TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was welcomed in a room full of engineers who work at the plant. They each had a copy of my resume and they asked me questions about my resume. They wanted to know very basic info about my experiences and skills. It was a very laid back interview and they just want to get to know you and learn more about you. It is important to ask them question because it shows you care. Then they show you around the company plant and teach you about what goes on in the plant.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I applied for the position at my campuses career fair and received a call the next day for a first round behavioral interview with a few analytical questions. A week later I received another call for a phone interview with 4 of my prospective managers. During the hour long interview I was asked more general behavioral questions from each of the managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you decrease the lead time for a specific component?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied through their website. Got an email from an admin who set up an interview with the hiring manager. I did several hours of research and thought I had hit the mark. He had other people to talk to but said he would let me know one way or the other. I never heard from them again. He blew off my follow up emails. It's always disappointing when you spend the time filling out a long application, do your research and take the time out of your day to go talk to them and then they can't even show you enough courtesy to send you an email.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Greensboro, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager One hour interviews -- there were 3 or 4; included the hiring manager, 2 members of the engineering staff and one person from HR. The questions ranged from very detailed technical engineering questions (DFME, problem solving, etc to how would you keep a project on track, how do you deal with conflict, what project are you the most proud of, etc)

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Came in and was asked about what my concept of leadership was, how many people I have supervised in the past and my past experience with conflict. I came in and was given a tour of the plant and the basic areas I would be working in. I was asked about my task development process and what I would do when presented with a document from one of the process machines.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a troubled employee and what was the result   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Met and applied through college career fair. Was called within a day to schedule an interview for a few days later. Interview was with two very friendly engineers. Asked the normal personality and career questions: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "How have you handled disagreeing with a superior?". Finally, a short technical part pertaining to the basic theory of RF and s-parameters.

Interview Questions

• What is RF? What is AM and FM? What is a bandpass filter? What is an s-parameter and why is it used?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

i applied online and received a call from a recruiter who then passed me onto her colleague who was working on this position. after a formatting, my resume was passed onto te and i was set up with a phone screen. i was warned about the strange interview style of the first stage in the process. i was told specifically that i need "...need to get around him..." which i thought was very odd. there werent any set times for him to call either, which i thought was not only weird, but extremely arrogant and unprofessional on TE's part. as a working professional, i just cant have you call out of the blue and expect me to interview. so finally they put me in touch with an HR rep who gives me a set time and date for the guy to call. when he calls he seems to be very odd and wound up. extremely lacking in the social skills dept. i knew i was in trouble when he started with the infamous "...tell me about yourself..." but after questioning him i got him to open up a bit (seemingly) and we shared a common ground about our college experiences. i thought for sure i had got around him when i asked a question about my potential bosses management style and he replied "...you can ask him that when you speak to him..." i was still uneasy when i found out that he could be potentially reporting to me. a subordinate interviewing his potential boss is not only not a good thing, but totally illogical. found out a couple days ago i was right, and i will not be moving forward. feedback was that "... i had the technical knowledge, but not the management material...?" i was very irritated when i found that out. how would he know? he's not a manager and has no direct reports. as i told the recruiter TE is going to lose a lot of potential candidates as long as this guy is the gateway. if this indication the way the plant is run in portland OR, they may have done me a favor.

Interview Questions

• he had me ask him questions at the very beginning of the interview.   Answer Question

Quality Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity (Ontario, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Structured. Several layers of the interview process i.e. phone, in-person, phone w/Manager etc. The entire interview process consisted of months of scheduling phone interviews as well as one on one interviews and also undergoing an intense background check. I dealt with several persons over the phone and e-mail from the HR department. Ultimately I did get an offer and went through the drug screen and background check. Unfortunately I did not pass their background check and the job offer was rescinded. Fortunate for me, I did not turn in my 2 week notice with my present employer.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TE Connectivity in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted by the hiring manager directly about 6 weeks later to set up a phone screen. The first question I was asked was illegal, and it set a strange tone for the rest of the call. When I followed up with the hiring manager about 2 weeks after the call I received a one line reply that they were going with another candidate. I was never contacted by anyone in HR so I have no way of following up to find out what happened.

Summer Interm Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity in September 2014.

Interview

Ask general questions and projects in my resume. They ask few technical questions and explain what they are doing. They ask few personal questions like tell me about yourself. They ask me do you know any ieee standards? Ask questions on my projects.