TECO Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Utility Technician Interview

Field Utility Technician
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TECO Energy.

Interview Details – Apply online only, screened at headquarters, called for face-to-face interview. See three interviewers all asking behavioral questions. Get called back in a week for follow-up and offer or emailed rejection. One of the interviewers will be the hiring manager for the department you are applying for. The others will be their peers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your superior, what was the situation, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, salary was set by union contract.

BSA Interview

BSA
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TECO Energy in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with all I.T. Managers and some staff

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Lead Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Lead Oracle Database Administrator
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TECO Energy in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the positon thru on-line web site. Got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. There were three 1:1 interview with customer manager, application manager and hiring manager. Each session lasted for an hour. They are standard behavior interview with no surprise. I think I did well during the interview. The managers were friendly. However, during lunch break with DBA team, the questions keep poping up like "Are you retired from previous company?" "Are you going to leave since the TECO job itself is not so exciting?". "Lead DBA is a title not a job function itself!" I was told by hiring manager that I'll get a call from either himself or the recruitor in next few days. Instead I got a reject email 2 days later with no explanation. There are some hidden agendas they have not told you about! :(

Interview Question – They are standard behavior questions! You can "google" them under the title "behavior interview".   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TECO Energy in May 2010.

Interview Details – Day 1 - Applied on-line and attached resume. Very easy application process. Received an email within a couple weeks stating that I will be moving to the first step of the process. This first step is an on-line assessment (Mostly personality questions) which took about an hour. If you pass this you will be selected to go to the next phase which is a skills test in their Call Center. They grade the skills test right away and if you pass that, you will go directly into a panel interview. I had 3 people, two from the department and one from HR. All the questions needed to be answered in the STAR format... Situation or Task, Action, then Result. Had at least 10 different questions and it took about an hour. I left feeling good and did in fact receive a call within a couple days with a job offer. Came in about 2 days later to sign paperwork, including that all the answers to the questions in the application I had filled out initially were truthful. They reiterated that we need to make sure that we listed any and all convictions, Felony or Misdemeanor, and sign the application. I was told to go back 7 years, which I had done originally and listed 3 misdemeanors I had. These were known BEFORE I was offered the job so I felt pretty confident that nothing could go wrong. I was floored when the job was rescinded after they did their background check and saw a few other misdemeanors I had 10-20 yrs ago. Overall very easy hiring process but beware that they will probably go back 20 yrs or so on your background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to request help or assistance on a project or assignment.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to face a co-worker who wasn't pulling their own weight.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TECO Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was an on campus interview in where I spoke with a recruiter from the company. After speaking briefly and dropping off my resume, I was later contact about a week later for a internship position. After that I went to the site and did a brief interview. About a week later I was contacted with the position.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TECO Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TECO Energy interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by TECO Energy employees and interview candidates.