TD Securities

TD Securities Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

Trading Assistant Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about the market, and why you want to be a trader. Mostly behavior. Ask about what I have done in the past related trading, specifically last job in one of the Canadian Bank's capital markets division. Asked about if I follow news, and what the biggest most recent news is. Also asked to rate my excel skill on a scale of 0 to 10

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TD Securities.

The Phone Interview was streamlined and simple and mainly asked for background information and gauging general interest for the position. Email response was quick, and the correspondence was professional. The physical interview was also relatively straightforward. No behavioral questions were asked, and no Excel or application specific questions were asked.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Securities in February 2014.

This is the campus interview,. The manager meets me mostly ask me questions about my experience in finance and how I react to it. The interview lasts about 30 mins. The manager is a lady and very friendly about the entire process. I think the being self part is really important. To see if you can handle the job, I have asked a lot about the environment of the job.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Lev FIN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities in November 2013.

Phone interview with associate in NYC

Interview Questions
    • Mostly fit. A couple technical focusing on accounting. How can a PE or financial sponsor make money if they purchase an asset for $1 and sell it for $1 in 5 years?   Answer Question

Corporate Credit Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Securities.

Simple process, applied online through my college's recruitment network, had a first round on campus interview, then for the final interview day had four interviews back to back with a managing director, two VP's, and an associate from different divisions within the corporate credit management. All five of the interviews were focused on getting to know what my personality was like, how I handled different situations in the past, what kind of experiences I have had, how they would be relevant to this position, why I was interested in corporate credit, etc. It was easy, and the conversations were all enjoyable, if not a bit repetitive. During the final day of interviews they also provided a great deal of information to me about the position and the role I would be filling, and what they were really looking for in an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • This was all fit questions/behavioral questions/previous experience questions, so it really wasn't difficult. Needed to demonstrate your abilities to be a good fit for the position and fit into the community they were looking for. Need to be able to talk about your previous experiences extensively and why they are relevant to this position.   Answer Question

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TD Securities in April 2010.

interviewer was clear in needs

there was no negotiation process. i accepted first offer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities in September 2009.

Rigorous interview process with people at all levels. Questions ranging from tell me about yourself to specifics on the economy. Solid associate program. The company invests in your development. Interviewed by different levels VPs MDs from various groups.

Trading Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities.

Phone interview consisting of several market related questions such as "what is going on in the economy?" "why has the Canadian dollar at a 5 year low?" etc. The interview team was nice and had a sense of humour which is always good. I wasn't offered the position but it was a great opportunity to interview for their institutional equity desk.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to the Canadian dollar if interest rates go up?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TD Securities.

Two 30 minute one-on-one interviews on university campus
    Two 30 minute panel interviews in Toronto

They asked about various data structures and their implications, algorithms, programming paradigms, testing, etc. You may also get basic questions about securities (interest calculations, etc). They will also ask questions on your resume and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Basically what is described above. There was nothing too strenuous. Reverse a string, describe data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Securities.

I applied through a recruiter. There process was very quick. I was brought in for a 1 hour interview with the development manager and two developers. They questions were very basic and mostly core Java. Questions were like "what is the difference between overriding and overloading", "what are the access modifiers", "what is the difference between a deadlock and a race condition/"

Interview Questions

Project did not interest me.