TD Canada Trust

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

walked into the branch with my resume and asked to speak to the hiring manager. After a brief introduction and look through my resume, she said she would call to set up an interview.
    There were 2 managers in the interview - asked the standard questions:
    - what are your strengths/what are your weaknesses
    - how would your friends describe you
    - give us a time when you had to deal with a difficult client
    - why do you want to work at TD
    - what does great customer service mean to you/ can you define it

Interview Questions
    • nothing unusual or unexpected, although they did ask for another weakness after I had just mentioned one, which I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed by only the manager of customer service. Sometimes it depends on the branch whether there's going to be more than one interviewer. The branch was busy when I came in for my interview and so the other senior staff/ managers couldn't sit in for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any most difficult or unexpected question. All the questions focused on customer service scenarios - how you'd deal with certain situations (e.g.: deal with difficult customers), how do you go above and beyond to satisfy a customer? They were all inter-related.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

After my first short meeting with the manager where I handed in my resume. I was contacted for my first interview. The interview was well administered however the interviewers were stressed as it was their first time running an interview session. I expected to be interviewed with a well-experienced senior executive with who I could have the chance to establish better rapport based on my administrative and executive background. I was pretty satisfied with the interview in general and they handled their new experience well.

Interview Questions
    • "what sales strategies will you employ to increase your sales in CSR position?"   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2014.

I had applied online through the TD Canada Trust Careers page for a while and finally got an email asking me to do an online personality quiz. The instructions said it'd take only 30minutes, but after going through every question thoroughly it ended up taking 1.5hrs! I received a phone call from the HR department a couple days later asking me for a phone interview. The phone call lasted about 35minutes and was a behavioural interview. The interviewer let me know that she would forward my profile to branches that fit my location needs and that I should expect a call within 1-2 weeks, and if nothing happened within that time to reach out to her for the next step. Two days later I received a call from the Customer Service Representative Manager at a branch to set up a face-to-face interview three days later. The interview was with two managers and was a mix of behavioural interview questions as well as questions like "Why TD?, Where do you see yourself in five years?...". The interview lasted about an hour fifteen minutes and was very pleasant. I asked a couple questions about the customer experience index, career advancements opportunities at TD, and what type of sales goals and incentives there are. I was told to expect a call by the end of the week and received a call the next evening with an offer. I'm extremely excited to be starting a career with TD!

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2014.

1. Apply online
    2. Receive a call from HR to do an online-assessment
    3. Next day, receive a call to set up a phone interview, 15-25 minutes phone interview
    4. A week after, receive a call from a specific branch to do an in-person interview. (1 or 2 interviews, depends on different branches)
    5. Next day, HR called me with an offer
    6. Background and criminal check which takes 10 business days.

- Whole process took 3 weeks, could be longer.

Interview Questions
    • -Self introduction
      -Why TD
      -Career plan in 5 years
      -Some behaviors questions, you give examples based on your sales and customer service experience

Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied in person, then online, filled out a questionnaire, 1 round of interviews, 3 person panel, behavioral questions, focus on customer services and sales, took about 2 weeks to hear back. The whole experience was very formal and but it was nice not having to do multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

1. They receive your online application
    2. They give a call and do a pre-screen
    3. They send an assessment
    4. They could choose to set up a phone interview OR proceed to an in person interview
    5. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • It really varies....but the one I found that was unexpected was "Can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer you had to deal with and how you used your skills to successfully overcome the problem they had?”   View Answer
    I was told I was moving up to the next step. (Whatever it is, not sure, still waiting)

BI Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in August 2014.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, then onsite technical interview with a hiring manager and other department manager.
    This step dealt exclusively on my technical background and experience with delivering complete BI solutions .
    It was immediately clear to me after the second interview that the company was very conservative where it comes to IT. The impression i got was that you will not be exposed to Cutting edge IT technologies so that was a concern to me working with technology that was out-dated. Nevertheless I cautiously proceeded to the final interview with AVP which was geared towards personality and managerial skills required to do a good job. A lot of behavioural questions, the usual. Overall not a difficult interview process for me.

Interview Questions

The offer was a quite a bit below my researched market rate for an experienced BI professional moving to a managerial role. Apparently this is common with Banking institutions.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TD Canada Trust in August 2014.

Through a hiring eventi, Interviewed by two managers at August 2014, was told somebody will contact later. Followed up three times: two emails and one voicemail. Then after a month, received an email to finish an online assessment......

Interview Questions
    • Looks like you are overqualified, why you are here for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Referred by a current TD employee. And got a telephone interview. Did online assessment and interviewed with the branch manager and the manager of customer service.Referred by a current TD employee. And got a telephone interview. Did online assessment and interviewed with the branch manager and the manager of customer service.