TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Framingham, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Naperville, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was fairly simple. The recruiter I spoke with asked the basic sales position questions. ( Why sales, past sales experience, what motivates you, etc.) I passed this portion of the interview and was set up with a 1:1 interview with the district manager. The DM asks more behavioral questions. This part is a little harder. I made it past this portion of the interview with a lot of confidence and was invited back for the last part of the interview process. This part was a on the job shadow day. I started the day off with a panel interview where two account mangers drill you with more specific behavioral questions. After about 45 mins of the panel interview I met with a bunch of different employees and learn what they do on a day-to-day basis. Overall, it was a pretty intense interview. I felt extremely confident that I did well and thought I would have been offered the position. I didn't hear back until about 2 weeks later in which i received a generic letter in the mail stating I wasn't going to be hired. TOTAL BUMMER. I'm not bitter towards the company though. It's definitely looked like a great place to work.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

This divsion is a contracting placement firm. TEK Systems listed a Senior Project Management position on thier website. However the TEK recruiter i spoke to, after she contacted me, stated it was not going to pay at a rate of a Senior Project Manager nor was it actually a Senior Project Manager level, dispite the position titile being "Senior Project Manager". When I aksed how they determine the rate paid to the contactor vs paid by client she said only the account manager knows that, however she stated it is not more than 50%. Then she hung up on me!. Very unprofessional and suspect that they are taking advantage of contractors they connect to thier clients.

Interview Questions

• What is my acceptable pay rate for a Senior Project Manager   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of a one on one, a panel interview, and a final dinner. It was drawn out over the course of some months; really gassed you up into thinking that it was in the bag, only to get a rejection two weeks later. Disappointing.

Senior, QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from TekSystems for an opportunity that they had in Tallahassee. I was not actively looking but agreed to speak to the parties involved if they wished after they reviewed my resume. I interviewed with the Operations Manager of the client company and then was selected for a second interview. I had a group interview where I was asked multiple technical questions concerning technology that would be used for the position. After that interview I was offered a six month contract to perm position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If it is six months contract to perm, make sure that they have to hire you if your job performance is good.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions

• Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   1 Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews with team members that are currently working on the account. 1 face to face interview and lunch with hiring manager. The lunch is part of the hiring process and they are evaluating your social and interpersonal skills. The phone interviews take 30 minutes to 1 hour. The lunch and face to face interview can take 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• The want real world examples of your strengths and struggles. If you do not have a real struggle then you will not pass the interview, no saying things like you have time keeping issue where you always are running a head of schedule and that it can impact the other people you are meeting. That will be looked at as an avoidance and will come across as you do not know what areas you need to improve and watch. It is okay to say how you try to keep the struggle from impacting your work and other ways you compensate. They are looking for honesty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were up front with the limits to pay. If you negotiate it will extend the hiring process by more than 2 weeks even by an ask for little more money. They normally have a budget and pay off of that budget so additional ask will take time to get approval and sometimes it will rule you out as a candidate. You can ask for other items like extra days off or the ability to work remote when not traveling to client sites. That is the better way to go.

Senior Manager of Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview

It was very detailed on person and perfesional, they wanted to know everything about your prior experiances and how you have impacted people througout your career.

Interview Questions

• all pretty straight forward just be ready with lots of expamples   Answer Question

Negotiation

Normal

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Bhubaneswar (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

These Process includes 1 written test(QUANT,DI,LOGICAL REASONING,PROGRAMMING,2Ques about the company). The top 60 students went for GD round.The topics were basically on latest development. Those who cleared the GD went fpr the technical interview and then HR intwrview

Interview Questions

• There were questions related to number system,time n work,time n distance,permutation,probability,DI,logical reasoning,programming(was tough)   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter by email to let me know that my resume had been received, and she would like to follow up with me the next day to find out exactly what I was looking for. Well, I did not receive a call from her until three days later. We played phone tag for about a week, then through email we scheduled a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had an in depth phone interview two days later. The phone interview lasted for about an hour. After the phone interview, I realized that this was not a company that I wanted to work for (it was one of the most intense interviews that I have ever had).

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the company from the website? (After I responded with what I thought was a detailed response, the recruiter asked me if there was anything else that I would like to add. Then she gave me an entire history of the company). Do you mix business and your personal life? How did you handle offering criticism to a previous or current co-worker? Why are you looking for another position? How long have you been looking for a new position? What types of positions have you applied for? Have you had any other interviews? What is the status? (I felt quite uncomfortable and awkward responding to the last set of questions because I felt like this information is my personal business).   Answer Question