TD Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

TD Bank Summer Interview

Interview

Walk me through your resume. After walking through your resume they asked for your skills. Tell me about your major. What are your strengths, ect. Also, be prepared to talk about commercial banking.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Portland, ME) in February 2012.

Interview

I was first phone screened, which took about an hour and was a very well done interview/screening. It was completed by an out of state HR department. My in person interview was scheduled a few weeks later and when I arrived the interviewer wasn't there and no one had called to tell me that she'd called out of work due to weather. The remainder of the interview process went much the same way.

Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview is a telephone interview, which consisted of the HR rep just asking some general questions and breifing you on the position.
    The second interview is a group interview, which consisted of the HR rep explaining the job and the interview process.
    The third interview is a one-one with a supervisor in the call center. She/he asks you some general questions and asks you how "Wow" you are.
    Then if you are offered the job, the HR rep will call you in a few days.
    You have to complete a drug test and a background check, which also consisted of being finger printed.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy. There were no trick questions   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

long and alot of back and forth..finally was offered the position and did a background and drug test

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Marlton, NJ) in September 2007.

Interview

I applied online and the manager called, inviting me to an interview at a local branch. I dressed in formal business attire, and did a 1 on 1 interview with the branch manager. She reviewed my resume and asked me basic fit questions. I was hired on-the-spot after this first interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Commerce Bank?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Went via agency for interview that was set up for me. Met with the panel of 3 persons plus one called in. None of that was expected but I am ok with panel interviews. Most of their questions relied around very specific skill set which were clearly not on my resume (business knowledge wise), the ask was for Project manager, senior with banking background in wholesale/capital markets, not in private wealth management. I answered all the soft skills answers and situational ones, but was a tad confused by some of the other specifics. It's almost as if all the panel board was not exactly on the same page of what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have expert knowledge in private wealth management   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank.

Interview

If they are interested in hiring you based on your online application they will call you and do a short phone interview. If they are still interested after that they will set up like a pre employment orientation at the regional TDU (TD University) and tell you about all the opportunities they have available and a little bit of what you can expect from the company. If you are still interested after that they will schedule you for an interview for your first choice of "store" ( do NOT call them branches) / position thats available. My first interview took around 45 minutes and they asked me a lot of questions about my strengths and weaknesses, why I'm interested in TD, my long term goals, they really make sure you feel 200% compfortable selling the customers products ( which is good because if you get hired they care more about your sales than CWI-customer wow index). I didn't get hired at that store but they called HR and told them to let me interview at a second location because they did like me. My second interview was shorter but a lot of the same substance. Be prepared to have almost every employee that will work above you at the store in your interview. I had 5 people interviewing me the second time.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to role play a product selling scenario with them on the spot before you have any product knowledge.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly,gave a lot of info about the job, but asked a lot questions about my personal life, such as what sports I play, that did not pertain at all to the job.I am a very private person, and I have a hidden disability from an accident that limits my sports activity, of course I did want to go into that, and did not follow up because I lost interest in the job and the company following the interview.After a several non job questions-sports, TV shows, sports, hobbies, etc, I said to the interviewer that I was not sure what she was getting at, that I didint have any outside activities that would prevent me from coming to work, but she kept pushing. I have had bosses too involved in my personal life before and I do NOT like that.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in February 2011.

Interview

very laid back interview

Interview Questions

• what is your salary requirment   1 Answer
    • what is your responsibility as a csr   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter to interview for an ask me to interview for an assistant manager position. Was there for two hours manager seemed like we made a match. Never got call to be told what happen.