TEKsystems Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.6

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions
    • Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

multiple interviews with current Tek employees

Interview Questions
    was given a cap and told I could accept or not. Cap was way under market value for the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in June 2010.

The interview was more of a formality than anything. A former manager of mine wanted to hire me and several other people that had workded with im in the past. Ericsson uses Teksystems as their only contracting agency. Our manager told Teksystems I want to hire these people, and told us to contect Teksystems and set up an interview. We interviewd, signed the forms and started shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was only a formality, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2010.

Hiring and interview process is simple: they will conduct a test of your skills using third party programs, cover the basics of the job, provide advise on how to handle the interview, and then let you go.

Interview Questions
    • Some recruiters will ask "Are you willing to take jobs that aren't temp-to-perm"? Be warned, this is a trick question.   View Answer
    TEK Systems does not negotiate rates since the contract rate is locked in.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

I was referred to the position by a previous co-worker on a Friday, and sent a copy of my resume in to the account manager. He called back within an hour, and I had an interview set up for Monday. I filled my background check paperwork out on Wednesday, and started the following Monday.

The phone interview with the hiring manager, in retrospect, was quite amusing. He's a very pragmatic, no-nonsense, ex-military kind of guy, so if he asked you something like "have you worked with EIGRP?", he wanted "yes" or "no" as an answer. If he wanted details, he'd ask. If he didn't, he expected you to SHUT UP.
    ALL of us (the first group of hires) were convinced by the end of the interview that he *hated* us, but it's just his personality.

The account manager, for his part, did try to prepare us for the kinds of questions we would be asked ("general networking, past background", etc), so that was good. I would have liked a little more insight on the hiring manager's approach, but everything moved VERY quickly and it may simply have slipped his mind.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any interview questions, but I was using a new Voice over IP line, which had an (unknown to me at the time, but nevertheless "known issue") with my home router, so the call kept disconnecting (after 3 minutes).   View Answer
    Obviously, try to find out what the market is paying for that position. If you've got some special skill or a special incentive for them to hire you (i.e. "I can start tomorrow" or "I have these professional certifications"), absolutely try to negotiate for a higher rate.

I did not try to negotiate at all, because I'd been unemployed and was delighted to have a job working at a company I'd wanted to work at for years. However, I am also happy with my rate of pay.