TE Connectivity

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Organization and Development Consultant Interview

Organization and Development Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview Details – The interview process was just OK. I spoke with different recruiters leading up to the actual day of the interview. I wasn't impressed with the interview experience. The place seemed uptight and the employees I met with seemed to take themselves too seriously (self-importance). There was no follow-up communication.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a series of phone calls with different individuals in different departments in the organization. In total I interviewed with 12 people before getting a job offer.

Interview Question – Each interview had a different set of questions, from basic background information to problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1.) On campus interview with alumni employees (late fall)
2.) 2nd round full day interview for multiple positions (nov-dec) - hotel and transport provided
3.) offer (2-3 weeks after #2)
4.) Deadline to accept (2 weeks after #3)

Over all it was structured and formal but the organizers were friendly and helpful. I would rate the competitiveness to get a job as a 3 out of 5 (5 being Boeing/Exxon and 1 being your uncles engineering company). The offer was also on par ($21/hr) with competitiveness.

Interview Question – A few technical questions. Mainly strengths / materials basics (stress vs strain)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Chose a better offer from another company, TE offered $21/hr for a B.S. ME (math minor) sophomore with no prior internship experience.

SAP Analyst Intern Interview

SAP Analyst Intern
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview Details – Job process was very easy they had me come to Harrisburg, PA and all interviews were very informal.

Interview Question – None really just your standard questions a few technical questions about past IT experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was a take it or leave it due to internship but generous so I didn't mind

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview Details – In person behavioral interview, pretty east process.

Interview Question – asked a basic statics question.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Electrical Engineer II
Fuquay-Varina, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was for an internship position and they asked all about GIS substation designs and installations.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had dropped my resume at their booth at the Career Fair. I received an email a month later to set up an interview.
First, there was an interview with the HR. She then set up a technical interview conference call with two project managers. During this interview, they just went over my resume and projects. They were really interested in my Labview experience.
They had a specific project in mind for me, and this was a collaboration between two different business units. They explained the the project in detail, and I liked it.

I got a call within a few hours from the HR that I was hired! Definitely the fastest response ever.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything unexpected as such. It was all based off my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any scope for negotiation, but they gave me a good offer. So I accepted it.

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening interview followed by an on-site interview. Interviewing process was very simple, the company took care of all the details for traveling to and from the interview. Interviewed with 4 different individuals. Manager, two engineers in the department and an HR representative. All were very easy to speak with and made for a low stress interviewing atmosphere.

Interview Question – All interview questions with rather standard and straightforward. Nothing was overly technical are abstract.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was simple. They offered above what I was asking/looking for which made the process easy.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Menlo Park, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2010.

Interview Details – This was a lengthy process, that required at least for me about three months. With this i had more then 5 interviews, including an all day interview with most of the staff in a particular team. The process is pretty typical, with the standard phone interviews and in person interviews. Only thing about the in person interviews is that they will ask you to meet about five to six people.

Interview Question – What is the revenue stream and as engineering do you believe that product management has responsibility for the P&L.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy atmosphere, responsive, fast hiring process

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No clear path for advancement. Would not meet request for extra weeks vacation.