TEKsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is simple: they will conduct a test of your skills using third party programs, cover the basics of the job, provide advise on how to handle the interview, and then let you go.

Interview Question – Some recruiters will ask "Are you willing to take jobs that aren't temp-to-perm"? Be warned, this is a trick question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – TEK Systems does not negotiate rates since the contract rate is locked in.

Very Easy Interview

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Interview Details – multiple interviews with current Tek employees

Interview Question – How many floors were on the elevator when you came up.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – was given a cap and told I could accept or not. Cap was way under market value for the job.

Very Difficult Interview

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Question – Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   View Answer

Network Technician Interview

Network Technician
Frisco, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position by a previous co-worker on a Friday, and sent a copy of my resume in to the account manager. He called back within an hour, and I had an interview set up for Monday. I filled my background check paperwork out on Wednesday, and started the following Monday.

The phone interview with the hiring manager, in retrospect, was quite amusing. He's a very pragmatic, no-nonsense, ex-military kind of guy, so if he asked you something like "have you worked with EIGRP?", he wanted "yes" or "no" as an answer. If he wanted details, he'd ask. If he didn't, he expected you to SHUT UP.
ALL of us (the first group of hires) were convinced by the end of the interview that he *hated* us, but it's just his personality.

The account manager, for his part, did try to prepare us for the kinds of questions we would be asked ("general networking, past background", etc), so that was good. I would have liked a little more insight on the hiring manager's approach, but everything moved VERY quickly and it may simply have slipped his mind.

Interview Question – I don't remember any interview questions, but I was using a new Voice over IP line, which had an (unknown to me at the time, but nevertheless "known issue") with my home router, so the call kept disconnecting (after 3 minutes).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Obviously, try to find out what the market is paying for that position. If you've got some special skill or a special incentive for them to hire you (i.e. "I can start tomorrow" or "I have these professional certifications"), absolutely try to negotiate for a higher rate.

I did not try to negotiate at all, because I'd been unemployed and was delighted to have a job working at a company I'd wanted to work at for years. However, I am also happy with my rate of pay.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Richardson, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was more of a formality than anything. A former manager of mine wanted to hire me and several other people that had workded with im in the past. Ericsson uses Teksystems as their only contracting agency. Our manager told Teksystems I want to hire these people, and told us to contect Teksystems and set up an interview. We interviewd, signed the forms and started shortly after that.

Interview Question – The interview was only a formality, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any negotiating.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees and interview candidates.