TE Connectivity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Berwyn, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TE Connectivity in October 2012.

Interview Details – First, I submitted my resumer through my college carrer link. Then I was notified that I was selected for an interview on my college campus. I went to the interview on campus. It was conducted by two different tax directors/managers. They mainly went through my resume and threw a few behavioral questions in there. Finally, was told that they would reach a decision in about a week and that there would most likely not be second interviews, just an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult work challenge, or school.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview Details – My interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Questions about my past work experience, education, future plans, etc.. The normal type of questions. I had two supervisors and a manager present.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Harrisburg, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiters were friendly and organized. Office environment was new, clean. The first day was a presentation and orientation, the second day was interviews. I interviewed with two engineers for an summer internship.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you had to convince someone of something you didn't believe in.   View Answer

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met recruiter during Career Fair - Submitted CV - Was contacted, asked to schedule first interview - Contacted 1.5 weeks later and asked to attend final interview on site.
2 Rounds of interviewing,
First Round - On Campus - Behavioral
Final Round - On Site - Technical

Interview Question – Arcing is bad for an electrical system, to deal with it we need to characterize it first. How would you measure the Electrical Characteristics of an Arc?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Was asked what salary I expected before they made the offer, my mistake was giving them a number. I feel I could have gotten more.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Berwyn, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very straightforward interview, mostly just to see the kind of person you were. Minimal pressure when answering questions

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in December 2011.

Interview Details – I have never got such an easy interview in my life. People seemed nice and you would not have to try hard to make it to the second round interview.

Interview Question – What you are good at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Over the phone

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Senior Firmware Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in March 2011.

Interview Details – SPI information

Interview Questions

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Accounting/Finance Intern
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TE Connectivity in April 2011.

Interview Details – All the candidates were brought in to the campus the previous evening for dinner and a presentation by TE representatives. The next day consisted of my interview and a plant tour. Several candidates had multiple interviews. The whole process was a great experience.
I had interviewed with an accounting manager who would later be my supervisor throughout the summer. He basically asked questions to see if I would be a good match with TE. After we finished, he brought me up to university relations. Within the next few days they had extended an offer.

Interview Question – Questions for the interviewer - throughout my interview he had given me a quick run down of the business unit and company as a whole. Be prepared to ask questions that show your ability to bring new ideas and insight to the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was pretty good for an internship. The cost of living in Harrisburg was also pretty low.

Materials Planner Interview

Materials Planner
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by TE Connectivity directly through a Staffing Agency. I was given the opportunity to interview with the Material's Manager and the District Material's Manager. The interview itself was very vague with the majority of the conversation based solely on my education and view's towards those who lack formal education. The company's expectations were not clearly outlined however, the terms "this is hard word" were used frequently.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given the opportunity to approach the employer with an acceptable salary on my terms. The offer itself exceeded my salary expectations.

Engineering Systems Intern Interview

Engineering Systems Intern
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TE Connectivity in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I met the company at one of my university's job fairs, then I applied for the job via the university's job posting site. The first interview was on campus and very informal, the interviewer described the IT organization at the company and it was mostly informational. He was very friendly and easy to talk to, in fact we became good friends after I got the job.
The 2nd round interview was held in Harrisburg. The company paid for travel expenses and hotel accommodations for around 50 potential intern candidates from IT to Marketing to Engineering majors. We had a full dinner with prime rib the night before the interviews for all the interns where we got a presentation from the HR director and one of the senior management on the company in general and its future goals.
The actual interviews took place on various company campuses depending on the job type, in my case IT was at the 200 Amp Dr. building in Harrisburg. It was a round-robin type affair where the interns rotated, being interviewed by the various divisions in the IT department. At the end we were told to mark the interviews in order that we would be most interested in a job offer from. The entire event took from 8 AM to around 4 PM, included a complementary light lunch and a movie playing for entertainment in the main room between interviews. The interviews themselves varied greatly, but in general they were laid-back with a friendly atmosphere. It was a very positive experience and I felt like the company treated us exceptionally well during the interview process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the department that I wanted to get a job offer from. I was given the opportunity to negotiate the salary, but I was pleased with what was offered, so I didn't. I would advise others considering an internship offer to accept it as the experience is great.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TE Connectivity