TE Connectivity

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TE Connectivity in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with hiring manager which lead to invitation to fly from out of state for face to face interviews. Met with two employees, including hiring manager, in one on one interviews prior to lunch. At lunch it became obvious that something was awkward. The group that joined me for lunch in the company cafeteria didn't bother to make any conversation with me. It was as if I wasn't in the room. I kept asking them about the area and other general questions but there was no interest in getting to know me outside of an interview setting. During the process, it was made clear to me that the company had already interviewed 40 candidates and that they were looking for a good fit. Needless to say, the controller who was scheduled to meet with me for 45 minutes after lunch only gave me 20 minutes of her precious time. I was then escorted out by an administrative assistant and left wondering what went wrong. I heard from the recruiter that I wasn't a good fit due to a pretty shallow reason which I won't divulge. It became clear why the company had already interviewed 40 people and not found their perfect match. Their attitude was as if it would be a blessing for somebody to work with them.

Let's just say that it all made sense after the fact. Everyone in the dept is a woman, and they obviously want to hire another woman. That is fine, but could have saved everyone's time and company's money to fly me into town by avoiding the charade. I guess HR wants to create the illusion that everyone has an opportunity but obviously not the fact.

Interview Question – All questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TE Connectivity

Worked for TE Connectivity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TE Connectivity Senior Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TE Connectivity employees and interview candidates.