TEKsystems

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

nothing.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

The process consisted of a one on one, a panel interview, and a final dinner. It was drawn out over the course of some months; really gassed you up into thinking that it was in the bag, only to get a rejection two weeks later. Disappointing.

Senior, QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter from TekSystems for an opportunity that they had in Tallahassee. I was not actively looking but agreed to speak to the parties involved if they wished after they reviewed my resume. I interviewed with the Operations Manager of the client company and then was selected for a second interview. I had a group interview where I was asked multiple technical questions concerning technology that would be used for the position. After that interview I was offered a six month contract to perm position.

Interview Questions
    If it is six months contract to perm, make sure that they have to hire you if your job performance is good.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in May 2012.

The phone interview was fairly simple. The recruiter I spoke with asked the basic sales position questions. ( Why sales, past sales experience, what motivates you, etc.) I passed this portion of the interview and was set up with a 1:1 interview with the district manager. The DM asks more behavioral questions. This part is a little harder. I made it past this portion of the interview with a lot of confidence and was invited back for the last part of the interview process. This part was a on the job shadow day. I started the day off with a panel interview where two account mangers drill you with more specific behavioral questions. After about 45 mins of the panel interview I met with a bunch of different employees and learn what they do on a day-to-day basis. Overall, it was a pretty intense interview. I felt extremely confident that I did well and thought I would have been offered the position. I didn't hear back until about 2 weeks later in which i received a generic letter in the mail stating I wasn't going to be hired. TOTAL BUMMER. I'm not bitter towards the company though. It's definitely looked like a great place to work.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in June 2012.

This divsion is a contracting placement firm. TEK Systems listed a Senior Project Management position on thier website. However the TEK recruiter i spoke to, after she contacted me, stated it was not going to pay at a rate of a Senior Project Manager nor was it actually a Senior Project Manager level, dispite the position titile being "Senior Project Manager". When I aksed how they determine the rate paid to the contactor vs paid by client she said only the account manager knows that, however she stated it is not more than 50%. Then she hung up on me!. Very unprofessional and suspect that they are taking advantage of contractors they connect to thier clients.

Interview Questions
    • What is my acceptable pay rate for a Senior Project Manager   View Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

3 phone interviews with team members that are currently working on the account. 1 face to face interview and lunch with hiring manager. The lunch is part of the hiring process and they are evaluating your social and interpersonal skills. The phone interviews take 30 minutes to 1 hour. The lunch and face to face interview can take 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The want real world examples of your strengths and struggles. If you do not have a real struggle then you will not pass the interview, no saying things like you have time keeping issue where you always are running a head of schedule and that it can impact the other people you are meeting. That will be looked at as an avoidance and will come across as you do not know what areas you need to improve and watch. It is okay to say how you try to keep the struggle from impacting your work and other ways you compensate. They are looking for honesty.   Answer Question
    They were up front with the limits to pay. If you negotiate it will extend the hiring process by more than 2 weeks even by an ask for little more money. They normally have a budget and pay off of that budget so additional ask will take time to get approval and sometimes it will rule you out as a candidate. You can ask for other items like extra days off or the ability to work remote when not traveling to client sites. That is the better way to go.

Senior Manager of Sales Support Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

It was very detailed on person and perfesional, they wanted to know everything about your prior experiances and how you have impacted people througout your career.

Interview Questions
    • all pretty straight forward just be ready with lots of expamples   Answer Question
    Normal

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview process consisted of two TEK phone interviews before interview with prospective contract client. Interviews with TEK were mainly as expected, questions about my experience, past job history, industry certifications, along with some personal history. I found the interview with my client to be much more technical related. I was interviewed, by phone, for two hours without a break, hammered with questions from all around...The interviewers were very personable, and I could tell they were very team oriented (which I like). I was thrown a couple times by a couple of old school transport layer questions as well as a couple from an obviously experienced database admin. I held my own and eventually got the contract. Still not quite a year since joining the company,and I am pretty happy so far.

Interview Questions
    • Define the TCP handshake? wasn't expecting that one...   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

No your bottom line

QA Architect, Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

The worst interview process I have ever experienced. No one meeting went unchanged. The interview process was a month long. The 4th week I was asked to fly across the country to meet with the Practice Director and a Manager. It was 2 days of travel for a 3 hour disastrous interview which felt like an interrogation. The Practice Director did not show for the meeting and I was notified 20 minutes before she was supposed to pick me up. The Manager called me and said he would be 15 minutes late, that he did not know he would be meeting with me. REALLY!! When he picked me up he apologized for his attire of t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. Most unprofessional interview I have ever been part of.

Interview Questions
    • When asked "How would you deal with someone that just wasn't in agreement with me as the team manager?" Then he said "Or would you just tell him he needs to do as the Queen asks". That wasn't a question but an insult.   View Answer