TEKsystems

Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.3

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

IT Recruiter Interview

Talk with account managers and DBO do find out if job is right for me. Half day interview to talk with the staff and see what its all about.

Interview Questions
    • Name the largest challange in your sales carereer to date.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

The first part of the interview is a phone screen that lasts about 20-30 minutes. They ask you a lot of situational questions, " what would you do in this situation" and "describe a time when you did this/ that". They grill you with about 10-12 questions. Then you get a call explaining next steps, which usually means you come in the office to meet with the manager. The manager asks you more questions, however it feels more conversational. Then the third part id a half day, when you coming in and see how the day is run, meet different recruiters and managers, and then right before lunch you have a panel interview where 2-3 other managers sit and grill you for about an hour. Then they either take you out to lunch or give you a call a few days later about the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were confronted about not doing a good job and how did you react?   Answer Question
    There really isnt room to negotiate. they have a base salary of 31k and thats it, and they offer benefits which you have to pay about 60% for or you dont get benefits at all.

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

1st interview was with the office director. The questions asked were more HR related but very in depth. Somewhat repetitive. The second was with some of the sales managers who had similar questions. The interview was geared more towards me and my abilities relating to the job function. The last one was with the regional director. Very upfront and direct. Geared solely on my abilities and experience in sales with random questions to throw me of.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

I had 4 interviews with the company, the open house meeting, meeting with an Account Manager, Half-day interview and finally met with the DBO. Every interview was basically asking me my life story and was told to ask them any questions. These people love questions.. After the last interview with DBO, he told me to call if I was still interested or if I had the "drive", I am still waiting for him to call me back but I'm assuming the chances are slim.