TEKsystems IT Consultant Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

A little unorganized and long process. Conference calls not being made when scheduled.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions
    • Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2009.

Took about tow interviews, got sent to the Clients site( one of TS hiring mgrs meet me @ the door) Ultimately, the client make the final decisions whether to bring you in. not T'sysytem.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are based on the job reqs ie, Technical vs Software   Answer Question
    its often hard to negotiate if you are still getting on board ( remember that TS is only a middleman)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in February 2010.

The guys at TekSystems were really good. Followed up quickly and efficiently, negotiated a better salary, and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to get the job. Of course, their commission depended on me getting in, but they were still awesome to work with. Highly recommended.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't much of a negotiation, but it was alright.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2008.

Contacted directly by recruiter. Initially conducted phone interview. Another phone interview was arranged with a more in-depth process with another recruiter. Was given a on-line skills test with Microsoft office products, as well as personality test. Arranged for a face-to-face interview. Interview conducted very professionally. Offered an initial job offer at end of interview with overview of benefits, salary, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most complex issue and how you resolved it successfully.   Answer Question
    Vacation and medical/dental plan was negotiable. Was told that if my contract with State Farm was successful at the end of the year-long contract, and I wanted to move to another location, TEKsystems would find me a job at my new location as well as pay any relocation costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2010.

Was brought into a room where I met with my recruiter. He reviewed my history and told me he will start looking for me right away.

Interview Questions

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!