TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Materials Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2011.

I was contacted by TE Connectivity directly through a Staffing Agency. I was given the opportunity to interview with the Material's Manager and the District Material's Manager. The interview itself was very vague with the majority of the conversation based solely on my education and view's towards those who lack formal education. The company's expectations were not clearly outlined however, the terms "this is hard word" were used frequently.

Interview Questions
    I was given the opportunity to approach the employer with an acceptable salary on my terms. The offer itself exceeded my salary expectations.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2011.

Had phone interview with hiring manager which lead to invitation to fly from out of state for face to face interviews. Met with two employees, including hiring manager, in one on one interviews prior to lunch. At lunch it became obvious that something was awkward. The group that joined me for lunch in the company cafeteria didn't bother to make any conversation with me. It was as if I wasn't in the room. I kept asking them about the area and other general questions but there was no interest in getting to know me outside of an interview setting. During the process, it was made clear to me that the company had already interviewed 40 candidates and that they were looking for a good fit. Needless to say, the controller who was scheduled to meet with me for 45 minutes after lunch only gave me 20 minutes of her precious time. I was then escorted out by an administrative assistant and left wondering what went wrong. I heard from the recruiter that I wasn't a good fit due to a pretty shallow reason which I won't divulge. It became clear why the company had already interviewed 40 people and not found their perfect match. Their attitude was as if it would be a blessing for somebody to work with them.

Let's just say that it all made sense after the fact. Everyone in the dept is a woman, and they obviously want to hire another woman. That is fine, but could have saved everyone's time and company's money to fly me into town by avoiding the charade. I guess HR wants to create the illusion that everyone has an opportunity but obviously not the fact.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in May 2011.

contact with email, and arrange an on-site interview the next day~ high efficiency

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in April 2011.

All the candidates were brought in to the campus the previous evening for dinner and a presentation by TE representatives. The next day consisted of my interview and a plant tour. Several candidates had multiple interviews. The whole process was a great experience.
    I had interviewed with an accounting manager who would later be my supervisor throughout the summer. He basically asked questions to see if I would be a good match with TE. After we finished, he brought me up to university relations. Within the next few days they had extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for the interviewer - throughout my interview he had given me a quick run down of the business unit and company as a whole. Be prepared to ask questions that show your ability to bring new ideas and insight to the company   Answer Question
    The pay was pretty good for an internship. The cost of living in Harrisburg was also pretty low.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in April 2011.

Interviewing manager called me and requested I come in for a one on one interview. Two weeks later he asked that I come in and interview with 3 or 4 more individuals. The interview was straight forward. No difficult or unexpected questions. Interviewer did not seem to develop his questions from a list but rather ask his own questions. I would say that his style is fairly relax where as another TE employee may be more rigid.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Offer was acceptable and the economy is tight. I was conservative. I got what I wanted and decided not to ask for more. I did ask for more vacation time as only two weeks/year for the first five years was given. I have more than 10 years experience and the short vacation time was difficult to swallow. Unfortunately they would not negotiate vacation time.

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in March 2011.

SPI information

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berwyn, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in February 2011.

Very straightforward interview, mostly just to see the kind of person you were. Minimal pressure when answering questions

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in January 2011.

I received a single initial phone call scheduling the interview. I met with one of the HR specialists who spent about 30 minutes asking me some exceptionally general questions about my background. It was clear she had no knowledge of what my skill set really needed to be to do the job. After the interview, she introduced me to the manager of HR and told me I would hear from them within the week. By the time I got home there was a message offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly is the ADDIE methodology and how would you apply that in creating training in a manufacturing setting?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in December 2010.

1) On-campus recruiting interview
    2) University recruiting interview in Harrisburg, PA
    3) 1 hr. phone interview with employee in Menlo Park, CA
    4) 6 hr. on-site interview in Menlo Park
    5) 1 hr. phone interview
    6) Offer!

They asked mostly behavioral questions and past experience questions. I had fairly easy and straightforward interviews with everyone I talked to. For the six hour on-site interview, I talked to six different people all for an hour each. Many of their questions were repeated as there isn't much planning put into interviews on their end.

Interview Questions
    I regret not negotiating more. They wouldn't negotiate on vacation time (2 weeks), but many coworkers were able to negotiate salary.

Engineering Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2010.

Initially I met the company at one of my university's job fairs, then I applied for the job via the university's job posting site. The first interview was on campus and very informal, the interviewer described the IT organization at the company and it was mostly informational. He was very friendly and easy to talk to, in fact we became good friends after I got the job.
    The 2nd round interview was held in Harrisburg. The company paid for travel expenses and hotel accommodations for around 50 potential intern candidates from IT to Marketing to Engineering majors. We had a full dinner with prime rib the night before the interviews for all the interns where we got a presentation from the HR director and one of the senior management on the company in general and its future goals.
    The actual interviews took place on various company campuses depending on the job type, in my case IT was at the 200 Amp Dr. building in Harrisburg. It was a round-robin type affair where the interns rotated, being interviewed by the various divisions in the IT department. At the end we were told to mark the interviews in order that we would be most interested in a job offer from. The entire event took from 8 AM to around 4 PM, included a complementary light lunch and a movie playing for entertainment in the main room between interviews. The interviews themselves varied greatly, but in general they were laid-back with a friendly atmosphere. It was a very positive experience and I felt like the company treated us exceptionally well during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the department that I wanted to get a job offer from. I was given the opportunity to negotiate the salary, but I was pleased with what was offered, so I didn't. I would advise others considering an internship offer to accept it as the experience is great.