TDS Telecommunications

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very standard. Started out with a phone interview. Behavioral based questions. Then moved on to the face to face interview with all of the sales supervisors. More behavioral based questions,

Interview Question – There was really no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

GIS Intern Interview

GIS Intern

Interviewed at TDS Telecommunications

Interview Details – Phone interview after a written screen

Interview Question – What is the difference between a web server and an App server   Answer Question

La Vergne, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in September 2010.

Interview Details – Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a recruiter from Madison, WI. She instructed me to go online and complete some testing, which I did. Close to a month later I was contacted by a local manager and invited in for an interview with the manager and the sales coach. The interview was pretty laid back, consisted of them just asking general questions (How do you handle stress, what motivates you, what are your hobbies, etc)

Interview Question – I was taken into another room with a phone where the manager "called" me and I was told to role play and try to sell TDS products. It was very difficult because I didn't know the products and basically had to just make stuff up. They also expect you to know top down selling   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told it was non-negotiable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive - Commercial Sales Interview

Account Executive - Commercial Sales
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with hiring manager. In person interview/role-play with hiring manager and additional sales manager. Process took about 30 days.

Interview Question – Be prepared to do a full-on role-play of a Needs Analysis meeting with a customer.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Support Technician
Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in September 2011.

Interview Details – Called for interview scheduling. Went to TDS in Middleton and had a really relaxed and easy interview with a group of 3 people. Never really asked any difficult questions and you could tell they were judging more on Character

Interview Question – Describe a time that you felt like you went above and beyond what a customer asked you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another job offer the same day.

Mount Juliet, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in July 2011.

Interview Details – Compnay contacted me from posting resume on careerbuilder. I spoke with manager for initial phone interview then met her at Lavergne Location todo interview. The people and office where great and the work culture was also excellent as long as you were not one of the people charged with answering the phones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped handled a difficult customer situation with examples and what was the end result?   Answer Question
  • Why would you be good at answering phone for 8 hours a day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in December 2009.

Interview Details – Background questions were the first part of the phone interview, re-hashing work history. The second part of the phone interview were more practical questions, such as "describe a situation where the customer didn't receive your sales pitch the way that you thought that they would, and how did you handle it?"

Interview Question – Describe your current job. Is it more account management or more hunting/prospecting/business development?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview. Then scheduled a face to face with the hiring manager. After the first face to face a second on site interview was scheduled. Next there was a background check, driving record check and drug screen. After all information came back an offer was made.

Interview Question – Asked questions about how you had managed a territory in the past. Also asked about how you manage multiple tasks at one time.   Answer Question

Applications Development Manager Interview

Applications Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in August 2011.

Interview Details – A 30 minute phone interview with HR. Then directly to a 1 hour interview with the hiring director, at the office.

The entire process was conduted in a very professional manner, no surprise questions, very standard set of interview questions. TDS appears to invest well in maintaining a top notch desirable environment to work in. Very comfortable office/cubical environment.

Interview Question – Most difficult personnel issue that had to be dealt with.   View Answer

Customer Repair Advisor Interview

Customer Repair Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TDS Telecommunications in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview that consisted of some basic HR type questions. Then asked about some of the more technical aspects of the job ie: IP address, what is DNS etc.

Had a one on one interview a couple of days later. Same stuff. More basic questions and some more technical questions. Told I would hear either way the next week, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

Worked for TDS Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!