TDS Telecommunications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

3.1

Every Postion Uses STAR Method for Interviews Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in June 2011.

They use the S.T.A.R. method for all candidates. Situational examples such as ... Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to assist a customer and overcome an objection? They also do a mock phone call. The hiring manager pretends to be a customer and you are the sales rep. They leave you in the interview room alone with a phone and you have to turn the call around into a sale. The manager(customer) calls in to cancel service and go to Charter for a better price. You must ask qualifying questions then turn around the call and let them know that TDS is going to give them a better plan to fit their needs. Make sure you say "Mr. Customer, you mentioned you had computer problems, I am going to provide this anti virus to clean out your cpu. Ask for the SALE!

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me your two greatest weaknesses and how they could apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • What would you say to another employee who told you they hated HR?   View Answer
    You will be monitored on everything you do and expected to turn billing calls into sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in December 2011.

The interview process was very standard. Started out with a phone interview. Behavioral based questions. Then moved on to the face to face interview with all of the sales supervisors. More behavioral based questions,

There was no negotiation

GIS Intern Interview

Phone interview after a written screen

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a web server and an App server   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Vergne, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in September 2010.

Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a recruiter from Madison, WI. She instructed me to go online and complete some testing, which I did. Close to a month later I was contacted by a local manager and invited in for an interview with the manager and the sales coach. The interview was pretty laid back, consisted of them just asking general questions (How do you handle stress, what motivates you, what are your hobbies, etc)

Interview Questions
    • I was taken into another room with a phone where the manager "called" me and I was told to role play and try to sell TDS products. It was very difficult because I didn't know the products and basically had to just make stuff up. They also expect you to know top down selling   View Answer
    I was told it was non-negotiable

Account Executive - Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications.

Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with hiring manager. In person interview/role-play with hiring manager and additional sales manager. Process took about 30 days.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to do a full-on role-play of a Needs Analysis meeting with a customer.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in September 2011.

Called for interview scheduling. Went to TDS in Middleton and had a really relaxed and easy interview with a group of 3 people. Never really asked any difficult questions and you could tell they were judging more on Character

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you felt like you went above and beyond what a customer asked you.   Answer Question

Had another job offer the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Juliet, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in July 2011.

Compnay contacted me from posting resume on careerbuilder. I spoke with manager for initial phone interview then met her at Lavergne Location todo interview. The people and office where great and the work culture was also excellent as long as you were not one of the people charged with answering the phones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped handled a difficult customer situation with examples and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be good at answering phone for 8 hours a day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in December 2009.

Background questions were the first part of the phone interview, re-hashing work history. The second part of the phone interview were more practical questions, such as "describe a situation where the customer didn't receive your sales pitch the way that you thought that they would, and how did you handle it?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe your current job. Is it more account management or more hunting/prospecting/business development?   Answer Question

TSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yanam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yanam (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in January 2014.

Group discussion ,technical HR interview and HR interview. They ask me about my project in academic and about myself about my strength and weakness. work under pressure and expected salary

Interview Questions
    • How much salary are you expecting from us?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in August 2009.

Contacted by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview. Then scheduled a face to face with the hiring manager. After the first face to face a second on site interview was scheduled. Next there was a background check, driving record check and drug screen. After all information came back an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about how you had managed a territory in the past. Also asked about how you manage multiple tasks at one time.   Answer Question

Worked for TDS Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!