TEKsystems IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Rockville, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Video / Skype interview with two different recruiters who reviewed my background and skill sets and offered a few recommendations for the next steps. Once I completed the next steps the final process was directly with the client and that went very well. The preparation given related to the position was accurate and very helpful in landing this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• All questions related to previous experience and skills as they will relate to the client's requirements.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

got contacted by recruiter, Had a phone interview with Tek, then with client. I was then sent to client for in person interview. I then waited a week or so while they interviewed others and was offered the job.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A little unorganized and long process. Conference calls not being made when scheduled.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions

• Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TEKsystems (Tampa, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Was brought into a room where I met with my recruiter. He reviewed my history and told me he will start looking for me right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The guys at TekSystems were really good. Followed up quickly and efficiently, negotiated a better salary, and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to get the job. Of course, their commission depended on me getting in, but they were still awesome to work with. Highly recommended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't much of a negotiation, but it was alright.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Nashville, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

Took about tow interviews, got sent to the Clients site( one of TS hiring mgrs meet me @ the door) Ultimately, the client make the final decisions whether to bring you in. not T'sysytem.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based on the job reqs ie, Technical vs Software   Answer Question

Negotiation

its often hard to negotiate if you are still getting on board ( remember that TS is only a middleman)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Bloomington, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Contacted directly by recruiter. Initially conducted phone interview. Another phone interview was arranged with a more in-depth process with another recruiter. Was given a on-line skills test with Microsoft office products, as well as personality test. Arranged for a face-to-face interview. Interview conducted very professionally. Offered an initial job offer at end of interview with overview of benefits, salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most complex issue and how you resolved it successfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation and medical/dental plan was negotiable. Was told that if my contract with State Farm was successful at the end of the year-long contract, and I wanted to move to another location, TEKsystems would find me a job at my new location as well as pay any relocation costs.