TD Canada Trust

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in April 2013.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview, then got asked to come in for a 1-1 interview, yet there was 3 people waiting for me in the office

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate my salary, they never really cared about that, never brought it up again and I gave up on trying to ask for a higher salary

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very typical questions.."tell me about yourself" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?".
There are no questions that require much thinking...

Negotiation Details – Despite what they tell you, each branch pays a little differently.
They are given a range and the branch manager is the one who decides how much you get paid (even though they will deny this)

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Interview Details – Sat down for a panel interview - asked about how situations were handled, got a call the next day and was offered position

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - start at base salary

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application in person, 2 branch interviews, personality test

Interview Question – None, all behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Teller Interview

Teller
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview for 20 minutes and interview for 15 minutes.

Interview Question – What is the definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust.

Interview Details – First had a phone pre-screen interview, a week later I had an in-person interview at a branch with two people. One was reading questions from a screen to me while the other was typing my answers as I was speaking. The questions were generic; tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what attracted you to TD etc. Then came the behavioral customer service questions like, tell us about a time when you dealt with an angry customer, what was the result? etc

Interview Question – What have you identified as your greatest weakness, and what are you planning to do in the future to rectify it?   Answer Question

Easyline Specialist Interview

Easyline Specialist
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on td career site - phone interview -online test - in person interview

Interview Question – (All question listed below were not the exact question,but those were what I've been asked.)
Phone interview: 1. what do you thing is great customer service? 2. what do you know abt TD? 3.Do you have any sales experience? 4. How was your sales experience and how was it evaluate from your company ? 5. Give me an example how to make a successful sale and how you handle customer's objection? 5. Why you choose TD? 6. what do you think is important in your manager? 7. What do you think for a company to value your hard work?

Online test: 1. simulation test (test how well you can handle the call center job by paying attention to the example provided to you, test your simply calcution skill and typing skill and selling and sercie skill ) 2. Assessment . this is where you need to be patient. you need to give rating to many words / sentences that apply to you. These main test your personality and where your answer is CONSISTENT.

In-person interview: (you have to give example or story to answer these questions) 1. How to provide great customer service ? 2. Give a story when you successfully sell or cross sell the product or service 3. How do you handle if you manager has advice on your performance 4.How do youcontribute to your team? 5. if you management changed, what do you do to adjust yourself for that? etc..
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accpeted happily because I really want to work for TD.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in July 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through my aunt who works there. The Branch Manager called me in and interviewed me. It was standard BDI questions like "tell me about a time when you....had a difficult client interaction/ had to solve a problem/ had to go above and beyond.... etc". He asked me about my previous work experience and why I left the jobs I had worked for before.

Interview Question – What is it about this position that interests you the most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. Being in university, the hourly wage was more than minimum wage, and that's all I was looking for.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TD Canada Trust in January 2014.

Interview Details – My experience with interviewing has been far reaching and worldwide. I have worked as a consultant for over 15 banks and terminology does not necessarily cross countries although it is getting more common. I have never worked in Canada so I think I may have been at a disadvantage as far as the common terms used in the banks here.
Also Canada is so far behind the world of working from home, and truly needs to come into the 21 century. I have had many contracts working from home very successfully. With technology the way it is - all the processes and timekeeping can be utilized to ensure work is being performed.

Interview Question – The hardest question was the one that was not asked. We started a conversation about the reconciliation points required for new payments and that lead to an interesting progression. The right question asked in the first place would have led to a smoother transfer of information.   Answer Question

Mobile Mortgage Specialist Interview

Mobile Mortgage Specialist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed at TD Canada Trust in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a mortgage specialist. We met the Sales Manager over lunch for an initial face to face meeting. After that I had two formal interviews, part of which was presenting a 45 day business plan. The process also includes a background/financial check.

Interview Question – Roll playing....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $15,000 sign on bonus which is the norm. I knew this going in and was content with the amount.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TD Canada Trust