TE Connectivity

84 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2010.

Interview Details – So I was cobtacted by a recruiter for a Sales job with Telesphere. I met with Telesphere's Sales Manager and all went well, nice guy. I than met with the District Manager a few weeks later, what a joke! He showed up 40 minutes late, no aplogies. He yawned like 4x, didn't really ask many questions or showed interest than told me that they wanted someone out of college so that they could coach them (the job description said 2-5 years of Telcomm experience etc..) yet he said my 6 years of Telcomm experience was not what they wanted (basically overqualified I guess) waste of my time and effort. Next time tell your Sales manager to tell people if they are qualified or notm it would save both a bunch of time. Glad I was not hired!

Interview Question – Easy questions   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Research Associate Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2011.

Interview Details – contact with email, and arrange an on-site interview the next day~ high efficiency

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2013.

Interview Details – The internship post was listed on my university department's job board. I applied with my CV by email. About one month later they processed applications, and I received a call inviting me for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was relaxed, and after, I was invited for a final interview in person at one of their offices. There, I was interviewed by various team members while touring the site, and asked some questions about their products to test my observation and critical thinking skills. I met current employees in the position who I could discuss their experiences with. Overall, the team made it a very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – At one stage in the interview, I was handed some materials manufactured by the company and told to report on my observations   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Harrisburg, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiters were friendly and organized. Office environment was new, clean. The first day was a presentation and orientation, the second day was interviews. I interviewed with two engineers for an summer internship.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you had to convince someone of something you didn't believe in.   View Answer

Master Scheduler Interview

Master Scheduler
Tijuana, Baja California (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TE Connectivity in June 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very long, up to 3 months, It helps if you know somebody in management.

Interview Question – "If you could describe your perfect job at the perfect company in terms of a movie, what movie will that be and what character will you be playing"   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a series of phone calls with different individuals in different departments in the organization. In total I interviewed with 12 people before getting a job offer.

Interview Question – Each interview had a different set of questions, from basic background information to problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone screen with the hiring manager
One hour interviews -- there were 3 or 4; included the hiring manager, 2 members of the engineering staff and one person from HR.
THe questions ranged from very detailed technical engineering questions (DFME, problem solving, etc to how would you keep a project on track, how do you deal with conflict, what project are you the most proud of, etc)

Really good interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager and the HR Manager asked my for my salary expectations at the end of their interviews. It was handled very well and not in an aggressive way so I did not feel uncomfortable giving them a number. The offer was presented to me over the phone with the written offer sent via email immediately after. They listened to me and the offer was a pleasant surprise - really fair given my length of experience and not having direct exp in medical. They offer a bonus program that I didn't have before and that was a plus. I think they put together a fair package and don't low-ball.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview from a HR rep. After explaining my background, years of experience, and skill set, I was offered a second phone interview later in the week. This interview was with the hiring manager. After that, I had an on-site interview with six different managers and directors from different departments within the business unit where I was applying. I had one additional phone interview about a week after the on-site interview with a corporate director. About four days after that call, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name three adjectives that describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your thoughts on how recent proposals to labor law changes will affect this company.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had dropped my resume at their booth at the Career Fair. I received an email a month later to set up an interview.
First, there was an interview with the HR. She then set up a technical interview conference call with two project managers. During this interview, they just went over my resume and projects. They were really interested in my Labview experience.
They had a specific project in mind for me, and this was a collaboration between two different business units. They explained the the project in detail, and I liked it.

I got a call within a few hours from the HR that I was hired! Definitely the fastest response ever.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything unexpected as such. It was all based off my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any scope for negotiation, but they gave me a good offer. So I accepted it.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial first round interview in person, and was then invited on site for a second round interview, during which I interviewed with 4 different groups of two people. The interview process felt throrough, but not overly so, and overall was effective at making me excited to work at TE.

Interview Question – What is the most recent book you have read?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at TE Connectivity

Worked for TE Connectivity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TE Connectivity interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by TE Connectivity employees and interview candidates.