TD Canada Trust

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

walked into the branch with my resume and asked to speak to the hiring manager. After a brief introduction and look through my resume, she said she would call to set up an interview.
    There were 2 managers in the interview - asked the standard questions:
    - what are your strengths/what are your weaknesses
    - how would your friends describe you
    - give us a time when you had to deal with a difficult client
    - why do you want to work at TD
    - what does great customer service mean to you/ can you define it

Interview Questions
    • nothing unusual or unexpected, although they did ask for another weakness after I had just mentioned one, which I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

I dropped off my resume and cover letter to the nearest TD bank from my house and asked for an interview in about a week. After an interview they asked me to do online assessment and then the result came out in about 2 weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
      Role Play: Sell me pens.
      How do you keep yourself motivated?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was called in for an interview with the manager. Walked in, very friendly staff, the manager was very cool. The type of questions they ask you for a CSR position is going to be all behavioural. If the managers like you, they will forward your resume to HR and from there, HR will ask you to do an online screening process. I suppose if you pass that, HR will decide if you are hire or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in December 2014.

The hiring and interview process with TD is pretty straight forward. You go through 3 stages, phone call interview, interview with MCR at Bank, then interview with branch manager. Most question are behavioural, some situational questions. The banks more gauge how you are as a person, are you approachable? likeable? good CS skills. The ONE thing you must know, in order to get into banks, for the most part, you have to know someone to get you in. A lot of the new hires or previous people I spoke with all knew someone who had gotten them into the position. Connections are the real deal. Not to say a person cannot get in otherwise, but it does make things significantly easier.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed by only the manager of customer service. Sometimes it depends on the branch whether there's going to be more than one interviewer. The branch was busy when I came in for my interview and so the other senior staff/ managers couldn't sit in for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any most difficult or unexpected question. All the questions focused on customer service scenarios - how you'd deal with certain situations (e.g.: deal with difficult customers), how do you go above and beyond to satisfy a customer? They were all inter-related.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

After my first short meeting with the manager where I handed in my resume. I was contacted for my first interview. The interview was well administered however the interviewers were stressed as it was their first time running an interview session. I expected to be interviewed with a well-experienced senior executive with who I could have the chance to establish better rapport based on my administrative and executive background. I was pretty satisfied with the interview in general and they handled their new experience well.

Interview Questions
    • "what sales strategies will you employ to increase your sales in CSR position?"   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2014.

1. Apply online
    2. Receive a call from HR to do an online-assessment
    3. Next day, receive a call to set up a phone interview, 15-25 minutes phone interview
    4. A week after, receive a call from a specific branch to do an in-person interview. (1 or 2 interviews, depends on different branches)
    5. Next day, HR called me with an offer
    6. Background and criminal check which takes 10 business days.

- Whole process took 3 weeks, could be longer.

Interview Questions
    • -Self introduction
      -Why TD
      -Career plan in 5 years
      -Some behaviors questions, you give examples based on your sales and customer service experience

Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2014.

I had applied online through the TD Canada Trust Careers page for a while and finally got an email asking me to do an online personality quiz. The instructions said it'd take only 30minutes, but after going through every question thoroughly it ended up taking 1.5hrs! I received a phone call from the HR department a couple days later asking me for a phone interview. The phone call lasted about 35minutes and was a behavioural interview. The interviewer let me know that she would forward my profile to branches that fit my location needs and that I should expect a call within 1-2 weeks, and if nothing happened within that time to reach out to her for the next step. Two days later I received a call from the Customer Service Representative Manager at a branch to set up a face-to-face interview three days later. The interview was with two managers and was a mix of behavioural interview questions as well as questions like "Why TD?, Where do you see yourself in five years?...". The interview lasted about an hour fifteen minutes and was very pleasant. I asked a couple questions about the customer experience index, career advancements opportunities at TD, and what type of sales goals and incentives there are. I was told to expect a call by the end of the week and received a call the next evening with an offer. I'm extremely excited to be starting a career with TD!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied in person, then online, filled out a questionnaire, 1 round of interviews, 3 person panel, behavioral questions, focus on customer services and sales, took about 2 weeks to hear back. The whole experience was very formal and but it was nice not having to do multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at TD Canada Trust.

1. They receive your online application
    2. They give a call and do a pre-screen
    3. They send an assessment
    4. They could choose to set up a phone interview OR proceed to an in person interview
    5. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • It really varies....but the one I found that was unexpected was "Can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer you had to deal with and how you used your skills to successfully overcome the problem they had?”   View Answer
    I was told I was moving up to the next step. (Whatever it is, not sure, still waiting)