TE Connectivity

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TE Connectivity.

In person behavioral interview, pretty east process.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2013.

Interview process was professional and comfortable, however it was lengthy - second interview took several weeks to arrange with hiring manager, the hiring process was lengthy and delayed - on-boarding process was comprehensive and lengthy

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2013.

Interviewed by a series of phone calls with different individuals in different departments in the organization. In total I interviewed with 12 people before getting a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview had a different set of questions, from basic background information to problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2012.

1.) On campus interview with alumni employees (late fall)
    2.) 2nd round full day interview for multiple positions (nov-dec) - hotel and transport provided
    3.) offer (2-3 weeks after #2)
    4.) Deadline to accept (2 weeks after #3)

Over all it was structured and formal but the organizers were friendly and helpful. I would rate the competitiveness to get a job as a 3 out of 5 (5 being Boeing/Exxon and 1 being your uncles engineering company). The offer was also on par ($21/hr) with competitiveness.

Interview Questions
    • A few technical questions. Mainly strengths / materials basics (stress vs strain)   Answer Question

Chose a better offer from another company, TE offered $21/hr for a B.S. ME (math minor) sophomore with no prior internship experience.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TE Connectivity in October 2012.

First, I submitted my resumer through my college carrer link. Then I was notified that I was selected for an interview on my college campus. I went to the interview on campus. It was conducted by two different tax directors/managers. They mainly went through my resume and threw a few behavioral questions in there. Finally, was told that they would reach a decision in about a week and that there would most likely not be second interviews, just an offer.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TE Connectivity.

My interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Questions about my past work experience, education, future plans, etc.. The normal type of questions. I had two supervisors and a manager present.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2012.

Interview process was targeted selection, three interviews and offer extended

sign on bonus of 10%

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Easy atmosphere, responsive, fast hiring process

Interview Questions

No clear path for advancement. Would not meet request for extra weeks vacation.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

Initial phone screening interview followed by an on-site interview. Interviewing process was very simple, the company took care of all the details for traveling to and from the interview. Interviewed with 4 different individuals. Manager, two engineers in the department and an HR representative. All were very easy to speak with and made for a low stress interviewing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions with rather standard and straightforward. Nothing was overly technical are abstract.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was simple. They offered above what I was asking/looking for which made the process easy.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2012.

I had dropped my resume at their booth at the Career Fair. I received an email a month later to set up an interview.
    First, there was an interview with the HR. She then set up a technical interview conference call with two project managers. During this interview, they just went over my resume and projects. They were really interested in my Labview experience.
    They had a specific project in mind for me, and this was a collaboration between two different business units. They explained the the project in detail, and I liked it.

I got a call within a few hours from the HR that I was hired! Definitely the fastest response ever.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything unexpected as such. It was all based off my resume.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any scope for negotiation, but they gave me a good offer. So I accepted it.