TD Commerce Bank

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews

Bank Manager Interview

Bank Manager

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Slow to call,slow to interview....interview more like interrogation

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank.

Interview Details – If they are interested in hiring you based on your online application they will call you and do a short phone interview. If they are still interested after that they will set up like a pre employment orientation at the regional TDU (TD University) and tell you about all the opportunities they have available and a little bit of what you can expect from the company. If you are still interested after that they will schedule you for an interview for your first choice of "store" ( do NOT call them branches) / position thats available. My first interview took around 45 minutes and they asked me a lot of questions about my strengths and weaknesses, why I'm interested in TD, my long term goals, they really make sure you feel 200% compfortable selling the customers products ( which is good because if you get hired they care more about your sales than CWI-customer wow index). I didn't get hired at that store but they called HR and told them to let me interview at a second location because they did like me. My second interview was shorter but a lot of the same substance. Be prepared to have almost every employee that will work above you at the store in your interview. I had 5 people interviewing me the second time.

Interview Question – They ask you to role play a product selling scenario with them on the spot before you have any product knowledge.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in March 2008.

Interview Details – long and alot of back and forth..finally was offered the position and did a background and drug test

Interview Question – why work for us   View Answers (2)

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from the recruiter to interview for an ask me to interview for an assistant manager position. Was there for two hours manager seemed like we made a match. Never got call to be told what happen.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in banking?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2009.

Interview Details – not very technical

Interview Question – what systems you work on day to day basis?   Answer Question

Health Eucation Interview

Health Eucation

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in September 2010.

Interview Details – First got called for an initial interview that lasted about an hour..then 3 days later got called for a second interview to perform a presentation on anything. It was with a group of interviewers. After that, they said they would call me before a certain date, but never received any call.

Interview Question – How would you deal with customers?   Answer Question

Customer/Financial Services Representative Interview

Customer/Financial Services Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very friendly,gave a lot of info about the job, but asked a lot questions about my personal life, such as what sports I play, that did not pertain at all to the job.I am a very private person, and I have a hidden disability from an accident that limits my sports activity, of course I did want to go into that, and did not follow up because I lost interest in the job and the company following the interview.After a several non job questions-sports, TV shows, sports, hobbies, etc, I said to the interviewer that I was not sure what she was getting at, that I didint have any outside activities that would prevent me from coming to work, but she kept pushing. I have had bosses too involved in my personal life before and I do NOT like that.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in September 2007.

Interview Details – I applied online and the manager called, inviting me to an interview at a local branch. I dressed in formal business attire, and did a 1 on 1 interview with the branch manager. She reviewed my resume and asked me basic fit questions. I was hired on-the-spot after this first interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Commerce Bank?   View Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in February 2011.

Interview Details – very laid back interview

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2008.

Interview Details – Online application is a very long and frustrating process, it included many tests and questionaires. Background check and drug test took a while to come back. Not to mention they give you like one day notice for the drug test and sent me 45 minutes from home to take it. Fingerprinting was fairly easy, there just weren't many hours that the fingerprinter was there so you have to plan that one out carefully

The interviews themselves (phone and in person) were fairly easy. Typical questions, like "Explain a time you went above and beyond for your company?" etc. ALWAYS wear a suit and tie when going in for interviews, fingerprints, drop off paperwork, anything!!! They flip if your not all dressed up.

Interview Question – Would you steal from your employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they name a pay rate and say take it or leave it. Don't plan on getting more than the amount they offer you.

Worked for TD Commerce Bank? Contribute to the Community!