TEKsystems IT Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A phone interview, in person interview, third lunch interview. Whatever you were taught straight out of business school about interviews...toss it out the window for the in person interview. They really want to know about you as a person to have an understanding of if this job is a good fit for your personality. Very personal questions asked. Were you the slacker in fraternity life? Do you feel like you fought for attention as the middle child? VERY PERSONAL but not invasive in my opinion. Don't be afraid to show your flaws, they want to work with you if you're a good candidate to conquer those issues and aim for progress. Be teachable and show how opened you are to making mistakes and being trained.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

standard sit down interview. Asked many different questions about the company and what I knew about it. Also asked about my past history with jobs as well as with school. Asked about what I had heard about the company as well.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

There were questions mostly about your personality and how you work in a team. I went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview, and finally an in person interview after filling out an online profile. The in person interview itself took about an hour. They mostly wanted you to get them to engage (cause it's sales.)

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a current TEKsystems recruiter on LinkedIn because of common past work experience and then set up a phone interview with a territory recruiter. They asked a lot of basic questions about my education and past work experience. It seemed like a get-to-know-you interview and test of your phone presence, as this is a big part of the job. An in person interview was set up immediately during the phone interview with the director of the location I was applying for. I then had to complete a lengthy job history form online before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position to be in within 5 years?
      What motivates you?
      What has been your biggest struggle to overcome either in your personal life or work life?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Really honed in on the 'Why?' of wanting the job and the resiliency to be able to handle rejection and commit to succeeding. It is a great interview process for someone that has a lot of fire, but maybe not a lot of technical skills. I enjoyed it though because it allowed for TEKsystems to see if I was a good fit for them, and also it allowed for me to see if it would be a good fit for me. They have room for advancement in the company, but it seemed a bit dry for me.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Interview

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Interview

Talk with account managers and DBO do find out if job is right for me. Half day interview to talk with the staff and see what its all about.

Interview Questions

• Name the largest challange in your sales carereer to date.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

The first part of the interview is a phone screen that lasts about 20-30 minutes. They ask you a lot of situational questions, " what would you do in this situation" and "describe a time when you did this/ that". They grill you with about 10-12 questions. Then you get a call explaining next steps, which usually means you come in the office to meet with the manager. The manager asks you more questions, however it feels more conversational. Then the third part id a half day, when you coming in and see how the day is run, meet different recruiters and managers, and then right before lunch you have a panel interview where 2-3 other managers sit and grill you for about an hour. Then they either take you out to lunch or give you a call a few days later about the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were confronted about not doing a good job and how did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isnt room to negotiate. they have a base salary of 31k and thats it, and they offer benefits which you have to pay about 60% for or you dont get benefits at all.

IT Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was a three-step interview process. Phone interview, in-office interview, and then you do a day of job shadowing and have a third interview with a panel of people. Overall, the interview process was more of a 'personal interview'. They really just want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in your life where you had to overcome a great obstacle.   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

1st interview was with the office director. The questions asked were more HR related but very in depth. Somewhat repetitive. The second was with some of the sales managers who had similar questions. The interview was geared more towards me and my abilities relating to the job function. The last one was with the regional director. Very upfront and direct. Geared solely on my abilities and experience in sales with random questions to throw me of.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question