TD Securities Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was pretty straight-forward and it felt like I already had one foot in the door. NY is EXTREMELY small and they are swamped, but this is a good hearted-group that works its tail off. I

Interview Questions

• Do you know bank products?   1 Answer

Trading Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about the market, and why you want to be a trader. Mostly behavior. Ask about what I have done in the past related trading, specifically last job in one of the Canadian Bank's capital markets division. Asked about if I follow news, and what the biggest most recent news is. Also asked to rate my excel skill on a scale of 0 to 10

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TD Securities.

Interview

The Phone Interview was streamlined and simple and mainly asked for background information and gauging general interest for the position. Email response was quick, and the correspondence was professional. The physical interview was also relatively straightforward. No behavioral questions were asked, and no Excel or application specific questions were asked.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

This is the campus interview,. The manager meets me mostly ask me questions about my experience in finance and how I react to it. The interview lasts about 30 mins. The manager is a lady and very friendly about the entire process. I think the being self part is really important. To see if you can handle the job, I have asked a lot about the environment of the job.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Lev FIN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with associate in NYC

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit. A couple technical focusing on accounting. How can a PE or financial sponsor make money if they purchase an asset for $1 and sell it for $1 in 5 years?   Answer Question

Corporate Credit Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple process, applied online through my college's recruitment network, had a first round on campus interview, then for the final interview day had four interviews back to back with a managing director, two VP's, and an associate from different divisions within the corporate credit management. All five of the interviews were focused on getting to know what my personality was like, how I handled different situations in the past, what kind of experiences I have had, how they would be relevant to this position, why I was interested in corporate credit, etc. It was easy, and the conversations were all enjoyable, if not a bit repetitive. During the final day of interviews they also provided a great deal of information to me about the position and the role I would be filling, and what they were really looking for in an analyst.

Interview Questions

• This was all fit questions/behavioral questions/previous experience questions, so it really wasn't difficult. Needed to demonstrate your abilities to be a good fit for the position and fit into the community they were looking for. Need to be able to talk about your previous experiences extensively and why they are relevant to this position.   Answer Question

Brokerage Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

interviewer was clear in needs

Negotiation

there was no negotiation process. i accepted first offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Rigorous interview process with people at all levels. Questions ranging from tell me about yourself to specifics on the economy. Solid associate program. The company invests in your development. Interviewed by different levels VPs MDs from various groups.

FX Investigations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Securities.

Interview

Interview was extremely difficult. The interviewers didn't seem interested from the very first minute. It was really difficult to build any rapport and thus engage in a conversation. Companies should invest a bit of time/money into developing managers interview skills

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of several market related questions such as "what is going on in the economy?" "why has the Canadian dollar at a 5 year low?" etc. The interview team was nice and had a sense of humour which is always good. I wasn't offered the position but it was a great opportunity to interview for their institutional equity desk.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the Canadian dollar if interest rates go up?   Answer Question