TD Insurance

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Claims Analyst Interview

Applied online and was called for interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was basically about evaluating how well suited I was for the position. Questions like what challenges do you think you would encounter in this job?

Accident Benfits Analyst Interview

The process was somewhat of a joke. It was a formality that I had to go through. I knew I had the job. I went through the process. I was told I would find out in a week or two, however, it took over a month. they had to call other interviewees to tell them they did not get the job.

no negotiation, you had to accept what they offered, that was it.

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TD Insurance.

Multiple interview level, Telephonic, HR interview, Managerial interview, Reference Check, Credit check, criminal check, the offer

Interview Questions
    • General behavioural questions that can be found at any career website.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at TD Insurance.

I applied online to several positions and was called back for one of them - the administrator position. I was called for a phone interview based on my resume. Once I completed that and they felt I was a good fit they requested I come in for a one on one interview. The interview went well and I had no specific concerns. I had the privilege of sitting in with an employee to see the job firsthand. It was of benefit to see the job so I knew exactly what would be expected of me on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any specifically difficult questions, but I would argue the general question that was most difficult was probably "Why do you want to work at TD." I view many of the banks as generally the same, but I answered honestly and stated that TD was the brand and bank I trusted the most, has a great corporate culture, is an equal opportunity employer and strove for corporate social responsibility.   Answer Question
    You are paid more by working the later shifts, so I wasn't upset that those were the only ones available.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at TD Insurance in January 2013.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. The interview was scheduled early in the morning (8:30am) and I guess the hiring managers were running late because I ended up waiting for 15 minutes or so for them to appear. The questions were pretty standard but when I mentioned one or two items from the job description was told they had nothing to do with the job I was applying for and shouldn't have been on there. I actually had to hand these people the job description because they had no idea what was on it. HR cobbled together their own job description instead of finding out what the actual duties of the job were.

Support Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Insurance in July 2012.

First I had a phone interview which was very straightforward and was primarily asked administrative questions as well as two behavioural questions. I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview the next week, which consisted entirely of behavioural questions. I was asked if I had any questions about the company before and after the interview 1:1 interview by the interviewer. Before the end of the week, I received a call offering me the position. Had I accepted I would have been asked in the following week to sign an offer letter and provide references from 3 past managers. Overall, it was a well managed hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • When did you witness a coworker abusing policy more than you felt comfortable with, and what did you do?   Answer Question

The position was more junior than I had initially thought.