TD Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank.

Interview

No surprises, Easy questions, They want to see how well you fit in with their culture and see if you are knowledgeable. If you are able to hold a conversation and engage them as to why you are the best fit for that position you are applying for, you will be fine.

Head Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank.

Interview

I was internal, so It was a little bit easier. HR sends you some questions regarding your performance. Once emailed back they will schedule a time for you to meet with the store manager (or whom ever is in charge of that dept.) once the interview is over they are supposed to contact you. How ever there has been 3 instances where I was never contacted by HR nor given feedback about the interview.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Monticello, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After sending my resume and cover letter through Indeed.com I received a phone call a couple days later and went through a series of interview questions. I was then asked to attend an interview at the branch I was applying to. After the interview I was notified by phone from HR that I had been offered the job. You must go through 4-5 days of training at HR and submit a criminal background check with fingerprint processing. After everything had been processed it was about 2-3 weeks before I started working with TD Bank.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you're job will be like here at TD Bank? What kind of responsibilities do you think you will have? How will you maintain quality customer service with an angry customer you don't quite know how to handle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

TD Bank Summer Interview

Interview

Walk me through your resume. After walking through your resume they asked for your skills. Tell me about your major. What are your strengths, ect. Also, be prepared to talk about commercial banking.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Portland, ME) in February 2012.

Interview

I was first phone screened, which took about an hour and was a very well done interview/screening. It was completed by an out of state HR department. My in person interview was scheduled a few weeks later and when I arrived the interviewer wasn't there and no one had called to tell me that she'd called out of work due to weather. The remainder of the interview process went much the same way.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Branchburg, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

This depends on the branch. I had one phone call from the recruiter to conduct the phone interview and set up a store interview. At the store, I familiarised myself with the team and had my interview. The manager and assistant manager ask questions and make sure you have some sales potential. Overall, the process is for them to decide whether or not they like you. If they like you, you would be called to headquarters to conduct a final interview with either a regional manager, an auditor, or a recruiter. It was relatively lax back when I applied.

Interview Questions

• Questions are standard. Examples are: Why do you want to work for TD (obligatory question)? What can you add to our team (makes sure you want the job)? Have you ever committed a felony (I don't really know why they actually ask this question... if you have, they know about it already and you would not be in the interview unless something went very... very wrong)? The most important question is: Can you work weekends? ... for obvious reasons. (managers like weekends)   Answer Question

Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview is a telephone interview, which consisted of the HR rep just asking some general questions and breifing you on the position. The second interview is a group interview, which consisted of the HR rep explaining the job and the interview process. The third interview is a one-one with a supervisor in the call center. She/he asks you some general questions and asks you how "Wow" you are. Then if you are offered the job, the HR rep will call you in a few days. You have to complete a drug test and a background check, which also consisted of being finger printed.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy. There were no trick questions   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

long and alot of back and forth..finally was offered the position and did a background and drug test

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Marlton, NJ) in September 2007.

Interview

I applied online and the manager called, inviting me to an interview at a local branch. I dressed in formal business attire, and did a 1 on 1 interview with the branch manager. She reviewed my resume and asked me basic fit questions. I was hired on-the-spot after this first interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Commerce Bank?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD Commerce Bank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Went via agency for interview that was set up for me. Met with the panel of 3 persons plus one called in. None of that was expected but I am ok with panel interviews. Most of their questions relied around very specific skill set which were clearly not on my resume (business knowledge wise), the ask was for Project manager, senior with banking background in wholesale/capital markets, not in private wealth management. I answered all the soft skills answers and situational ones, but was a tad confused by some of the other specifics. It's almost as if all the panel board was not exactly on the same page of what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have expert knowledge in private wealth management   1 Answer