TEKsystems

302 candidate interviews

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a one on one, a panel interview, and a final dinner. It was drawn out over the course of some months; really gassed you up into thinking that it was in the bag, only to get a rejection two weeks later. Disappointing.

Senior, QA Analyst Interview

Senior, QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from TekSystems for an opportunity that they had in Tallahassee. I was not actively looking but agreed to speak to the parties involved if they wished after they reviewed my resume. I interviewed with the Operations Manager of the client company and then was selected for a second interview. I had a group interview where I was asked multiple technical questions concerning technology that would be used for the position. After that interview I was offered a six month contract to perm position.

Interview Question – Describe how you would script an union and a join.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If it is six months contract to perm, make sure that they have to hire you if your job performance is good.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Naperville, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview was fairly simple. The recruiter I spoke with asked the basic sales position questions. ( Why sales, past sales experience, what motivates you, etc.) I passed this portion of the interview and was set up with a 1:1 interview with the district manager. The DM asks more behavioral questions. This part is a little harder. I made it past this portion of the interview with a lot of confidence and was invited back for the last part of the interview process. This part was a on the job shadow day. I started the day off with a panel interview where two account mangers drill you with more specific behavioral questions. After about 45 mins of the panel interview I met with a bunch of different employees and learn what they do on a day-to-day basis. Overall, it was a pretty intense interview. I felt extremely confident that I did well and thought I would have been offered the position. I didn't hear back until about 2 weeks later in which i received a generic letter in the mail stating I wasn't going to be hired. TOTAL BUMMER. I'm not bitter towards the company though. It's definitely looked like a great place to work.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2012.

Interview Details – This divsion is a contracting placement firm. TEK Systems listed a Senior Project Management position on thier website. However the TEK recruiter i spoke to, after she contacted me, stated it was not going to pay at a rate of a Senior Project Manager nor was it actually a Senior Project Manager level, dispite the position titile being "Senior Project Manager". When I aksed how they determine the rate paid to the contactor vs paid by client she said only the account manager knows that, however she stated it is not more than 50%. Then she hung up on me!. Very unprofessional and suspect that they are taking advantage of contractors they connect to thier clients.

Interview Question – What is my acceptable pay rate for a Senior Project Manager   View Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Delivery Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews with team members that are currently working on the account. 1 face to face interview and lunch with hiring manager. The lunch is part of the hiring process and they are evaluating your social and interpersonal skills. The phone interviews take 30 minutes to 1 hour. The lunch and face to face interview can take 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Question – The want real world examples of your strengths and struggles. If you do not have a real struggle then you will not pass the interview, no saying things like you have time keeping issue where you always are running a head of schedule and that it can impact the other people you are meeting. That will be looked at as an avoidance and will come across as you do not know what areas you need to improve and watch. It is okay to say how you try to keep the struggle from impacting your work and other ways you compensate. They are looking for honesty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were up front with the limits to pay. If you negotiate it will extend the hiring process by more than 2 weeks even by an ask for little more money. They normally have a budget and pay off of that budget so additional ask will take time to get approval and sometimes it will rule you out as a candidate. You can ask for other items like extra days off or the ability to work remote when not traveling to client sites. That is the better way to go.

Senior Manager of Sales Support Interview

Senior Manager of Sales Support

I applied through other source - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was very detailed on person and perfesional, they wanted to know everything about your prior experiances and how you have impacted people througout your career.

Interview Question – all pretty straight forward just be ready with lots of expamples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normal

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Question – Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Help Desk I/II Interview

Help Desk I/II

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Recruiters are friendly and easy to work with, however the senior recruiter tried to pinch me with questions to see if I will stay long-term. Irony is that TekSystems lost a huge contract with Boeing losing hundreds of jobs.

Interview Question – If I'm truly dedicated to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no pay negotiations.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!