very typical questions.."tell me about yourself" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?".
    There are no questions that require much thinking...

Despite what they tell you, each branch pays a little differently.
    They are given a range and the branch manager is the one who decides how much you get paid (even though they will deny this)

Financial Services Representative Interview

Hiring depended on manager of the branch. Most worked their way up the "corporate ladder". First step was to be hired on as a teller and work your way through the ranks. Even for a job at head office in HR you are expected to work your way up through the positions. There was no change in this even with university HR education and HR experience.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

slow but only one interview and a decision

Interview Questions
    huge company, therefore very strict HR guidelines and little wiggle room

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gatineau, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

First i applied online. Followed by a phone interview and a in person interview. I had the chance to meet my recruiter at a job fair, and I received my phone interview shortly after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in June 2012.

Hiring process started with an online survey which tested your attention to detail.
    Second step was a telephone interview that was mostly situational questions and little about yourself.
    Third interview was face-to-face with the Branch Manager and was very similar to the telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation...take it or leave it.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in March 2012.

AS a student in the practice in HR, I was able to maintain calm, and provide appropriate solutions to the general questions that may have been asked.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you excelled in a situation, and explain how you excelled, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    i wasnt able to negotiate the hourly wage, didnt even give me an oppertunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in June 2010.

Already worked for TD Bank prior and had the skills and experience to become FSR. Got the job due to good sales result from past job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you delegate your work if you go on vacation?   Answer Question

Worked for TD Canada Trust? Contribute to the Community!