TD Canada Trust Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in August 2014.

Through a hiring eventi, Interviewed by two managers at August 2014, was told somebody will contact later. Followed up three times: two emails and one voicemail. Then after a month, received an email to finish an online assessment......

Interview Questions
    • Looks like you are overqualified, why you are here for this position?   Answer Question

BI Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in August 2014.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, then onsite technical interview with a hiring manager and other department manager.
    This step dealt exclusively on my technical background and experience with delivering complete BI solutions .
    It was immediately clear to me after the second interview that the company was very conservative where it comes to IT. The impression i got was that you will not be exposed to Cutting edge IT technologies so that was a concern to me working with technology that was out-dated. Nevertheless I cautiously proceeded to the final interview with AVP which was geared towards personality and managerial skills required to do a good job. A lot of behavioural questions, the usual. Overall not a difficult interview process for me.

Interview Questions

The offer was a quite a bit below my researched market rate for an experienced BI professional moving to a managerial role. Apparently this is common with Banking institutions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied in person, then online, filled out a questionnaire, 1 round of interviews, 3 person panel, behavioral questions, focus on customer services and sales, took about 2 weeks to hear back. The whole experience was very formal and but it was nice not having to do multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Td Canada Trust Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

1. They receive your online application
    2. They give a call and do a pre-screen
    3. They send an assessment
    4. They could choose to set up a phone interview OR proceed to an in person interview
    5. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • It really varies....but the one I found that was unexpected was "Can you give me an example of a particularly difficult customer you had to deal with and how you used your skills to successfully overcome the problem they had?”   View Answer
    I was told I was moving up to the next step. (Whatever it is, not sure, still waiting)

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in March 2014.

The interview process was good. A little bit long, when you are stressed to get the job... During my interview, there was two persons, the Branch manager and the financial advisor. The two persons ask me some question. The atmosphere was amcial and I wasn't stressed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Referred by a current TD employee. And got a telephone interview. Did online assessment and interviewed with the branch manager and the manager of customer service.Referred by a current TD employee. And got a telephone interview. Did online assessment and interviewed with the branch manager and the manager of customer service.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Waiting for phone interview ...Online assessment done on Jun 11/2014..I haven't got any phone interview yet..get u back once I got it.... Is there any questions you know about this job so i can prepare myself..or what kind of question we should ask to them ...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in January 2014.

Employee referral, I was contacted within a few weeks by HR for a preliminary phone interview which consisted of mainly behavioural questions followed by a personality aptitude test completed online. Received positive feedback and was told I would be contacted when a position on my desired region became available. I continued to apply to open positions online for the next 3 months, eventually I was contacted to set up a face to face interview at a local branch. I was interviewed by two managers simultaneously, the interview was essentially identical to the previous phone interview in terms of question content. Was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fault and how to you mitigate it?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in October 2012.

Internal interview - asked what I liked about sales, my sales experience, my financial background, what I knew about products and services, how I would reach my goals etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in June 2012.

The typical process to get an interview from this company is submitting your resume and cover letter at the Career Opportunities web page. There will be questionnaires you'll answer but after that, you wait for a call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit about our company   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase for pay.

Worked for TD Canada Trust? Contribute to the Community!