TE Connectivity

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.8

Summer Interm Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity in September 2014.

Ask general questions and projects in my resume. They ask few technical questions and explain what they are doing. They ask few personal questions like tell me about yourself. They ask me do you know any ieee standards? Ask questions on my projects.

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

I had an awesome interview experience which included both skype and phone interview.They were very patient to hear about my work and projects.Interview lasted for an hour.They even provided an opportunity to know in detail about their company and gave clear idea about my future tasks and goals of that position.

No negotiations

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

The interview process consists of one screening phone interview then a 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager. If the hiring manager likes you, you meet with his/her boss for an hour interview. Besides that there is really nothing much more to it. They do no background checks and I know lots of people who falsified their credentials to get a job at Oceanside. It clearly shows in the aptitude of your co-workers. Don't get me started about drug tests...

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. Why I took this job is beyond me.

Stamping Operator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2014.

Phone Interview was very pleasant and inquisitive. Interviewer ask great questions to help me display and promote my strengths. She answered all my questions as if I was already an employee. Very excited about the next step in the hiring process.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Questions were asked primarily about past college experiences. Screening interview involved some technical questions but primarily focused on determining the qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you did at college that exemplifies your engineering experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Started with a traditional phone interviews where they stressed low pay. However, the position sounded like a potential fit and I continued to live interviews. In peer interviews I learned that they usually hire from within and that they had a strong internal candidate.

By this point in the interview it seemed unlikely that they needed someone with my qualifications, so when very, very young HR managers showed up I asked all the traditional questions for practice- They were not able to answer the majority of my questions, but it was clear that they really were looking for cheap- no benefits that would have justified the low salary.

Overall they seemed friendly and might be a good 'lifetime' opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. In fact I was surprised at the lack of detail until I realized that this was a new role and they had very little experience with advanced marketing processes.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

Slow email communication back and forth. Took months to actually setup an interview. Very Informal. Sat with 5-6 different people at interview. Most did not know I was coming.

Product Development Engineer Interview

first round very straight forward, just went through my resume, asked general behavioral questions

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

During a career fair at my school, I expressed my interest in TE Connectivity. About 4 or 5 months later, I received a call about an opportunity to interview for a summer internship. I'll admit that I went into this interview as unprepared as I've ever been, at the time I was kinda overwhelmed with school, which is no excus.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a team member who was not contributing his role and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TE Connectivity in March 2014.

Met a TE Connectivity HR rep at an online career fair my university was holding in November. He reviewed my resume and we scheduled a call. I had a phone interview at the end of December and another in late January for two different internship positions before they had me come in for an in-person interview at their Harrisburg location. The interview took about 45 minutes and they said they would let me know in a week or two and the longer it took, the better for my chances. I ended up getting an email a couple of hours after the interview from the HR rep I had been talking to that said that they would be making me an official offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Everyone I met seemed friendly and it seemed like a great place to work, but I ended up declining the offer because I received an offer for a different position at another company that I was more interested in (IT Security).